Top 50 Quarterbacks since 1970.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 50 Quarterbacks since 1970.

This list was a little harder, but I did my best. Let me know what you think.

1. John Elway
    2. Brett Favre
    3. Joe Montana
    4. Dan Marino
    5. Ken Stabler
    6. Dan Fouts
    7. Fran Tarkenton
    8. Joe Namath
    9. Terry Bradshaw
    10. Jim Kelly
    11. Troy Aikman
    12. Roger Staubach
    13. Phil Simms
    14. Len Dawson
    15. Warren Moon
    16. Steve Young
    17. Steve McNair
    18. Joe Theisman
    19. Len Dawson
    20. Bob Griese
    21. Peyton Manning
    22. Jim Plunkett
    23. Boomer Esiason
    24. Rich Gannon
    25. Ken Anderson
    26. Jim Everett
    27. Jake Plummer
    28. Brad Johnson
    29. Trent Green
    30. Randall Cunningham
    31. Jeff Hostetler
    32. Daunte Culpepper
    33. Chris Chandler
    34. Doug Flutie
    35. Donovan McNabb
    36. Jim Harbaugh
    37. Kerry Collins
    38. Mark Brunell
    39. Tom Brady
    40. Mark Rypien
    41. Michael Vick
    42. Vinny Testaverde
    43. Randall Cunningham
    44. Neil Lomax
    45. Ken O'Brien
    46. Drew Bledsoe
    47. Archie Manning
    48. Ron Jaworski
    49. Jim Hart
    50. Dave Krieg
    [QUOTE]
    If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Oh, man...that is a HARD list to do. There are so many great QBs.

BTW, am I correct in assuming you favor McNair over Manning for MVP? I noticed that you placed him higher (as would I).
    Thanks for the memories, John. We will always remember you.

You look great in Canton! Perhaps I'll get to see you some day...

Comment

Elway def #1 but then Montanna has to be 1A. This is a very difficult list, I guess everybody would vary based on what their mindset is. I would rank QB's on wins and losses not necessarally on stats alone.

Comment

45. Ken O'Brien
        NUMBER 45?? Wheres the love for Kenny O?? LMAO

Comment

That's not just a hard list to do ... but an impossible list.
          Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Originally posted by GSRelyea
            Elway def #1 but then Montanna has to be 1A. This is a very difficult list, I guess everybody would vary based on what their mindset is. I would rank QB's on wins and losses not necessarally on stats alone.
            I agree! Montana is definetely up there....I think Elway had too many Super Bowl losses which makes his cred a little low...so if I had to redo the top5 it would be:

Montana
            Elway
            Marino
            Favre
            Aikman

that is a very tough list but where is: Steve Bono?

I think that is an accurate list, but Elway not number 1 because of Super Bowl record: 2-3 Collins should be above Culpepper because Collins been to the Super Bowl.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I DISAGREE ASIAN! THIS IS A CHIEF FAN SAYING THAT ELWAY WAS THE BEST!!! IT MAY BE THE ONLY TIME YOU HEAR THAT, SO GET OVER IT! Did not have room to put JEFF GEORGE on the list! LOL! Or Steve DeBerg!
              [QUOTE]
              If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                I DISAGREE ASIAN! THIS IS A CHIEF FAN SAYING THAT ELWAY WAS THE BEST!!! IT MAY BE THE ONLY TIME YOU HEAR THAT, SO GET OVER IT! Did not have room to put JEFF GEORGE on the list! LOL! Or Steve DeBerg!
                Nope...for the longest time...it was always Elway in my book..but as i got older...I see Elway was awesome...but Montana made it look easy.

Comment

Hey, I just noticed that Unitas wasn't on there!

A couple of others: Sonny Jurgenson and George Blanda. JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by elwaymvp

Since 1970 or I would have said Y.A. Title or Bart Starr.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                      Since 1970 or I would have said Y.A. Title or Bart Starr.
                      Did I go back that far with mine? Boy, am I dating myself!

Comment

Originally posted by elwaymvp

In their primes before 1970!, could have put BILL KENNEY on there!!! LOL!! Old Chief for those who don't know!
                        [QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                          I agree! Montana is definetely up there....I think Elway had too many Super Bowl losses which makes his cred a little low...so if I had to redo the top5 it would be:

Montana
                          Elway
                          Marino
                          Favre
                          Aikman

that is a very tough list but where is: Steve Bono?

I think that is an accurate list, but Elway not number 1 because of Super Bowl record: 2-3 Collins should be above Culpepper because Collins been to the Super Bowl.
                          Marino was really good. I have to admit that I enjoyed watching him play, and I honestly felt bad for him in his last game (that rout in the Playoffs by the Jaguars, I think). Montana was also good, and if the Chiefs could have gotten him (and Marcus Allen) earlier, I think they probably would've done better in the Playoffs those years, if they had fired Marty. Actually, maybe all they needed to do WAS fire Marty...

Bono? No. Just because he played for the 49ers doesn't make him good. Culpepper is good, and I would put him there, and I would have him above Collins (SB notwithstanding). The only thing about Culpepper is that he did choke in the Playoffs (as is common with the Vikings).

I don't know about Elway. If you want my biased opinion? Number 1, no question (duh). Unbiased? It is a lot harder. Joe Montana was just awesome, so I think I would probably put him at #1 above Elway. But that is a really close call.

Comment

i noticed u have len dawson on there twice....14 n 19

Comment

Horseface was the Greatest, no others came close. Mr.Comeback, Mr.Crush my Chiefs dreams! I hated him, but unbiased, he was the best.
                              [QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                              X