Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did someone say something about Portis leaving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did someone say something about Portis leaving?

im not at all trying to start a horrible rumor, but if im not mistaken, i kind of remember someone on here saying something about Portis hiring a new agent and making a comment like, "he wants to be the highest paid player on the team." do any of you know if that was false or is there any truth to that? just curious, thanks!
    mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

I think that Portis is good where he is. Asking for more and more money, I do not agree with, but I figured he'd be a franchise man and start and end his career with the Broncos. He is an exceptional back, even though I hate the guy when we gotta play against 'im!

Comment

Re: did someone say something about Portis leaving?

Originally posted by GoDenver
      im not at all trying to start a horrible rumor, but if im not mistaken, i kind of remember someone on here saying something about Portis hiring a new agent and making a comment like, "he wants to be the highest paid player on the team." do any of you know if that was false or is there any truth to that? just curious, thanks!
      it was me who said it. I read somewhere that portis asked for a bigger contract last year (as we know) and shanahan turned him down (as we know) then portis fired his agent from last year and hired a new agent and told him he better get him a contract worthy of a player coming off 2 straight 1,500+ yards seasons.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

what a bastard! all too often does money become the objective of these high class individuals. i understand the buisness part of an nfl team and i understand healthy paychecks for phenominal athletes but isnt anybody proud of wearing their team colors anymore?
        am i mistaken, or was Clinton Portis on the sidelines the night Quentin Griffin ran all over indy? a little 5'7", 170 lb. running back ran all over what might be the afc champions. if Portis does start the money game and lose sight of being proud of who he is, someone oughtta take him over to Olandis Gary's house so they can chat. Gary looked great in Denver too, whats he doing now?
        i love watching you play Portis and i would like nothing more than to see you as our franchise player but that offensive line has made EVERY SINGLE back we got look good. stick around man, agent this and contract that but doesnt wearing that blue and orange number 26 feel great?
        mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

Comment

Nobody...not even Clinton Portis is more important than the overall health of the team. Sure, I want to keep him...but not at the expense of decimating the team to fit him in under the cap.
          Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

The team usually takes care of it's own. TD was well compensated when he played for us. Portis has 2 years left on his original, the sides should come up with somoe kind of incread and extension that should be cap friendly, especially if they build in tiered bonuses.

It is a shame that it has to happen, but I am sure Clinton wants his money now. Who knows how long his career in the NFL will last. He could get injured next year and not ever get his payday.
            Sad state of affairs, but it happens.
            The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

its ok he pulled this **** last year & shanny kept him in check .

all will be fine, i wont worry about Portis

Comment

I don't think we should give him too much, really if he left, the Bronco's will still be able to find a 1500 yard rusher with relative ease.

Comment

Do I smell a pre-training camp hold-out coming??

Comment

Re: did someone say something about Portis leaving?

Originally posted by GoDenver
                    he's going to be the highest paid whether Lava likes it or not!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Re: Re: did someone say something about Portis leaving?

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                      he's going to be the highest paid whether Lava likes it or not!
                      LOL forget him if he acts like that. Wont be hard for us to find a replacement.
                      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: did someone say something about Portis leaving?

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                        LOL forget him if he acts like that. Wont be hard for us to find a replacement.
                        Well....maybe that griffin thing made him sweat but man....don't do a Bobby Humphery again (if you even know who that is Lava-kido).

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I just hate holdouts and contract squabbling.

You sign a contract and you honor it, even if your performance might warrant more. A lot of times, players don't hold up their end of the bargain in terms of performance, but the team still has to pay them (Darryl Gardner comes to mind unless the Broncos are able to recoup some of the costs). I've yet to see a player go in and demand a pay cut.

But on the other hand, if Portis were to suffer a career-ending injury while playing for relative peanuts, he would have missed his chance to make his fortune.

Priest didn't hold out this year, attending training camp and all, but said he wasn't going to play until a new deal was done. A deal was done, but with a lot of uncertainty about how his hip would hold up. It's worked out fairly for both sides as Priest had a good year, but if his hip had been reinjured, or he'd never regained most of his old form, it would have meant a serious cap hit for the team.
                          Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

I dont know who that is, but why should we shell out millions of what we dont have right now for that arrogant Portis when we can easily stick anybody behind the line and get 1,500+ for much cheaper

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Denver is in a better position than most teams would be in this situation. Anderson and Griffin, I think, would give them more options than other teams who don't have the quality backups. Not to mention the unheralded back the Broncos might take in Round 6 this year.

Portis, though, could be one of those rare talents, and he's only 22 or 23.
                              Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Working...
                              X