What's your formula?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your formula?

What alot of the young Denver players need...
    Is some one to fire them up to the next level. I saw alot of potential this year and I'm hoping the fire will be turned up a notch or two. My formula...

Work on a back up QB...Flutie?

A playmaking TE (Shockey type...draft Troup)

CB and Safety from free agency to give the D some savy.

Draft a D lineman and a Free agent D lineman

Special teams coach!!

And a new D line coach (proven) to get pressure and sacks...= ints!!!

Not to expensive really???

What's yours?

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Flutie, I am surprised he isnt playing for the Raiders, how old is he 40 something. Your right though we need to get a solid back-up QB. I dont think we need a TE, we got Hape, Putzier, Carswell and we arent even sure is Sharpe will retire or not. YES!! we need to get a CB and FS, I know we dont have very much cap room but it would be nice to get maybe Champ Baily or Charles Woodson. I also agree that we should draft a new D-lineman, I think we might have to release one this off-season to make some cap room. I dont really think we need a new ST coach but rather a new ST player. We need a fast WR someone who dosent fumble alot (Deltha O'Neal.) The whole D-line coach I dont know whats going on there. LOL.

Comment

It's a formula?

Flutie =mobility and playmaking and zero cap money.

Defensive line coach to get the sack level back and pressure on the QB. No Int's isn't just the DB's fault.

Special Teams because of where the opposing team's field position is consistantly close to mid-field.

Would be nice to have a playmaking TE to help out the WR's...I believe Sharp will retire.

And coaches do not affect the cap but can improve the play of potential stars which I think are there already

I do hope Sharpe stays

I agree Baily or Woodson would be great!
      This is the NFL!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

If we want the secondary to rock solid, Mcneil needs to play free safety, Walls and Oneal start at corner kennedy at strong safety while Herndon plays the nickel. You are probably wondering why Oneal starts, well, i assume he learned his lesson and already has the most talent anyway. He is an even BIGGER INT threat with LESS risk of getting burned. I dont know why people seem to think players cant get better with the right training method.

Hayward becomes a starter with Berry on the outside, Pryce and Gardener in the middle, getting CONSTANT pressure as you know.

Wilson, Gold, and Sykes become our LB core(Mobley retires). Gold leads the team in tackles and wilson still takes the team out every thursday.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Uggggg.........I dont know how affordable this is gonna be but we need several players in key positions..........

What would be real helpful is if some of the guys we already have would step up in a big way next season, guys like Sam Brandon, Ashley Lelie, and Deltha O'Neal.

We Damn sure need a capable back up QB........Beuerlein is an old fossil that needs to retire..........he just plain sucks!

We could use an impact defensive lineman........Berry and Hayward both had a good season but we ended up with 4 sacks LESS than last season.

I would be willing to give Herndon and Walls some time to develop.........both were pretty much rookies this season but they need to step it up a notch this next season and produce some turnovers........as do the Linebackers. That could be the difference between 10-6 and 12-4.

I wanna see what Jeb Putzier can do............he CANNOT do any worse than old stone hands Carswell. He may not be as good a blocker but I know damn well he has better hands.

BTW Lava...........are you the same guy that we used to punt in the old Bronco Chat Room¿¿¿¿

Comment

Originally posted by Doc®
            BTW Lava...........are you the same guy that we used to punt in the old Bronco Chat Room¿¿¿¿
            LOL yeah its me, i didnt know what punting was back then i just kept getting booted off. why did yall do that to me? i found a new home here anyway so tell them all that im till around.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc®
              Uggggg.........I dont know how affordable this is gonna be but we need several players in key positions..........

What would be real helpful is if some of the guys we already have would step up in a big way next season, guys like Sam Brandon, Ashley Lelie, and Deltha O'Neal.

We Damn sure need a capable back up QB........Beuerlein is an old fossil that needs to retire..........he just plain sucks!

We could use an impact defensive lineman........Berry and Hayward both had a good season but we ended up with 4 sacks LESS than last season.

I would be willing to give Herndon and Walls some time to develop.........both were pretty much rookies this season but they need to step it up a notch this next season and produce some turnovers........as do the Linebackers. That could be the difference between 10-6 and 12-4.

I wanna see what Jeb Putzier can do............he CANNOT do any worse than old stone hands Carswell. He may not be as good a blocker but I know damn well he has better hands.
              i like all this. I think the lack of sack was due to the rotation. Hayward, Berry, and Pryce combined for about 30 of the 36 sacks this year. Why rotate when we know EXACTLY who our pass rushers are. I think Shanny has to ease up on the rotating D-lineman and let Pryce Berry Hayward and Gardener take most of the snaps. They can be a very dangerous group with ALL having a good chance on breaking through the line EVERY PLAY! I'm getting excited just thinking about it. Jeb can step in and replace sharpe pass catching and carswell always was the best blocker. Oneal needs to apply the lessons he learned from being a WR when Shanny reveals he was bluffing and sends him back to defense . #47 Mcneil can play free safety to get more turnovers

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                LOL yeah its me, i didnt know what punting was back then i just kept getting booted off. why did yall do that to me? i found a new home here anyway so tell them all that im till around.
                LMFAO Dude............I thought you sounded a bit familiar.

I think you mostly got caught in the crossfire, back when we used to do battle with those ****head Raider fans like Raider Ross, Blackie and a few others........it was nothing personal though.

Comment

Everyone seems satisfied

Another year and the young defensive talent rocks? I'm okay with that. It helps on the cap, specially if it takes us to playoff level chemistry...which is a possibility by keeping the team together another year.

What about a back up QB? ... And Special Teams?

Jake missing games can't be like this year was and I want a few more punts taken to the house for sure.
                  This is the NFL!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: What's your formula?

Originally posted by JED Bronco
                    What alot of the young Denver players need...
                    Is some one to fire them up to the next level. I saw alot of potential this year and I'm hoping the fire will be turned up a notch or two. My formula...

Work on a back up QB...Flutie?

A playmaking TE (Shockey type...draft Troup)

CB and Safety from free agency to give the D some savy.

Draft a D lineman and a Free agent D lineman

Special teams coach!!

And a new D line coach (proven) to get pressure and sacks...= ints!!!

Not to expensive really???

What's yours?

Ferguson was just signed to a four year contract so he is our safety for the future, and I think Shanny is happy with Kenoy. If we get secondary help it will be at corner.
                    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Well...I still have pictures of #42 getting burned to a crisp in my head...our secondary need some [email protected]#$#$!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                        Well...I still have pictures of #42 getting burned to a crisp in my head...our secondary need some [email protected]#$#$!
                        That was sam brandon. And he only played after ferguson broke his arm after holland fell on him (that would break my head!!). I thought Ferguson played really well and I liked him, and apparently so did Shanny. They would not have signed him to four years so early if they didn't plan on him being a starter. Unless the feel the need to upgrade over Kenoy Kennedy they won't be getting a big name safety through the draft or free agency.
                        Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

You are probably wondering why Oneal starts, well, i assume he learned his lesson and already has the most talent anyway. He is an even BIGGER INT threat with LESS risk of getting burned. I dont know why people seem to think players cant get better with the right training method.
                          Lava, Lava, Lava... You're forgetting that Shanahan has stated that O'Neal will NOT be on defense in Denver. He burned his last chance at CB when he got burned against the Pats (I believe.) If he wants to stay in Denver he'd best learn to be a good WR otherwise he's gettin' traded.

Comment

Oneal needs to apply the lessons he learned from being a WR when Shanny reveals he was bluffing and sends him back to defense .
                            i think it will work. herndon gets burned on long routes cause he isnt very fast. so we play him at nickel. oneal is the biggest turnover threat on the team, and we do need turnovers! Its happened before as a method of getting a player to appreciate and take nothing for granted. I'm just wishful thinking though cause we would need him to save money from another busted free agent CB signing. Eating up our precious money when Oneal is right there in front of us. He hasnt been getting SCORCHED in defense any more than walls or herndon this year, he's been in good position almost every time, he just has trouble judging the ball in the air. Maybe thsi is shanahan's way of teaching him.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                            X