Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have any Bronco rooms in their houses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncs Bomber
    Before the news that the wife & I are expecting in April, the 3rd bedroom in our house was my daughter's playroom, which had a nice sports theme to it.

All four walls were painted white with navy blue pinstripes throughout. Two of the walls were dedicated to the Broncos and the other two to the Yankees.

One of my buddies owns a sports collectables business and hosts "signing" shows all over the country. Every time a Yankee player is scheduled to make an appearance, I give him one of my baseballs and he asks the player to add his name somewhere on the ball, and they always oblige as a favor to him (translation, I don't have to shell out the fee that the players charge). I have a handful of baseballs that are covered with various Yankee autographs, and they were on a shelf on one of the Yankee walls.

He also gives me an 8x10 of a Bronco or Yankee for every holiday and birthday, so they were hung all over the walls. My wife is a Red Sux fan, so she demanded I put something with the Sux up somewhere. My buddy was more than happy to provide me with an 8x10 picture of the ball going thru Buckner's legs in the '86 World Series.

This room now is painted white, has a lady-bug border, and is complemented with lady-bug curtains, bedding, and assorted accessories. My shrine has been moved to cardboard boxes in the garage for now, until I can find some time to furnish the basement and start over.
    First let me say I would LOVE to see that room, a man after my own heart (at least two parts of it )

Second, divorce the Red Sux biatch........how could you marry a Red Sux fan, dude, if that aint sleepin with the enemy I dont know what is. She a Radier fan too???? Really, dude, Im just messin with ya, dont take it personal

Congrats on the new baby, I think you should keep the room as is (minus the Red Sux stuff). Again, good luck and congrats!!!!!

Comment

Shannon Sharpe rookie cards

Didn't mean anything by what I said. I have talked with other people (not here) that was under the impression that there was more than one. If you would like to trade one of them I would like to get one for my best friend.
      Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
        Hey meck, can you email the picture, I would love to see it in better detail. And if you dont mind saying, (and if you do I understand) how much is that costing you? And one more question, if I'm ever in the area, can I stop by to see it?
        '
        Check your pms. It has 10 hours of labor into now with atleast another 7 to go. I'll post a pic of the final product soon. If you are in town you are welcom to check it out and join our tailgate.
        REVITALIZE MILE HIGH!!!
        MILE HIGH MAGIC LIVES!!!
        GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
          First let me say I would LOVE to see that room, a man after my own heart (at least two parts of it )

Second, divorce the Red Sux biatch........how could you marry a Red Sux fan, dude, if that aint sleepin with the enemy I dont know what is. She a Radier fan too???? Really, dude, Im just messin with ya, dont take it personal

Congrats on the new baby, I think you should keep the room as is (minus the Red Sux stuff). Again, good luck and congrats!!!!!
          Well, I guess I know where to go if I ever do divorce her. Unfortunately, she's not that lucky. She's stuck listening to me randomly yell "Aaron Boone!!!!!" for the next 9 months until another Yankee hero replaces Boone as the next red Sux killer.

Comment

Can't believe I neglected to mention one other item that any Bronco fan would appreciate....my SuperBowl 32 Russian nesting dolls. I bought them from a dealer in Georgia. The main one is Elway then Davis then Atwater then Sharpe then Craver.
            Congrats on the baby...future Bronco QB? or at least die hard fan.

Comment

Originally posted by indianaBRONCO
              Congrats on the baby...future Bronco QB? or at least die hard fan.
              Where money is involved, I hope he's a QB. That way I can retire and move to someplace warm. But if I had my way, he'll be a free safety for the Broncos and pound the next Christian Okoye back to the stone age (ie- Atwater). Hopefully the Broncos draft him, (Admin, do you have any pull within the organization?) so I can root for him & my team at the same time. Damn, what if the Raiders draft him? I guess I'll have to hope he makes 56 tackles for his team in their 56-3 loss.

Comment

Man ya just can't think that way. If "he" is the next Atwater any team that looked at him would realize orange and blue ran through his veins and would leave him for the Broncos.

Comment

Well I'm still working on my bronco room. I was going to do the computer room/guest room all up in Bronco stuff, but then my sister "had" to go and get me a 16x20 framed autographed Portis Picture! So that became the centerpiece of my living room. I've got blue curtains up in there, have an 8x10 autographed/framed Lelie picture, I need to go get a few more frames--I have an autographed TD poster that someone sent me, an autographed Eddie mac 8x10, I still need to go pick up my Clinton Portis cardboard cutout from my friend's house.

Next month we're going to redo the walls in there. I have this little alcove by the furnace room that is not good for anything but storage, so my mother is going to help me make a big orange & blue curtain to rope that area off when she's in town next month. Also getting some plywood & orange & blue material to re-"panel" the wall. On each of those panels, I'll be putting up pictures I've taken from games/tailgates/etc. If we owned the house, I'd redo the carpeting, but I don't, so I won't. Although, I'm pretty sure that the owner of the house wouldn't mind so much!

And so you know, my nephew is going to be the next QB! He's only 2.5, but he's already got an arm & can throw accurately & hard from across the room. He already knows all of the "common" rules of the game & knows enough to say he wants to play for the "donkeys" when he gets old (my bro-in-law is a graduate of CSM--the Donkeys--so it's not that he means that in a derrogatory way). Kid should be 6.5-7ft tall, it's crazy.

Comment

Working...
                  X