Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did someone say something about Portis leaving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by halfback
    I wasnt saying Griffin was terrible, he is a decent back and a very good "back up" back. But plz dont kid yourself into thinking he is in portis's league cuz hes not, sure he would get a 1000 yards if he started a whole season, but it wouldnt be consistant 1500 yard seasons with the ave.
    Your right, griffin is a great back up, and he isn't in portis's league only because I beleive he couldn't keep his stats throughout the whole year. Griffin is just as good as portis, but i beleive he wouldn't be able to hold a set of stats like that only because of his size.
    Remember kids, being a grammar Nazi makes you cool!

Comment

I think the point of this thread was to ask the question is Portis leaving, answer to that is no and hopfully he'll be apart of Denver's future for many more years to come. As far as Griffin is concurned I concur that he could solid enough to get a 1,000 yards, but I think he would need to add a little more weight to endure the pounding he would take.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I dont think its up to us to decide if griffin can hold up over a full year, thats up to griffin himself. but from the looks of it, portis cant either. so whats the point?
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
          I dont think its up to us to decide if griffin can hold up over a full year, thats up to griffin himself. but from the looks of it, portis cant either. so whats the point?
          Just like it isn't up to us to decide who they resign or don't resign or whether or not they give someone a pay raise or not. Right?

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
            Just like it isn't up to us to decide who they resign or don't resign or whether or not they give someone a pay raise or not. Right?
            those are 2 totally different things.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
              those are 2 totally different things.
              Oh so it is up to you to decide who is resigned and who isn't. Ok I didn't that Lava. (I'm just messin with ya.)

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Oh so it is up to you to decide who is resigned and who isn't. Ok I didn't that Lava. (I'm just messin with ya.)
                LOl no its not like that, im just sayin that we cant tell if griffin is able to withstand the abuse or not, just cause he is 185, doesnt mean he cant take it. he carried the load in the GB game and the Colt game, and didnt look like he couldnt take it, i know it was only 2 games, but they were in a row and he still looked fresh, so who says he could do it a full season. Even if he did get injured, Portis hasnt satrted a full season for us yet either.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Actually Griffin weighs 195lbs according to the roster. It is my opinion though that if he were to be an every down back he would need to add some weight. When Portis joined the team he weighed at 195 and it was suggested to him after his rookis season that he put on some weight so he could better endure the riggors of 16 game season.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

When Portis joined the team he weighed at 195 and it was suggested to him after his rookis season that he put on some weight so he could better endure the riggors of 16 game season.
                    and he still missed 5 games LOL

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• True enough, and I think that shows he still needs a little more weight. If weighs around 210 lbs he might not be as prone to injury. It wouldn't hurt Griffin either if put on few more pounds of muscle.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                      X