running backs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running backs

i believe that yes the competition will be great for runningbacks. mike anderson is back. bell isnt gonna be a push over. he wants to be a starter more then ever. griffen being named starter last year will be hard to beat. hes small but skilled. 156 against kc first game. clarret is really looking to prove himself. dayne is always a threat as well. what i believe our back system should be is:

starting: bell
    2- griffen- i believe he has ability to start him or bell is fine with me
    3- anderson- good experience- if we use him as a full back its better
    4- clarret- a player that has been bashed alot. could be explosive
    5-dayne- very quiet. not much is mentioned about his ability.
    Canadian broncos fan for life

Originally posted by deer_dance9
    i believe that yes the competition will be great for runningbacks. mike anderson is back. bell isnt gonna be a push over. he wants to be a starter more then ever. griffen being named starter last year will be hard to beat. hes small but skilled. 156 against kc first game. clarret is really looking to prove himself. dayne is always a threat as well. what i believe our back system should be is:

I don't have much of a disagreement with the top 4 (although I think Anderson will see more carries than Q, at least early on) but I personally think that, barring injuries, Dayne will be hard-pressed to make this team at all.

Comment

Unless the injury bug hits, id have to say its a two horse race between Bell and Anderson, i really dont see Q in the starters mix unless an injury opens the door for him, and that could happen cause it did last year, both Anderson and Bell went down with injuries in camp and in that preseason game.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Not a bad list but I would have Anderson or Dayne as the backup and Clarret on the bottom for now. I live in Ohio and watch every OSU game, I think Clarret definitely has the potential to be great, but he hasnt played for awhile and Im sure he is not in good football shape. Bell should definitely start all games.

Comment

all true but i personaly believe in griffen. i think anderson will play fullback and it would be a battle between bell and griffen. i think griffen has a shot. taking nothing away from bell. but i wouldnt mind seeing griffen start.
          Canadian broncos fan for life

Comment

I say it goes like this
            Bell/Anderson
            Anderson/Bell
            Q
            Dayne
            But I do think Anderson will give Bell a good going.

Comment

A quick question:

I don't mean to jinx anyone, but I have a question for you:

Last year when training camp was approaching, nothing was set (more or less like this year) but some comments from the coaches led to think that the order was something like Q, Anderson/Bell, Hearst, with Anderson in a weird place, "fighting" for a spot as RB or as a FB. Now, the roster looks deeper, keeping Bell, Anderson, and Q; a rookie (Clarett) and the veteran FA (Dayne). But, anyway, last year everybody would ask Droughns who?

My point is, the work horse turned out to be somebody that wasn't even mentioned (he was close to be a Raider, if I remember correctly). If the injury bug bites again, who would you think could be the "black horse" (or more appropriately, the "black Bronco")?

Comment

Honestly, if Bell goes down I wouldn't be surprised to see Clarett split carries with MA. Shanny wants to prove that drafting Clarett wasn't a mistake, and if Mo is in football shape and gets the system down as I hear he IS doing, then Clarett will see some time this year. IF Bell goes down. He won't though...Bell is gonna bring back the explosiveness to our running game that Portis was notorious for. Damn..I miss Portis.

Comment

Originally posted by deer_dance9

Q will be #3 at the beginning of the season, and if injuries hit than Clarett will be in there before Q. Q had his opportunity and blew it.
                  The three Keys to football
                  1. Turnovers
                  2. Field Position
                  3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan#7
                    Not a bad list but I would have Anderson or Dayne as the backup and Clarret on the bottom for now. I live in Ohio and watch every OSU game, I think Clarret definitely has the potential to be great, but he hasnt played for awhile and Im sure he is not in good football shape. Bell should definitely start all games.
                    I agree with you more than anyone else here so far.

However, I may be wrong, but I just don't see Dayne cracking anything in the lineup. I've mentioned all along Clarett's potential, while also mentioning his inexperience and lack of football shape at present. Again, I really don't expect much of him this year . . . . maybe 2006? With Bell and MA leading the way, I don't see much of an opportunity for Q. It's not his talent that will hinder Q; it will be the logjam.

And Bobby Turner left absolutely no doubt that MA is no longer a fullback. None. Nada. Zilch.

Regarding the actual starter, I expect Bell the be there, even though I'm a bigger fan of MA's. Tuten (strength & conditioning coach) said Bell has put on 10 more pounds of muscle. That puts him between 215-220 lbs on a 5-11 frame, so he should have power galore. One good 85 yard TD run, and he's there for good.

-----

Comment

Barring Injuries Bell will get 1300+ yards this season. It should look like this if all goes well

1- Bell
                      2- MA
                      3- Q
                      4- Clarett
                      5- Dayne

3rd and long- Q
                      Goaline/3rd and short- MA

Comment

Originally posted by West
                        Barring Injuries Bell will get 1300+ yards this season. It should look like this if all goes well

1- Bell
                        2- MA
                        3- Q
                        4- Clarett
                        5- Dayne

3rd and long- Q
                        Goaline/3rd and short- MA
                        Bell won't get enough carries to see 1300 yards . . .

Comment

Originally posted by duaneok66
                          Why would you say that? I think he will get majority of the carries and only coming out on 3rd and long and 3rd and short. He will get his yards and he will see last years Miami game, every game.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                            Honestly, if Bell goes down I wouldn't be surprised to see Clarett split carries with MA. Shanny wants to prove that drafting Clarett wasn't a mistake, and if Mo is in football shape and gets the system down as I hear he IS doing, then Clarett will see some time this year. IF Bell goes down. He won't though...Bell is gonna bring back the explosiveness to our running game that Portis was notorious for. Damn..I miss Portis.
                            I agree with this.. except for missing Portis. I don't miss him at all.

Comment

Originally posted by duaneok66
                              More expert opinion . . . .

No! That was a prediction, wasn't it?

-----

Comment

Working...
                              X