Bronco fans in other cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco fans in other cities

I'm curious how fans here who live in other cities view the teams there.

I live near Philadelphia. I actually respect the Eagles organization, mainly because they don't cave in to player demands (like the Owens situation).

However, the local media here are absolutely obnoxious, and it makes me want to see the Eagles lose. If they win a couple of games, they are super bowl bound. Lose a game, and they are the worst team in their division.

Many of the fans aren't much better. I've heard some confidently say they will win the bowl this year, blah blah blah. There is also the fact that the Eagles stadium actually needs a functioning judge & courtroom because the fans are so rowdy.

I don't remember the Denver media being so darned annoying, and definately not the fans.

I'm curious if Philadelphia is that bad, or is it typical?

Broncos fans in CA

Here in Los Angeles, we have to deal with Raiders fans coming up to us talking trash. They love to make sure you know who they are. Plain obnoxious if you ask me. Why can't somebody just like a certain team ! Other people who like other teams don't have to trash talk like the Raiders do. Show up on game day and fight it out on the field. By the way they are still harping on their loss to the
    Patriots in the snow bowl.
    Last edited by denbros7; 08-06-2005, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by denbros7
      Here in Los Angeles, we have to deal with Raiders fans coming up to us talking trash. They love to make sure you know who they are. Plain obnoxious if you ask me. Why can't somebody just like a certain team ! Other people who like other teams don't have to trash talk like the Raiders do. Show up on game day and fight it out on the field. By the way they are still harping on their loss to the
      Patriots in the snow bowl.
      Ignore the fader nation! I remember a few years ago a local radio station in L.A.( who all hate the Raiders) had someone go on to the streets of L.A. before the Super Bowl with Tampa. They were asking the Faider fans questions about the team. The fans were all chanting the same idiotic things "Just win baby" and "Raider Nation" etc etc.

Any way the D.J.s were asking simple questions of the roster to dozens of moronic fans, like who is the Raiders outside linebacker, or who are the Raiders CB's? NONE of them knew!!! It was the funniest thing I have ever heard on radio, all of these proclaimed fans of the Faiders and they didn't even know who was on the team!!

Any way I know some other places are tough on teams etc, but at least they are knowledgeable and I can respect that. Faider fans in L.A. and California are the dumbest rejects of society and I can't even have a respectable conversation about football with them. Other fans in other cities, you can.

Now days whenever I encounter a Faider Fan and they want to "debate" I JUST IGNORE BABY!!!!!!
      The three Keys to football
      1. Turnovers
      2. Field Position
      3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Bronco in Kansas City

I live in Kansas City and the amount of support they have for the Chiefs is different. The fans will tell it like it is about their team. For example, they know that the chefs have a great offense, but the defense was the weak link. They have been trying to get Carl Peterson to go after defensive players and leave the offense alone. Finally they did it and the chefs will probably be a contender this year.

As far as the fans are towards Bronco fans, they may give us a good ribbing, but they are generally very nice to us. I went to a Denver KC game in Arrowhead a couple of years ago and I estimated at least 15,000 Denver fans there that day. I looked out over the stadium and you defenitly see a lot of Blue and Orange in the stands. The comment one KC fan said was "Are we in Mile High or Arrowhead today?"

I also add that the atmostsphere in Arrowhead is similar to the atmostsphere in Mile High. The loyalty and the love for the team, no matter how bad the team is, is the same. I will always be a Bronco fan, but if I had to choose a second team to follow, it would be the Chiefs.

SIG BY Snk 16

I adopted #50 Ben Hamilton. GO O-LINE.

Comment

i live in galway in west ireland and used to only see 3 broncos games a season but now thanks to broncosfan 303 its all going to change
          SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
          Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

Originally posted by tcron1971
            I live in Kansas City and the amount of support they have for the Chiefs is different. The fans will tell it like it is about their team. For example, they know that the chefs have a great offense, but the defense was the weak link. They have been trying to get Carl Peterson to go after defensive players and leave the offense alone. Finally they did it and the chefs will probably be a contender this year.

As far as the fans are towards Bronco fans, they may give us a good ribbing, but they are generally very nice to us. I went to a Denver KC game in Arrowhead a couple of years ago and I estimated at least 15,000 Denver fans there that day. I looked out over the stadium and you defenitly see a lot of Blue and Orange in the stands. The comment one KC fan said was "Are we in Mile High or Arrowhead today?"

I also add that the atmostsphere in Arrowhead is similar to the atmostsphere in Mile High. The loyalty and the love for the team, no matter how bad the team is, is the same. I will always be a Bronco fan, but if I had to choose a second team to follow, it would be the Chiefs.
            *tries to resist a glimmer of respect for the Chiefs*
            j/k, good to know

Comment

Bixby, Oklahoma. A couple of miles directly south of Tulsa. Been a Broncos fan since Steve Sewell joined the club. Became an Elway fan the very first time I saw him play.
              I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

I'm not trying to turn this into a "Raiders fans in L.A." thread, but I can't resist. Denbros and BroncoRT are right - they are the absolute worst fans out there. When their team wins it's sickening, but when they lose it's worse. That's when I routinely here comments like "the other team cheated" "the refs don't like us" "the game was fixed", etc. I have never seen fans who were worse at refusing to acknowledge the inadequacies of their own team or give even the slightest amount of credit to the oppostion.

Maybe it's just an L.A. thing. Does anyone on here live in the Bay Area? I'd be curious to know if they are like this in Oakland too.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                  I have never seen fans who were worse at refusing to acknowledge the inadequacies of their own team or give even the slightest amount of credit to the oppostion.
                  I hear quite a bit of that from the Philly media too, though I doubt as bad as what you hear in L.A. It occurs to me that my reaction to the local team here is similar to what the "Dayne-iacs" inspire here on the boards: I tend to dislike the team (person) because of the mindless way they are talked about by the homer. Sometimes that can be tough to resist. For you guys in CA, there is no need to resist hating

Pittsburgh: I can speak for that city also, lived there for 5 years. Absolutely RABID fans, but generally good natured and knowledgable.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanInPA
                    I'm curious how fans here who live in other cities view the teams there.

I live near Philadelphia. I actually respect the Eagles organization, mainly because they don't cave in to player demands (like the Owens situation).

However, the local media here are absolutely obnoxious, and it makes me want to see the Eagles lose. If they win a couple of games, they are super bowl bound. Lose a game, and they are the worst team in their division.

Many of the fans aren't much better. I've heard some confidently say they will win the bowl this year, blah blah blah. There is also the fact that the Eagles stadium actually needs a functioning judge & courtroom because the fans are so rowdy.

I don't remember the Denver media being so darned annoying, and definately not the fans.

I'm curious if Philadelphia is that bad, or is it typical?

Grew up an hour from Philly. You're mostly spot on about the difference between the organization, the media, and the fans. Three groups with three very different attitudes about what a fan should be.

But that courtroom used to be at the Vet, and is long gone.

I lived in NW Pennsylvania for a while, right on Lake Erie, and it was a good mix of Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Buffalo fans. All are VERY passionate, but not as rude or insanely critical as Philadelphia fans. Generally up for a good ribbing, but no more than that. All very knowledgable.

Out here, it seems the Raiders fans I have come across cannot be representative of the whole fan base. Because the kind of fan who comes up to you in a grocery store while shopping with your infant daughter just to say "Broncos f-ing suck!" after seeing your shirt probably has problems dealing with people in general. Overall, though yeah, not as knowledgable as you would hope. I have met a few old school Rams fans who know more about the Raiders than some of the yahoos I hear on the radio. But I am far enough up the coast where you get a smattering of 49ers fans..not many, but some.

When I lived in San Diego, the Chargers fans I knew at that time were ok. But kind of resigned to the fact that it was very hard to have high hopes every year because they were always dashed. It was like "If we don't expect much, then we can be surprised when they win". More sad, to me, that they ownership had driven their fans to that. Plus I was there during the (still ongoing) stadium and ticket guarantee dispute. A lot of people were/are angry at the Spanos family over that. Overall, I'd say it a somewhat fractured and damaged fan base that may be healed with some years of consistent competiveness. The older fans were good, but cynical and distrustful of the Spanos family, and the younger fans (my age or younger) really only had 2 or 3 seasons that they felt were worth cheering for (before last year). It's hard to attract younger people to your fan base when all the young people see is losing and bad management decisions and a dispute with the city. Especially when you can do so many other things with your money and time there (surfing, hiking, off roading, sailing, etc....)

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

Comment

Ah, the new stadium must have out-priced the 700-level fans, I suppose they will have to move their drunken brawling over to South Street

I too lived in San Diego (6 years worth in the military). I can't say that I thought about the Chargers much, but it seemed like the locals didn't either. A very underwhelming level of enthusiasm, for the reasons you stated Jared. The most excitement I noticed was when it came to playing the Raiders, they only wanted the wins there. I didn't run into animosity as a Denver fan. Beautiful beaches + laid back attitude + lousy team ownership = a boat load of apathy

Comment

I'm in michigan in the midst of lion junkies!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
                          I'm in michigan in the midst of lion junkies!
                          Are you in Detroit? What is the atmosphere like (fans, media, etc.)?

Comment

Ah, the new stadium must have out-priced the 700-level fans, I suppose they will have to move their drunken brawling over to South Street

I too lived in San Diego (6 years worth in the military). I can't say that I thought about the Chargers much, but it seemed like the locals didn't either. A very underwhelming level of enthusiasm, for the reasons you stated Jared. The most excitement I noticed was when it came to playing the Raiders, they only wanted the wins there. I didn't run into animosity as a Denver fan. Beautiful beaches + laid back attitude + lousy team ownership = a boat load of apathy

You don't know anything about the San Diego Chargers fan base or the outlook of fans. I remember Charger day 1992 through 96 in elementary/middle school very well and there were tons of young charger fans wearing their face paint to school. Every team goes through or will go through a stretch of losing. Because of a ryan leaf debacle our non winning seasons extended a few seasons furthur.
                            You are right about the Raiders and the rivalry was best in the early 90's with the Raiders only being a 2 hour drive north and clinching division titles in Los Angeles. The hatred for the faiders and their fans is always the greatest of all teams. It's a california thing that outsiders just don't get. This season may be the exception with eli manning being forced to play in San Diego. I think for charger fans the bolts could go 3-13 with wins against the faiders and giants and it will be considered a very succesful season. Watching the faiders lose is just about asgood as seeing the chargers win.... needless to say whooping them 42-7 with 9 minutes left to go in the thrid qtr was one of the greatest moments in franchise history.
                            Last edited by super_boltz; 08-07-2005, 03:16 PM.
                            2016 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 7 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

Comment

Are you in Detroit? What is the atmosphere like (fans, media, etc.)?
                              I'm in grand rapids about 2 hrs from there. The fan atmosphere here is cool, they have a strong and well balanced loyalty for the lions, redwings, pistons, michigan and m.state.

Comment

Working...
                              X