No announcement yet.

Did You Know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lava wat would happen say if griese was not cut and we kept him as aback up how would that work out would it be cheaper cost more money or would it be the sane as it is now???????????????
    2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!

Comment

I believe it was cheaper to get rid of him, because i think we are only payin his signing bonus rather than his whole contract, dont quote me on that though cuz i really know nothing about the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by halfback
        I believe it was cheaper to get rid of him, because i think we are only payin his signing bonus rather than his whole contract, dont quote me on that though cuz i really know nothing about the situation.
        yeah thats right, cutting him meant all his spread out signing bonus over about 5 years gets accelerated up to the 1st couple years i think , but all of the base salary is saved for the team. so if we didnt cut him, he would still be getting base salary of about $3,4,or 5 million a year.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
          yeah thats right, cutting him meant all his spread out signing bonus over about 5 years gets accelerated up to the 1st couple years i think , but all of the base salary is saved for the team. so if we didnt cut him, he would still be getting base salary of about $3,4,or 5 million a year.

then why didnt we just bench his sorry ass and make him want to leave like Kennoy?

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
            then why didnt we just bench his sorry ass and make him want to leave like Kennoy?
            kennoy??
            Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

meant kennison, my bad, multi-tasking this early isnt good for me

Comment

If we bench him, he is still on the team so he would still get his base salary of $3,4, or 5 million, whatever it was. by cutting him, at least we save the base salary money, but we still have to pay his signing bonus as a penalty or something like that. That's the part i always hate to do when im in my francise mode in madden 04, but its gotta be done smart or you will have no money for Nobody.
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

How much money should we spend on Gold, Wilson, and the other free agents? who should we get rid of?

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Well maybe someone still knows the meaning of team unity!!!!Hopfully a couple of these guys will restruct thier contract and try to free up some cap money to bring in some good D-backs or whatever.....Am i living a dream here????

Comment

signing bonus's

you can get signing bonuses back, or at least a portion of it. Eddie Kennison wanted to come back to Denver when he found out he was going to have to give some of his bonus back. We got 2 million on his bonus back if I remember correctly. It depends on whether or not it was in his contract. Most teams require something like that when they give out bonuses. It's a way to protect themselves from the players that don't show up.

Comment

Working...
                      X