Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season Preditions - How is your's doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Preditions - How is your's doing?

A lot of us made predictions for the Broncos season. How is your prediction faring so far?

Mine is pretty close to being right on target so far.

I predicted the Broncos would be 9-7 best possible scenario, 5-11 worst possible scenario with 7-9 being the most likely scenario. I also predicted that the Broncos would start out winning due to their weak September schedule (fooling many of the lesser informed) but after that they would stumble.

The only game I had wrong so far was the Oakland game. Thus I would not be surprised if the Broncos do make it to .500 this season @ 8-8 but I still see 7-9 as a likely outcome.

New prediction: Don't be too surprised if the Bengals end up with a better record than the Broncos.
    Last edited by Aardwolf; 11-02-2003, 10:20 AM.

Well I dont think 9-7 is a best possible scenario. I thought a best possible scenario would either be 11-5 or 12-4. Losses coming only to KC, Minn, GB, IND and maybe a crappy team like the Bengals or Lions. Right now I think we can still go 11-5 but it will be very tough. I think now by the end of the season we will be 10-6 us losing to possibly KC, GB and maybe the Pats.

Do any of you make predictions on the other games going on during the week? I make them every week and I havent missed a single game all year. Right now for my record I am 75-40 for the whole year(not including the preseason).

Comment

11-5 is good.

Comment

either 11-5 or 10-6 i dont think we have kicked it up yet
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Re: Season Preditions - How is your's doing?

Originally posted by Aardwolf
          A lot of us made preditions for the Broncos season. How is your prediction faring so far?

Mine is pretty close to being right on target so far.

I predicted the Broncos would be 9-7 best possible scenario, 5-11 worst possible scenario with 7-9 being the most likely scenario. I also predicted that the Broncos would start out winning due to their weak September schedule (fooling many of the lesser informed) but after that they would stumble.

The only game I had wrong so far was the Oakland game. Thus I would not be surprised if the Broncos do make it to .500 this season @ 8-8 but I still see 7-9 as a likely outcome.

New predition: Don't be too surprised if the Bengals end up with a better record than the Broncos.
          Oh no!!! Can Aardwolf be wrong???

@Cincinnati W
          @San Diego W
          Oakland L
          Detroit W
          @Kansas City L
          Pittsburgh L
          @Minnesota L
          @Baltimore L
          New England W

I believe this is your prediction so far.

You were wrong on the Oakland and the Pittsburgh game, not just one game and if you keep your same prediction that you have now on the New England game that you posted in the last thread you will be wrong on that one also.

Would you like to change your mind at this time????
          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

I picked 11-5, so I am still good so far, providing Denver runs through it's five home games and trip to Oakland in the next seven weeks before Indy & GB
            The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

I had us at 6-2 with losses to KC and Minn. Wrong last week in the loss to Balt. But I also said at the beginning IF we don't lose Portis or another "key" player. I also thought that even if Plummer got hurt Steve B would be able to pick up....HOW WRONG I WAS. Best case for me was 12-4...worst case 10-6
              Anyway, I'm just a game off at this point and look for the Broncos to end the season at best 11-5 IF Plummer gets back HEALTHY! But will stick with 10-6 as more realistic at this point.
              GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!
              Ron

Comment

This is my prediction fpr the 2003 Broncos season

@Cincinnati W
                @San Diego W*
                Oakland L*
                Detroit W
                @Kansas City L
                Pittsburgh W*
                @Minnesota L
                @Baltimore L
                New England L*
                BYE
                San Diego W*
                Chicago W
                @Oakland L*
                Kansas City L
                Cleveland W*
                @Indianapolis L
                @Green Bay L

7-9

* variable

FYI I am 83-33 on the season, in the top 99.9% and ranked #324 in ESPN's Pigskin Pick 'Em

Comment

FYI I am 83-33 on the season, in the top 99.9% and ranked #324 in ESPN's Pigskin Pick 'Em
                  Hey, I finished #11 (2 picks behind the winner) in the USA Today Pigskin Pool out of over 16,000 people. That put me somewhere in the top 99.994% range. And I'm only 2 picks behind you this season (despite always picking the Broncos for fun).

But I don't have any silly illusions that being good in football picking pools makes me some kind of expert on football. Why not pick games as a fan of the game instead of in an attempt to show the world that you know football better than they do?

I originally picked the Broncos to go 11-5. I'm thinking that's still possible if Jake gets back and stays healthy. I'm thinking at worst they'll finish 10-6 with Jake as QB.

Today's games have caused me some problems. I had picked Houston to upset Carolina until I heard that Carr wouldn't play, so I changed my pick back to the Panthers. Houston won. I also came very close to picking the Saints to upset the Bucs because of the way they played the Bucs last year. But I couldn't do it 'cause th Bucs are the champs and the Saints have been looking bad. Wrong again. I also keep thinking the Raiders will win some of their "easy" games but they proved me wrong again today against Lions.
                  Last edited by Javalon; 11-02-2003, 01:18 PM.
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

My prediction was 10-6 and I thought that would be good enough to get into the playoffs.

The injury to Plummer hurt us but hopefully we still will make the playoffs. It might take a 11-5 to make it though.

Comment

This is my prediction fpr the 2003 Broncos season

@Cincinnati W
                      @San Diego W*
                      Oakland L*
                      Detroit W
                      @Kansas City L
                      Pittsburgh W*
                      @Minnesota L
                      @Baltimore L
                      New England L*
                      BYE
                      San Diego W*
                      Chicago W
                      @Oakland L*
                      Kansas City L
                      Cleveland W*
                      @Indianapolis L
                      @Green Bay L

7-9

* variable

What is this variable stuff??? Does that mean a W or a L? If that is picking the teams then you could put a variable on every game and be correct.

Does anyone know what variable means??? Excuse my ignorance but I do not.

Comment

This is what I thought the Broncos would do this year.

@Cincinnati-W
                        @San Diego-W
                        Oakland-W
                        Detroit-W
                        @KC-L
                        Pittsburgh-W
                        @Minn-L
                        @Baltimore-W
                        New England-W
                        San Diego-W
                        Chicago-W
                        @Oakland-L
                        KC-W
                        Cleveland-W
                        @INDY-L
                        @GB-L

Final Record- 11-5, I also thought that there might also be a loss at maybe Cincinnati or a crappy team that we should have beat which would put us at 10-6.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                          What is this variable stuff??? Does that mean a W or a L? If that is picking the teams then you could put a variable on every game and be correct.

It means he can go back and so "Oh, I was wrong on that one but I DID say it was variable."

In other words, the ones that are not variable he's sure will go the way he says. The others he thinks the Broncos might be good enough to win.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever

I find it hard to believe that there are no dictionaries in Loveland. Perhaps you just are not familiar with the concept. But if it is really true that Loveland is lacking in that particular area, I'm sure you could go to either Boulder or Denver (both have this really cool thing called a library which will let you look at their books and in some cases even let you borrow books) or use an online dictionary.

You say I could have done something different than what I did. Well, so what? I didn't, did I? Obviously the important factor is the bottom line, not how they get to the bottom line.

Like I stated very clearly ... "I predicted the Broncos would be 9-7 best possible scenario, 5-11 worst possible scenario with 7-9 being the most likely scenario ... I would not be surprised if the Broncos do make it to .500 this season @ 8-8 but I still see 7-9 as a likely outcome."

Is there some part of that which is too difficult to comprehend?
                            Last edited by Aardwolf; 11-02-2003, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                              It means he can go back and so "Oh, I was wrong on that one but I DID say it was variable."

In other words, the ones that are not variable he's sure will go the way he says. The others he thinks the Broncos might be good enough to win.
                              Really!?! LOL!!! Then I wonder how it so happens that 4 of the 7 games I placed the asterick after are predicted Ws, not Ls. Seems like the facts would indicate the exact opposite in the majority of examples but thanks for playing.

Comment

Working...
                              X