Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the heck was Broncos' linebacker Al Wilson thinking as he stood over Colts' rece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im sure it's mostly stats, and some others (leadership, roles, etc)
    Remember kids, being a grammar Nazi makes you cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
      thats right cause al wilson isnt fit to play way back there anyway. what the hell kind of defensive calls were those. it was a SUPER soft cover 2 with no bump? that left just about ANY route open. they should have never had al wilson playing back that far and the safeties back there with no help, we were burned every play it seemed like.
      I don't have any reference, but the D-line seemed to get more pressure on Manning in the first game. Coyer probably went into the second game under the assumption that the front four could pressure Manning and the defense could use a cover 2 to take away the deep stuff while punishing any receiver who caught the underneath stuff. That's my crude theory, albeit it's probably way off base.
      sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
        Mike Maslowski!
        who?
        mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by al_wilson_fan
          Coyer should be humiliated with the scheme he devised and the game he called.
          this is my question: for those of you who are able to analyze what is going wrong with the pass defense, was it the scheme or the players? it seems to me that good players make any scheme work, but i don't really know. what i do know is that something in our pass D is broke.
          sigpic
          go broncos
          share the sidewalk
          liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
            this is my question: for those of you who are able to analyze what is going wrong with the pass defense, was it the scheme or the players? it seems to me that good players make any scheme work, but i don't really know. what i do know is that something in our pass D is broke.
            Its true good players make any scheme work, but we dont have any good coverage safeties. In cover 2, CB's are supposed to jam the WR at the line as long as he can and let the defensive line collapse on the QB before the QB's routes can develop. Well, we didnt jam the WR, we didnt get any pressure, and Kenoy Kennedy and Brandon are no where near able to cover ANYBODY by themselves, let alone marvin Harrison and co.

Overall, during the season, we have been playing man to man. which suits our CB best cause Walls is so tall its hard to get a pass by him, and Herndon is very good at shadowing a WR and making quick reactions to a WR's cuts. In zone, we just fall apart, the whole field is loose and it seems like every pass is uncontested, i dont know why we even call it. thats what gets on my nerves.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

In cover 2, CB's are supposed to jam the WR at the line as long as he can and let the defensive line collapse on the QB before the QB's routes can develop.
              how'd you know that about cover 2? experience (i played on my JV team in 8th and 9th grade, i was a 120 pound middle linebacker/offensive guard LOL, but we never learned all that i'm afraid)? or is there a web page or something that lists the defenses and explains how they are supposed to work? i'd like to learn more about them.
              sigpic
              go broncos
              share the sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                how'd you know that about cover 2? experience (i played on my JV team in 8th and 9th grade, i was a 120 pound middle linebacker/offensive guard LOL, but we never learned all that i'm afraid)? or is there a web page or something that lists the defenses and explains how they are supposed to work? i'd like to learn more about them.
                well i play a lot of madden football and i kinda picked up on it.
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

haha, well i got 04 for christmas so i guess i'll learn it too eventually lol.
                  sigpic
                  go broncos
                  share the sidewalk

Comment

I think the conversation between all of the Broncos in the area went something like this:

"What time did you get to tee off tomorrow?"
                    "Me?! You were supposed to make the tee time!"
                    "Hey, did any of you guys make a tee time?"
                    "Somebody should make one 'cause if that's how we're gonna cover these receivers today, we might as well get ready for golf!"
                    "You know any good courses around here Marvin? ..... Marvin?"

That being said, Al Wilson is the man! I'm glad he accepted responsibility, but that's the type of player and man he is. It wasn't his responsibility alone, but he stepped up. We HAVE to resign this guy!
                    "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

What was AL thinking, "I'm not gonna touch, lets get Mikey to touch him.... he'll touch anything."

Or.... "ooooh Marvin has the cooties!!!!"

I don't know why Coyer tried changing what was working from the first matchup. No bump, no jam, and soft zones. We barely changed the way we lined up and really didn't bother to disguise our coverages.

Hopefully it is a lesson that Coyer has learned.
                      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Remember last year....Monday night....Raiders....

Frickin DEJAVU!!!!
                        I thought we got rid of that coordinator?
                        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Great thread OZZY u da man

i dont know what the **** he said, but it was shameful

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                            I would say he was thinking about buying him one of those nice fancy toy belts for himself!
                            LMAO . But serously after they noticed he got up and ran AL turned to them and said "Its ok I had Subway"

Comment

You can learn alot from Madden.

Comment

Al: Hey Lenny, did you hear the on about the skeleton who walked in to the bar?

Lenny: No, what happened?

Al: He ordered a beer and a mop!!

Lenny: hahaha, that's pretty funny!! hey, where did Marvin go??

Comment

Working...
                                X