Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season Preditions - How is your's doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrazyAsian
    Jared, my math must be wrong too...what gives?
    Well, I am terrible at math, so I am probably wrong.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
      Haven't they just won 5 out of 8 games?
      Originally posted by CrazyAsian
      Very good in the math department but seriously lacking in the logic department.

Yes, the Broncos DID win 5 or their first 8 games. However, if you check your math you will also note that the Broncos have lost 4 of their most recent 5 previous games. Face reality, my friends! The Broncos are NOT going to win 5 of their last 8 games. Two or three I would expect. Four? Long shot but it could happen! But five???? What ARE you smokin', dudes?
      Last edited by Aardwolf; 11-04-2003, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aardwolf
        QUOTE]Originally posted by CrazyAsian

Very good in the math department but seriously lacking in the logic department.

Yes, the Broncos DID win 5 or their first 8 games. However, they are NOT going to 5 of their last 8 games. Two or three I would expect. Four? It could happen! But five???? What ARE you smokin', dude?
        [/QUOTE]

I am not smoking anything.

You simply put forth that they will NOT be able to do something that they clearly already did.

Will it be more difficult? Of course. Especially with injuries. But I don't see how it is a definite to not accomplish something a second time that has already been accomplished once before. Situations change, but nothing is a definite. I fail to see why that is an illogical statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
          I fail to see why that is an illogical statement.
          Of course you fail to see that. That merely confirms my point. Thank you!

Comment

By your logic, the Broncos beat losing teams. That means 4 wins: San Diego, Chicago, Oakland, Cleveland. In seasons past, I would agree that Oakland might be difficult just because they're a rival but they are looking pretty pathetic this season.

So, that leaves 3 teams with winning records: Kansas City, Indianapolis, Green Bay (Ok, they're 4-4 but I think they'll have a winning record by then).

That's 3 tough games. If the Broncos can win one of those, they should make the playoffs. It they can't win a single tough game, then they don't deserve to make the playoffs. Plain and simple.

I'm hoping that Plummer will regain the form he showed before his injury. If he does, I feel the Broncos have a decent shot at winning 1 or more of those tough game. Oh, and the Broncos need to get a little bit better pass rush than they did against the Pats.

Accounting for Plummer being the wildcard, I'm still pullling for a 5-2 finish for 10-6 overall. And the final wildcard spot. If Plummer fails to lift the team back to their early season form, we'll be waiting for next year. So, come on Plummer let's fix some of these leaks!
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Oh course both Jared, Crazy, and you could both be right. After all it just opinions...

I tend to look at the cup being half full not half empty...

Why does someone have to be illogical when they disagree with you or be accused of smoking something that would make them illogical???
              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

It confirms that I disagree with you. How does that make me illogical? Your point is that there is no way the Broncos will win 5 out of the next 7. You made that statement as fact:

The Broncos are NOT going to win 5 of their last 8 games. Two or three I would expect. Four? Long shot but it could happen! But five???? What ARE you smokin', dudes?

I recognize that winning 5 out of the next 7 will be more difficult than going 5-3 in the first half, given the schedule and injuries, but I do not see how it is NOT going to happen, as you say. Is it a statistical impossibility? I am not predicting that they will win 5 out of the next 7, but I am saying that that is what needs to get done to even have a shot at the playoffs. Do you disagree? Why? Why not?
                Last edited by Jared; 11-05-2003, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Aardwolf,
                  How's your predictions doing? How do you feel about Mike Shanahan now?
                  Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

this thread seems old

somebody must have drudged this thread from a while back but I'm glad they did. Aardwolf wasn't right at all. he said the best denver could be is 9-7 well try 11-5 or 10-6. he also said we wouldn't make the playoffs and that cincy might have a better record so again he is wrong.by now he is making up ways to change his predictions so he can say he was right all along. just like Ms. Cleo he was found out.
                    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

With this being Plummer's first season, I didn't know what to expect. The only thing I knew is that I was glad Griese is gone. Everybody was saying that Plummer is actually good...he just needs to be in a good system. I think he's working out fine.
                      Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                      X