Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the heck was Broncos' linebacker Al Wilson thinking as he stood over Colts' rece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck was Broncos' linebacker Al Wilson thinking as he stood over Colts' rece

What the heck was Broncos' linebacker Al Wilson thinking as he stood over Colts' receiver Marvin Harrison and argued with two teammates about who had been responsible for covering Harrison in Denver's secondary in the first half of a wild-card playoff game? (Harrison, who had caught Peyton Manning's pass and fallen to the turf, wasn't touched by a Bronco defender, so he stood up and ran to the end zone for a touchdown.)
    "I absolutely know I forgot to TiVo 'The Simpsons' tonight. Damn!"
    12.90%
    "Actually, we were arguing about which of us wouldn't be back next year because of this stupidity."
    0.00%
    "Thank God Marvin finally got up and left. It was getting awkward talking about him when he was in earshot like that."
    19.35%
    "Hey, we play the Raiders twice a year over there in the AFC West. It's easy to forget that not every team is that dumb."
    19.35%
    "If you'll be my cornerback, I will be your long lost pal. I will blow the coverage; and buddy when I blow it, you can call ... me ... Al."
    16.13%
    "It might have looked like we were arguing, but actually we were just making fun of Peyton Manning's playoff career. Force of habit."
    32.26%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by ozzy_osbourne; 01-08-2004, 10:11 AM.
    Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

I would say he was thinking about buying him one of those nice fancy toy belts for himself!
    [QUOTE]
    If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

I thought I heard them saying "Is that how he (Harrison) gets his catchs?"

Just a friendly little poke at Keyshawn for all of you who remember that game.
      James Tiberius Kirk: "Spock, the women on your planet are logical. No other planet in the galaxy can make that claim."

Comment

"OK Lenny you be the bottle cap, Kenoy you're the piece of glass, I'm this stick...now when they snap the ball..."
        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

I do belive that it was: "Thank God Marvin finally got up and left. It was getting awkward talking about him when he was in earshot like that."
          Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Actually, if you watch NFL Total Access, you can hear Wilson saying "Great news ... I just saved 15 percent on my auto insurance premium."
            Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Originally posted by ReasonableChief
              Actually, if you watch NFL Total Access, you can hear Wilson saying "Great news ... I just saved 15 percent on my auto insurance premium."
              AFFLACK!!!
              Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Al wilson said he called a check before the play. Not every player got the check so they were in blown coverage and Wilson said he was frustrated from that and just didnt think about tagging Harrison down. he took full responsibility
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Actually, when Brett Farve saw the replay, he said, "I would have touched him when he was down. But that's just me."
                  Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Originally posted by ReasonableChief
                    Actually, when Brett Farve saw the replay, he said, "I would have touched him when he was down. But that's just me."
                    LOL
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

First off, Al should've downed him, just for being there, period. And being the leader he is, Al did take responsibility for that. But the question should be, why was Marvin Harrison left open. The answer I propose is that the Broncos were playing a soft cover 2 defense, dropping in zone most of the time. The responsibility then lies on the secondary to make the plays when a receiver is past the linebackers zone. Kennedy or Brandon should have covered and downed Harrison. Coyer should be humiliated with the scheme he devised and the game he called.
                      "I don't like to make anyone feel left out, so I adopted all of our cheerleaders!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by al_wilson_fan
                        First off, Al should've downed him, just for being there, period. And being the leader he is, Al did take responsibility for that. But the question should be, why was Marvin Harrison left open. The answer I propose is that the Broncos were playing a soft cover 2 defense, dropping in zone most of the time. The responsibility then lies on the secondary to make the plays when a receiver is past the linebackers zone. Kennedy or Brandon should have covered and downed Harrison. Coyer should be humiliated with the scheme he devised and the game he called.
                        thats right cause al wilson isnt fit to play way back there anyway. what the hell kind of defensive calls were those. it was a SUPER soft cover 2 with no bump? that left just about ANY route open. they should have never had al wilson playing back that far and the safeties back there with no help, we were burned every play it seemed like.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Lava - so true, we had no bump at all. It looked way to similar to a prevent defense that teams play at the end of the game to avoid the big play. Why the hell would a coach devise a gameplan that allows a mentally advanced QB like Manning to have no pressure and holes to through in. Almost every pass was a high percentage attempt, a coachs dream. Again, my mantra will be, Coyer should be ashamed.
                          "I don't like to make anyone feel left out, so I adopted all of our cheerleaders!!!"

Comment

Al Wilson as good as everyone thinks?

I was just looking over Al Wilson career stat sheet, and compared to other top notch linebackers in the league, he is really just agverage. I posted on the poll i would like to see denver sign him first, but after thinking about it and looking at his stats, i have changed my mind, i think Ian Gold should be the top consideration. Sorry to say i think Wilson is over hyped. Good yes, one of the top in the league? not even close.

Comment

Re: Al Wilson as good as everyone thinks?

Originally posted by halfback
                              I was just looking over Al Wilson career stat sheet, and compared to other top notch linebackers in the league, he is really just agverage. I posted on the poll i would like to see denver sign him first, but after thinking about it and looking at his stats, i have changed my mind, i think Ian Gold should be the top consideration. Sorry to say i think Wilson is over hyped. Good yes, one of the top in the league? not even close.
                              I think Wilson is one of the best run stopper and best leaders, but as far as pass coverage, he is average. I liked Ian Gold's speed and turnover ability in the passing game. I am not suprised al wilson's tackling totals are down since he played 20 yards away from the line of scrimmage. I dont like zones at all our zone is just to damn loose, players are always open. i LOVE when we play man cause we're good at it.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X