Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Broncos Draft A QB in the First Round Next Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    Wow. So you guys enjoy the football season so much, that you are already looking past it and onto the next offseason huh?
    Amazing that anyone is worried about next years draft, when we have NO feeling of how good out exisiting QB's are.

Unless we can get another surefire QB like John, same arm, same scrambling ability and smart. We know for sure that he is no Ryan leaf by all means draft him, if not don't bother because the anti-Jake crowd will jump on his back. Save us all time and broad band space.

Comment

Wide Receiver!!!

With Rod probably retiring in a couple of years, why not grab an outstanding wide receiver? I don't think the Broncos will use both 1st round picks, but instead probably trade up for a single high pick. I haven't heard of any "can't miss" QBs coming out next year, so it will depend upon the talent available and which draft pick the Broncos end up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Milehigh117
        Big time sleeper who could be picked up in the second round next year is Reggie McNeal from, Texas A & M. He's got decent size at 6'2 210. He's got great QB skills and has been very productive. Probably the most exciting thing about him is the 4.38 forty he ran in spring practices. He doesnt play for a big time school so he's flying a bit under the radar, but he could be huge.

That's who I am rooting for if shanahan is looking at that position, I know what type of player lienhart is he's great, but not for our type of offense, unless shanahan stops the qb bootleg, and that is why I would go with mcneal, especially if he can at least throw 75% of what lienhart can, not sayin that he could, cause I haven't seen enough of his games.

But like the other guy said lets get through this season first.

by Snk16

Snk16 Thanks Playa

My kids name is Karl Paymah, so if you have a problem with him you come and talk to me!

Comment

I

Think that Vince Young could be the next Mike Vick. Problem is, Mike Vick can't pass. The point is that Young is a mobile QB that could fit into the system very well if he learns to pass like a real QB. As it stands now, he could just be a faster, more shifty Jake Plummer.

Comment

I would take my chances on Charlie Whitehurst. He is a big guy that has good armstrength.

Comment

Matt Leinert is out of the question.......even if the Redskins suck we wont take him.....we wouldnt have a high enough pick.

I want Darrell Hackney or Reggie McNeil.....I've wanted them since last season.
              sigpic

Comment

well i think BVP looked good enough tonight to prove that a QB won't be necessary
                "I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."
                "I think a rotisserie is like a really morbid ferris wheel for chickens."
                "I chewed a piece of Care-free gum, but afterwords i was still worried."

- Mitch Hedberg, 1967-2005

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Comment

yes lets draft a QB and cut bvp...very very good idea my freind

Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member 1

Comment

that was sarcasim btw

Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member 1

Comment

Originally posted by Milehigh117
                      Big time sleeper who could be picked up in the second round next year is Reggie McNeal from, Texas A & M. He's got decent size at 6'2 210. He's got great QB skills and has been very productive. Probably the most exciting thing about him is the 4.38 forty he ran in spring practices. He doesnt play for a big time school so he's flying a bit under the radar, but he could be huge.
                      Hell of a QB..probably the Best QB in the Big 12 right now...he's a complete QB can run, throw, and doesn't make too many mistakes..I would love to have him..
                      fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Originally posted by moozoo22
                        Think that Vince Young could be the next Mike Vick. Problem is, Mike Vick can't pass. The point is that Young is a mobile QB that could fit into the system very well if he learns to pass like a real QB. As it stands now, he could just be a faster, more shifty Jake Plummer.
                        Can't pass? He's probably the most underrated passer... Watch him closely next time, he can easily flick his wrist and have it going downfield on target...I remember the first preseason game that he bombed it to some WR I think Jenkins, but it was on target the WR just up his arms out too early..and the annoucers were getting on Vick for not making that pass....

Also, he's a very accurate passer, he fits passes in the smallest of windows and throws it hard like Elway...just because his stats aren't like Manning doesn't mean that he cannot throw..put him in Mannings situation with a great O-line, and awesome WR's he'll have just as good of #'s as Manning...
                        fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs_323
                          well i think BVP looked good enough tonight to prove that a QB won't be necessary
                          Good but eratic at times...a couple of overthrows and passes behind.. Those passes usually will get gobbled by the D resulting in turnovers...

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                            I want a crazy hitting safety in the next draft. I miss Atwater!!!!
                            DARNELL "BA DA" BING

Comment

Originally posted by nas1
                              DARNELL "BA DA" BING
                              Yeah!!! Bing is sick, Other names to throw around I think if our RB situation is still shady Deanglo Williams could come up and Reggie Bush as well next years draft class is gonna be good real good.
                              BUT... not many receivers out there
                              Good OL, DL, QB, RB, and Safety draft.

Comment

You know how much i would like to take DeAngelo Williams, but i still dont think we could resist the urge to grab a franchise-type OT and a strong D-Lineman for the future if available. The big guys get things done in the trenches. However, if our lines are holding up, our backs arent producing, and the redskins stink it up enough, you gotta love the prospect of #20 DeAngelo Williams wearing that Bronco blue
                                Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Working...
                                X