Commitment to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    I am glad they didnt erupt and get angry at each other after their first blunder. That meant that they really do play for each other. I know they were sad about it, but it was nice they didnt break down, but accepted it and immediately concentrated on moving forward. i feel like that loss hurts now, but in the long run, it will help cause that young team now knows that a higher level of focus is needed to succeed in the playoffs.
    I agree, it reminds of the Jacksonville loss, the next year the team didn't make the same mistake and won the superbowl. Not trying to look for a silver lining, but this loss was probably a good lesson for an inexperienced playoff team.

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
      Pathetic.

Let me ask you a rhetorical question:
      You say that you had to fight back the tears because the Broncos lost, right? And you say that to point out that YOU apparently care more about their jobs than they do, right?

Well, riddle me this:
      When was the last time you fought back tears because you didn't have complete success at YOUR job??

Those guys are there at practice every day. They work their asses off, and many of them do it when it's not even the season.

Is it rewarding enough to merit them doing that?
      Sure, they get P-A-I-D. I get that.
      But they do this because it's fun, and it's the best way they know to provide for themselves and their families. It's a job.

But don't question their loyalties to THEIR jobs until you have that much loyalty to yours.
      Last time I cried because I got told I didnt have complete success at my job was last Friday. I would say tears is stretching it a tad but when my boss sat me down and told me my personal (family problems, 15 yr old daughter, need I say more) were interferring w/ my work and that my working a second job was also, I was about in tears. NEVER in my life have I been told anything other than I am a hard worker and that I am doing a GREAT job. It is the one thing in my life I take EXTEREME pride in, my work ethic. Every job I have ever had, paid or not, nasty or not (see worse job ever thread) I have given 110% to. Now granted I dont show up EVERY day with that same attitude, but still, I always give my best. And I dont expect them to every time, BUT on GAME day they should always show up, always. I just cant comprehend what happened on the field last week. I really can't. It's games like that, that make you say hmmmmm, whats really going on here? But that is the paranoia talking, I'm sure

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
        Last time I cried because I got told I didnt have complete success at my job was last Friday. I would say tears is stretching it a tad but when my boss sat me down and told me my personal (family problems, 15 yr old daughter, need I say more) were interferring w/ my work and that my working a second job was also, I was about in tears. NEVER in my life have I been told anything other than I am a hard worker and that I am doing a GREAT job. It is the one thing in my life I take EXTEREME pride in, my work ethic. Every job I have ever had, paid or not, nasty or not (see worse job ever thread) I have given 110% to. Now granted I dont show up EVERY day with that same attitude, but still, I always give my best. And I dont expect them to every time, BUT on GAME day they should always show up, always. I just cant comprehend what happened on the field last week. I really can't. It's games like that, that make you say hmmmmm, whats really going on here? But that is the paranoia talking, I'm sure
        you have a 15 year old daughter?
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

LAVA Has a 15 year old daughter?!?!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
            LOL
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

LOL
              Ok...I'm pulling down the avatar =) It was fun while it lasted!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

yeah i was 4 when she was born. A true playa.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

yup, started young, and let me tell you it DOES come back at you tenfold, so parents beware!!!!! Whatever you did as a teenager, well let's just say be prepared

Comment

yup, started young, and let me tell you it DOES come back at you tenfold, so parents beware!!!!! Whatever you did as a teenager, well let's just say be prepared
                    thats coo. All this time i was talking with my future mother in law. LOL, playin

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

thats coo. All this time i was talking with my future mother in law. LOL, playin
                      Hehe, well she is beautiful, and Im not being biased really......and that happens to be one of my big problems

Comment

No... No... you are mistaken. His GF is 15. His daughter is only 3.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                        ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Hehe, well she is beautiful, and Im not being biased really......and that happens to be one of my big problems
                          My daughter is 8 and GORGEOUS!!! I'm scared $hitless. I trained her from the time she could talk to understand that she was only allowed to date once she hit 16 and had to be chaperoned (sp?) by ME!!! Figured I would throw the "Yes <insert dates name here>, I was a Marine for 13 years, but I only have 4 confirmed kills..." statement out there and hope for the best.

Now that she lives full time with her mother, I'm screwed

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                          ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
                            My daughter is 8 and GORGEOUS!!! I'm scared $hitless. I trained her from the time she could talk to understand that she was only allowed to date once she hit 16 and had to be chaperoned (sp?) by ME!!! Figured I would throw the "Yes <insert dates name here>, I was a Marine for 13 years, but I only have 4 confirmed kills..." statement out there and hope for the best.

Now that she lives full time with her mother, I'm screwed

Nuff said...
                            There is only one factor as to a teenage girl that controld her outcome, and its not who her parents are or where she lives, its hormones. LOL, but seriously, having a scary dad probably kept me from getting into even more trouble, though getting pregnant at 16 helped that too, and having a scary dad didnt keep me from getting pregnant too young. So its six of one 1/2 dozen of the other.

I hope and pray my daughter learns from my mistakes, as my mom hoped with me.

There is no true answer, just shower her with your love and affection, teach her values and morals and it will all turn out in the end

Oh yeah, make sure she grows up a Broncos fan too, but Im sure youre already taking care of that.

Comment

Working...
                            X