incredible safety's in the '04 draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incredible safety's in the '04 draft?

ok, ok, go ahead and nail me to the stake but i admit it. i rarely pay attention to college footbal. in fact, the only games i do catch are bowl games mostly. "guilty!" thats why im asking you guys.... is there any really outstanding safety's coming out of college to play in the nfl this year? who, what school? i'd like to go read up about them.
    mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

Safetys..........

Finally! Someone else who is interested in safetys, I thought I was the only one! Youre right, there is a lot of big names in this years draft. For starters, I have been hyping up Stuart Schweigert 6'2" 210 from Purdue. He's very, very fast and he is aggressive. I have been hyping him up all year because this guy is a stud at Safety and a Big time hitter. He also has pretty good hands to go with all of that. Also we can't forget about Sean Taylor 6'3" 220 from Miami (Fla). As you can tell this guy is not only big, but he is an intimidating hitter in the mold of the one and only, Steve Atwater. This guy is also Big time and can easily change an opposing teams gameplan. He also has a knack for the ball when it is in the air. In my opinion, (which probably isn't much) these two guys are probably the "cream of the crop" in safetys in an excellent class. Other potential "gamebreakers" in this class are Jamaal Brimmer 6'1" 210 from UNLV who also is a Big hitter and has a good nose for the ball. He plays in a conference where teams like to throw the ball, so he has a lot of experience defending the pass, but he is also very good against the run. I would have probably put him in with Schweigert and Taylor, but he has not really went up against top competition like they have. He could be great. Also, we have Brandon Everage 6' 190 from Oklahoma, Matt Ware from UCLA and Dexter Reid from North Carolina who are also pretty good. There are several others that also have a lot of potential, but these guys are definately top 10 Safety material. Hope this helps, plus it gives me a chance to ramble on.

THE VANDAL..............................

Comment

So assuming we get one of those safetys that vandal mentioned... would our safties be Kennoy and a Draft Pick?

As far as i know, we have Brandon and Kennoy, who would get the boot?
      Remember kids, being a grammar Nazi makes you cool!

Comment

It would be a tough decision, but I think that it would probably be Sam Brandon. Not to crazy about that one, but someone would have to go and Kenoy has proven himself more than Sam. I wouldn't want to make that decision. Sam is a very good athlete!

THE VANDAL..................................

Comment

i's like to see someone back there to compliment Kennedy. Vandal mentioned Sean Taylor complimenting the king of all king's, Steve Atwater. anyone who is even mentioned in the same senttence is someone i wouldnt mind having. man, just the name Steve Atwater is intimidating... damn i miss that guy!
          mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

Comment

You guys seem to forget about Ferguson who was just signed to a four year contract. With Kenoy and ferguson both signed for the long term, we won't be getting a big name safety. Probably a corner if one at all.
            Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
              You guys seem to forget about Ferguson who was just signed to a four year contract. With Kenoy and ferguson both signed for the long term, we won't be getting a big name safety. Probably a corner if one at all.
              Rascal: If we draft Sean Taylor, I'm going to order you lunch.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                Rascal: If we draft Sean Taylor, I'm going to order you lunch.
                well you can go ahead and spend that money somewhere else because he won't go past #15.

You too Cutler.

Comment

well you can go ahead and spend that money somewhere else because he won't go past #15.
                  Well..we can always trade up!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                  2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

when did we sign kennoy long term? if we didnt hes a FA after next year....r safeties right now under contract r kennedy, ferguson, brandon n ron irasel who they just signed 2 a future contract....

they def. need 2 sign a corner n prolly draft 1 to....we have walls, herndon n middlebrooks (who never plays corner) signed thats it spencer, mcneil n scott turner r FA's.....

Comment

I thought they signed him two years ago for 5 years. I could be wrong.

You too Cutler.

Comment

I agree, we do have some capable safetys right now, but the idea of having Taylor or Schweigert? Either one of these guys are gamebreakers/dominators. It would do us good to have one of these guys on the defense. We need someone who can change the style of offense that they run against us because of these guys, like they did when they faced Atwater. Teams would have to scramble to come up with another gameplan when they played us.

THE VANDAL.....................

Comment

Probably a corner if one at all.
                          Cornerback is where we need help. Lenny Walls isn't getting the job done at this point, and Herndon is only slightly better in my book.
                          Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

well im all for this Taylor guy then. i think Lenny walls will improve with more and more practice and coaching. he's got all the right features, just needs to improve to the level he's capable of.
                            id like to see another big time hitter (as you all say taylor is)on our team to not only disrupt offenses because of his presence but someone like that comes with a lot of emotion too. Atwater was the heart of that defense and it hasnt been filled since he left.

Comment

i just found http://www.draftinsiders.com/7.html after searching the web for some more information about upcoming draft picks. this Sean Taylor, according to the guys on that website seems to be pretty incredible. they're saying he'll go in the top 5 picks overall. i couldnt find any stats or anything though, do any of you know where i might find more information on college players ready for draft and perhaps details about them?

Comment

Working...
                              X