Courtney Brown Injured!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courtney Brown Injured!!!

I'm still optimistic about him making an impact, and getting back on track, but MAN, are you kidding me?

freak accident. got his arm caught bewteen 2 players i think it was. sucks though

Comment

when did this happen? They didn't have morning practice today, did they?
      fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

http://web.denverbroncos.com/forums/...ad.php?t=38221

Comment

thanks for the link, hopefully he can get back before the regular season..he's been having a strong camp..
          fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Didnt see this thread when I started one a few moments ago. Sorry........

Comment

Well. . . . THAT sure didn't take long! He's out 3-6 weeks and there's question how effective he'll be for the start of the season!

Everyone in the league will be laughing at us, saying "I told you so!"

Courtney Brown gets a "feak injury" every single year. Every one. At some point you just have to say he's injury prone, because it's not a nagging injury of the same body part, it's always something different: this year an elbow, last year a foot, before that a leg, before that something else.

It think Mathir predicted he'd be injured by game 3, I don't think anybody in the "when will Courtney Brown get injured" pool had the 1st week of practice, though!

Hopefully he'll be ready for the start of the season, but this just adds fuel to all the critics who said Shanahan is crazy! (Trevor Pryce sat out practice today because of his back) and now Courtney's out indefinitely!

This could get ugly quick.

(I had a flashback to the Bang Cartoon "Bronco Billy" : LINK where Courtney Brown comes into Shanahan's office and says "I hope you have a good health plan." Shanahan: "Health plan?!"
              Last edited by Cugel; 08-04-2005, 12:46 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                Well. . . . THAT sure didn't take long! He's out 3-6 weeks and there's question how effective he'll be for the start of the season!

Everyone in the league will be laughing at us, saying "I told you so!"

Courtney Brown gets a "feak injury" every single year. Every one. At some point you just have to say he's injury prone, because it's not a nagging injury of the same body part, it's always something different: this year an elbow, last year a foot, before that a leg, before that something else.

It think Mathir predicted he'd be injured by game 3, I don't think anybody in the "when will Courtney Brown get injured" pool had the 1st week of practice, though!

Hopefully he'll be ready for the start of the season, but this just adds fuel to all the critics who said Shanahan is crazy! (Trevor Pryce sat out practice today because of his back) and now Courtney's out indefinitely!

This could get ugly quick.

(I had a flashback to the Bang Cartoon "Bronco Billy" : LINK where Courtney Brown comes into Shanahan's office and says "I hope you have good health coverage." Shanahan: "Health coverage?!"
                Now, don't panic, Cugel. Ekuban, Myers, and Warren are still there. Pryce reportedly was out for one day for precautionary measures. Engelberger is still there. Don't get rabid over one incident.

-----

Comment

Look at the bright side, better this happened now than in the last pre-season game or on Opening Day.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                    Now, don't panic, Cugel. Ekuban, Myers, and Warren are still there. Pryce reportedly was out for one day for precautionary measures. Engelberger is still there. Don't get rabid over one incident.

-----
                    I don't think I'm rabid! I haven't bitten anyone for more than 24 hours and that's a pretty good sign right?!

This isn't a good start, that's all. While Ekuban, Myers and Warren are still healthy, none of them have Courtney Brown's talent level either. He was the big hope for improvement on the DL this season. If only he could stay healthy for a season, the thinking went, he could be a real terror and force double teams that would free up other rushers and force other teams to keep in extra blockers.

But an elbow injury really hurts when he tries to apply leverage. That's the kind of injury that can impact the entire season, even when he's back and (supposedly) healthy and playing again.

If this is the LAST such injury this season it won't be the end of the world, but it certainly ISN'T a good start!

As for Trevor, he's fine (right now), but the notion that his back is 100% just got flushed. The news article said that such soreness "was to be expected after 2-3 days of practice". Well, if his back is going to flare up after a few days of practice and that is "normal" how can we expect that it will hold up the entire NFL season?

That isn't a good sign either. Hopefully as more time passes he will grow more healthy.

It's not time to panic yet, the sky isn't falling, but that IS the sound of thunder you hear in the distance. Could get stormy around Broncoland this year.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good thing Mike added depth at DE. Broncos still ahve Pryce and Engleberenger

Comment

Not surprised that he got hurt. I hope he can get back on the field soon. Poor guy.
                        Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.

"He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith

Created by Snk16. Thanks!

Comment

Big deal. At least he didnt reinjure his foot. Last time i checked he have like 14 defensive linemen? Potential starters in Ekuban, Engleberger and Coleman. Pryce is a lock. If Brown gets injured again (god forbid), we have more than enough depth at the position. I want to see Brown play a game first before we can write him off.

Comment

Are you kidding me? He cant even make it thru 1 week of practice without getting hurt? This guy is made of glass. Amazing that such a huge guy can be so fragile. So soft... You can breathe on him and break something! Thats ridiculous...

Comment

Originally posted by BIG AL
                              Are you kidding me? He cant even make it thru 1 week of practice without getting hurt? This guy is made of glass. Amazing that such a huge guy can be so fragile. So soft... You can breathe on him and break something! Thats ridiculous...
                              Um . . . . are you familiar with elbows?

-----

Comment

Working...
                              X