Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia

This season was the first time after 12 years that I got a chance to watch Denver again. I was exchange student in Colorado and "fell in love" with the Broncos but until I bought satellite (enourmous one) I wasn't able to do so.

I remember watching Elway and the guys 12 years ago, and I also remember that we were bad losers at the time (0-4 superbowl) but the feeling that I had then and that I am having now, watching Jake and Denver,is the same....presence of "greatness".

I watched the game on sunday - what can I say.......only good thing about it is that now it won't happen for another 15-20 years (10-55 SF).

Heads up!
    ....and you'll never walk alone....

Hello and welcome

Comment

Wow, I guess you get the award for farthest reaching bronco fan!! Glad to have you in the family
      weda

Comment

Actually, I am not the only Denver fan in Serbia. They started to broadcast, trough local tv, NFL three years ago and the sport is very popular in here. They even started amateur league. So most of the people have their favorite teams and they are very passionate about it.

And the thrash talk between us and Raiders , KC fans spontaneously started, of course.

Comment

Well nice to meet you!

It does seem as though Bronco fans are as far flung as Man United fans!
          I love Clinton, and I don't mean Bill.

Comment

Man.....Who?
            Last edited by Goxxx; 01-09-2004, 04:12 PM.

Comment

HIya and welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Goxxx
                Man.....Who?
                Yeh, well can't say I'm a fan...but it always amuses me to get in a cab in outer mongolia and find the driver has a Man U banner hanging from the dashboard.
                I love Clinton, and I don't mean Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoolah
                  Yeh, well can't say I'm a fan...but it always amuses me to get in a cab in outer mongolia and find the driver has a Man U banner hanging from the dashboard.
                  True, but it is just investing money in good marketing and covering wide range of countries. If you get into the cab again you will probably see Real Madrid banner now, since they are investing most. Be sure it is paying off. And it only takes a soccer ball and two wooden sticks for any kid to be closer to their "soccer gods".

NFL is trying also, they are broadcasting now NFL trough local channel, lot of people rooting and buying memorabilia and also playing around parks with no protective gear. Well..until first one dies.

They started amateur league but unlike soccer it takes a lot of money to play football properly.
                  Last edited by Goxxx; 01-12-2004, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Re: Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia

Originally posted by Goxxx
                    This season was the first time after 12 years that I got a chance to watch Denver again. I was exchange student in Colorado and "fell in love" with the Broncos but until I bought satellite (enourmous one) I wasn't able to do so.

I remember watching Elway and the guys 12 years ago, and I also remember that we were bad losers at the time (0-4 superbowl) but the feeling that I had then and that I am having now, watching Jake and Denver,is the same....presence of "greatness".

I watched the game on sunday - what can I say.......only good thing about it is that now it won't happen for another 15-20 years (10-55 SF).

Heads up!
                    Proud to have you with all of us.
                    ~RSth Lncus [email protected] mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X