Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Broncos Draft A QB in the First Round Next Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Broncos Draft A QB in the First Round Next Year?

All right boys and girls time for my annual discussion on this topic. Should the Broncs use a first round pick on a QB? If you don't think so, what position should they look for?

Some good QBs available:

Matt Leinart, USC
    Charlie Whitehurst, Clemson
    Brad Smith, Missouri
    Kevin Kolb, Houston (Jr.)
    Vincent Young, Texas (Jr.)
    Chris Leak, Florida (Jr.)
    Reggie McNeal, Texas A&M
    Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt
    Darrell Hackney, UAB
    Justin Holland, CSU ()
    "I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."
    "I think a rotisserie is like a really morbid ferris wheel for chickens."
    "I chewed a piece of Care-free gum, but afterwords i was still worried."

- Mitch Hedberg, 1967-2005

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Originally posted by Chubs_323
    All right boys and girls time for my annual discussion on this topic. Should the Broncs use a first round pick on a QB? If you don't think so, what position should they look for?

Some good QBs available:

Matt Leinart, USC
    Charlie Whitehurst, Clemson
    Brad Smith, Missouri
    Kevin Kolb, Houston (Jr.)
    Vincent Young, Texas (Jr.)
    Chris Leak, Florida (Jr.)
    Reggie McNeal, Texas A&M
    Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt
    Darrell Hackney, UAB
    Justin Holland, CSU ()
    I think in the first round we should definitely get an OL. D'Brickishaw Ferguson!!!
    It depends on how BVP is developing IMO. If he is coming along nicely, then why waste the pick, and the money?

Comment

The only QB worth taking is Matt Lienart.
      sigpic

Comment

Or we should just pick up Justin Holland. I like your choice.
        sigpic

Comment

Brody Croyle - Alabama
          Omar Jacobs - Bowling Green

The quarterback class next year is so uncertain at his point we shouldn't even be talking about it, a lot of these quarterbacks (except Leinart) have had one good season or something and are not in the serious discussion for future QB.
          But I am all for drafting a QB next year.

Comment

Currently, of the QBs you listed, I think Lienart is the only 1st rounder. Vincent Young could work his way up this season. His Rose Bowl performance was incredible.

Brad Smith had his ups and down last season.

Darrell Hackney has a pretty decent arm. We'll see how he does this year without Roddy White.

Comment

hell no. We should draft what we need at the time.

I don't think Denver goes after a QB next year. Plus this is way too early. Why did I come in and post on this thread?
              Emancipate your mind!
              The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
                Brody Croyle - Alabama
                Omar Jacobs - Bowling Green

The quarterback class next year is so uncertain at his point we shouldn't even be talking about it, a lot of these quarterbacks (except Leinart) have had one good season or something and are not in the serious discussion for future QB.
                But I am all for drafting a QB next year.

wow i totally forgot about Omar Jacobs... that guy is sick
                "I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Comment

I want a crazy hitting safety in the next draft. I miss Atwater!!!!

Comment

Wow. So you guys enjoy the football season so much, that you are already looking past it and onto the next offseason huh?

Comment

It really depends on how the season goes. For now, the Broncos have many fine, young, QBs.

#1 Bronco Fan!

Comment

Originally posted by PJKtheBroncoFan
                        It really depends on how the season goes. For now, the Broncos have many fine, young, QBs.
                        Yeah they do, but I don't see anyone of them being our guy for the future...

This one really hurt, but the one that we let go that looked awesome in the first preseason game...Kyle Orton...
                        fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

yeah Orton looked great in that preseason game...

i personally believe the Broncs should maybe take a QB later in the draft, I guess we'll have to see how Bradlee does @ backup

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Comment

Big time sleeper who could be picked up in the second round next year is Reggie McNeal from, Texas A & M. He's got decent size at 6'2 210. He's got great QB skills and has been very productive. Probably the most exciting thing about him is the 4.38 forty he ran in spring practices. He doesnt play for a big time school so he's flying a bit under the radar, but he could be huge.

Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Comment

I think it's way, way too early to tell. We haven't even seen the young guys we do have get much action yet. I don't think Mauck will ever be a starter in this league, but Van Pelt could hit or miss, I'm more anxious to see how he plays and just watch this season.

However, I want to throw one more name out there at QB in college who isn't getting much talk in the popularity contests, Tyler Palko. Guy's got heart, I want to keep my eye on him this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X