Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I actually kind of like our schedule (Trap games and motivation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually kind of like our schedule (Trap games and motivation)

Every year we always seem to have trouble with the "trap games" on our schedule. We start out strong and then all of a sudden we lose motivation. Well, this schedule is definatly not lacking in motivation! It seems most every game has some special importance to it, and I think because of that, the Broncos will "bring it" more consistantly then they have in years past.

Let's take a look...

1 Sun Sep.11 at Miami Dolphins Stadium 01:00 PM EDT CBS
    Good to start the season with a win. We be playing hard for the first game no matter who it is. 1-0

2 Sun Sep.18 SAN DIEGO INVESCO Field at Mile High 02:15 PM MDT CBS
    Division rival. At Home. They beat us in an important game last year and won the division. We will be motivated and should beat them to get lead on them in the division. 2-0

3 Mon Sep.26 KANSAS CITY INVESCO Field at Mile High 07:00 PM MDT ABC
    Monday Night Football. At Home. Against Divsion Rival. We win. 3-0

4 Sun Oct. 2 at Jacksonville ALLTEL Stadium 01:00 PM EDT CBS
    Won't sleep on this one. We will get revenge for last year. 4-0

5 Sun Oct. 9 WASHINGTON INVESCO Field at Mile High 02:15 PM MDT FOX
    We got their first round pick for next year. Plus they suck. Has the makings of a trap game but we shouldn't sleep on this one. 5-0

6 Sun Oct.16 NEW ENGLAND INVESCO Field at Mile High 02:15 PM MDT CBS
    We almost beat the world champs last time with Kanell. We should be motivated to play the world champs. 6-0

7 Sun Oct.23 at New York Giants Giants Stadium 04:15 PM EDT CBS
    Trap game. We lose this one. 6-1

8 Sun Oct.30 PHILADELPHIA INVESCO Field at Mile High 02:15 PM MST FOX
    Should be an interesting match up. We will be motivated again. 7-1

9 BYE WEEK
    Good time to rest up

10 Sun Nov.13 at Oakland McAfee Coliseum 01:05 PM PST CBS
    We'll be motivated as always when we play. We need to avenge last years snow game and maintain our division lead. 8-1

11 Sun Nov.20 NEW YORK JETS INVESCO Field at Mile High 02:15 PM MST CBS
    Fighting for playoffs. We will be motivated. It's at home. 9-1

12 Thu Nov.24 at Dallas Texas Stadium 03:15 PM CST CBS
    Trap game. We lose. 9-2

13 Sun Dec. 4 at Kansas City Arrowhead Stadium 03:15 PM CST CBS
    It's too much to overcome. They get revenge. 9-3

14 Sun Dec.11 BALTIMORE INVESCO Field at Mile High 02:15 PM MST CBS
    We will finally beat these guys and get OUR revenge. 10-3

15 Sat Dec.17 at Buffalo Ralph Wilson Stadium 08:30 PM EST ESPN
    Tough game. Both teams fighting for playoffs. We lose. 10-4

16 Sat Dec.24 OAKLAND INVESCO Field at Mile High 02:15 PM MST CBS
    We don't need much motivation to beat these chodes. 11-4

17 Sat Dec.31 at San Diego Qualcomm Stadium 01:30 PM PST CBS
    This could be one of the most important games of the year. We lose anyway. 11-5

Regular season record: 11-5

Anyway, keep in mind that these "predictions" are extremely hypothetical and only based on our percieved motivation for each game. And not so much other important factors like players, coaching ect ect. I know the Broncos should be motivated 100% for every game but we all know that isn't always true.

Go Broncos!
    Last edited by The Dark Knight; 07-21-2005, 04:12 AM.

Yes . . .

You may well be right. It seems so often the Broncos have the greatest problems in games they should by all means win.
    Perhaps this schedule will keep them on their toes and, as you said, motivated.

With that schedule, it had better . . .

-----

Comment

i dont see us beating philly but i see us beating oakland twice

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
        You may well be right. It seems so often the Broncos have the greatest problems in games they should by all means win.
        Perhaps this schedule will keep them on their toes and, as you said, motivated.

With that schedule, it had better . . .

-----

Yeah, no doubt.

And perhaps we'll get a little more respect if we start beating some of the big league teams.

I've already heard a couple times from the media that we had a lucky/soft schedule last year and that we didn't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Comment

The only bad thing is that you have us stumbling down the stretch. Not the type of thing you ant to happen if you are gonna make a Superbowl run...
          My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
            The only bad thing is that you have us stumbling down the stretch. Not the type of thing you ant to happen if you are gonna make a Superbowl run...

We always stumble down the stretch.

Comment

You know I've looked at our schedule 100 times since it came out and every time I see it it gets more and more difficult. I agree that there are a lot of "trap" games, but somehow we need to overcome those and not be the victim of a major upset late in the season to a team that is going nowhere (if it sounds like I'm still bitter about the loss in the snow last year, it's because I am - I know I need to get over it,however )

Comment

Overall pretty good, however I see the first game as a trap Losing @MIA and JAX. After those two losses, winning all the rest Except perhaps @ KC and @SAN. Tye will be motivated from that point on.

14-2 because MIA was tougher than they thought but we still played down to their level, JAX has improved their already good DEF and if KC ans SAN are in the hunt those could be dogfights. If they are not still tough games but winnable.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                  Overall pretty good, however I see the first game as a trap Losing @MIA and JAX. After those two losses, winning all the rest Except perhaps @ KC and @SAN. Tye will be motivated from that point on.

14-2 because MIA was tougher than they thought but we still played down to their level, JAX has improved their already good DEF and if KC ans SAN are in the hunt those could be dogfights. If they are not still tough games but winnable.
                  I agree about Miami, but I think we'll prevail on a hot, humid day. Am I the only one who is concerned about a certain team with three rings coming to Invesco? I think it will be our only home loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                    I agree about Miami, but I think we'll prevail on a hot, humid day. Am I the only one who is concerned about a certain team with three rings coming to Invesco? I think it will be our only home loss.

We have played them close for years and lost for various reasons. Kannel played with the flu last time in BOS and almost pulled it out.

We do not have the same stigma with them as INDY.

Comment

I actually do agree with us going atleast 10-6 with our schedule especially with our new D-line.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                        I think the Philly game will be more of a challenge. I really doubt the Patriots will even win the AFC east this year, not with their coaching staff gone. Those coaches, IMHO, were a gargantuan part of the teams success by keeping the players in check. They signed the guy from the Seahawks and Duane Starks, but I just don't see them beating out the Steelers this year.

Comment

For those of you that think denver will lose to Miami.....

YOU'RE NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!

1. College coach's first NFL head coaching game
                          2. No secondary. Who do they have?
                          3. They'll actually regress from where they were last year, NOT be better....in the beginning of the season, at least.
                          4. Did I mention it's their HC's FIRST game?

The ONLY thing going against denver, is the fact that its in floriday and is an early game. For some reason, they just don't look as sharp until after the half.
                          In this instance though, it won't matter, because it won't be that close of game.....
                          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                            For those of you that think denver will lose to Miami.....

YOU'RE NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!

1. College coach's first NFL head coaching game
                            2. No secondary. Who do they have?
                            3. They'll actually regress from where they were last year, NOT be better....in the beginning of the season, at least.
                            4. Did I mention it's their HC's FIRST game?

The ONLY thing going against denver, is the fact that its in floriday and is an early game. For some reason, they just don't look as sharp until after the half.
                            In this instance though, it won't matter, because it won't be that close of game.....
                            Your probably correct.

BUT DEN has a habit of playing down to the level of their competition. Early SEP, early game, on the East coast hot as hell if not a Huricane.

This reeks of overconfidence if I ever saw one. remember ATL, OAK and CIN last year two gimmies and should never have happend in my book.

I sure hope I'm wrong about this!

Comment

Well . . .

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                              Your probably correct.

BUT DEN has a habit of playing down to the level of their competition. Early SEP, early game, on the East coast hot as hell if not a Huricane.

This reeks of overconfidence if I ever saw one. remember ATL, OAK and CIN last year two gimmies and should never have happend in my book.

I sure hope I'm wrong about this!
                              On paper, Denver should kick Miami into Georgia and back. But that is a dangerous, scary game to me. Denver historically has not done well on those east coast treks. However, maybe it will change this year. Hope so because later they go to New York.

-----

Comment

Working...
                              X