No announcement yet.

Top 50 Quarterbacks since 1970.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbiasedly, of course, Elway was the best. Put him on the San Frans teams that Joe was on and he couldve had the same results, if not better. But it is a completely unbaised opinion

I would put Joe second though, not Brett. Brett would probably be third over Marino only cause of SB wins.

And wheres Jim McMahon......."We are the Bears shufflin crew, shufflin on down, doin it for you....."

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
      Unbiasedly, of course, Elway was the best. Put him on the San Frans teams that Joe was on and he couldve had the same results, if not better. But it is a completely unbaised opinion

I would put Joe second though, not Brett. Brett would probably be third over Marino only cause of SB wins.

And wheres Jim McMahon......."We are the Bears shufflin crew, shufflin on down, doin it for you....."
      Jim is #19, I put Dawson on twice, my mistake.
      [QUOTE]
      If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
        In their primes before 1970!, could have put BILL KENNEY on there!!! LOL!! Old Chief for those who don't know!
        Maybe even JOE NAMATH!
        Thanks for the memories, John. We will always remember you.

You look great in Canton! Perhaps I'll get to see you some day...

Comment

Originally posted by elwaymvp
          Maybe even JOE NAMATH!
          Nah, Joe was on the BRADY BUNCH in 1971, So doesn't that count?
          [QUOTE]
          If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Here's one...

Chief fans should remember this one, and I think he even played for Denver at one time. How about Steve Deburg... Now, I know I'm probably going to get h*ll for this one, but I can't help remembering a game with the Dolphins. I believe it was 1993ish, a playoff game... Good ol Steve got his face ripped open... At halftime he went in to get stitches, and then played the entire second half of the game. Blood soaked jersey and all. Now, I don't think they won... But, for a guy his age to do that... I will always have respect for good ol Deburg.

Comment

Re: Here's one...

Originally posted by COOLTOOL
              Chief fans should remember this one, and I think he even played for Denver at one time. How about Steve Deburg... Now, I know I'm probably going to get h*ll for this one, but I can't help remembering a game with the Dolphins. I believe it was 1993ish, a playoff game... Good ol Steve got his face ripped open... At halftime he went in to get stitches, and then played the entire second half of the game. Blood soaked jersey and all. Now, I don't think they won... But, for a guy his age to do that... I will always have respect for good ol Deburg.
              Yeah good ol' 19TD's 27INT's Deberg, yeah got to love that 43 year old workhorse. You'd think he would have gotten better over the years!
              [QUOTE]

Comment

Very impressed to see...

Plummer as high as he is in your list. Thats about all i have to say.
                Please God don't let the Pats win the Superbowl!! AGAIN

Comment

Re: Here's one...

Originally posted by COOLTOOL
                  Or what about that pinky injury he had with the Chiefs? You know the one where the bone was STICKING OUT OF the finger? And they taped it up and he played!

Comment

Re: Re: Here's one...

You'd think he would have gotten better over the years!
                    I guess the adage is true, "You (REALLY) can't teach an OLD dog new tricks." But... I still give him props for that game. <-- Even though they didn't win.

Comment

Bono was pretty good when he was a Chief.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                        Bono was pretty good when he was a Chief.
                        Yeah, but I wouldn't put him up in the Top 50. There are so many others that are more deserving.

Comment

Originally posted by elwaymvp
                          Yeah, but I wouldn't put him up in the Top 50. There are so many others that are more deserving.
                          Heck, I'd put Glenn Foley on there before I put Bono on the list.
                          [QUOTE]

Comment

Heck, I'd put Glenn Foley on there before I put Bono on the list.

what the??????????????????

Glen Foley? Might as well put Bobby Hoying or Eric Zeier while you're at it.

or maybe mark Malone

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

Reasons Elway is better than Montana, Favre, and Marino...

Elway could lead his team to Superbowls in what I ALWAYS have thought were actually damn overall average teams (80s Broncos). He also made it to numerous Championship games we would've gotten into yet another Superbowl if it wasn't for a freak INT against the Bills.

Montana led his team to the Superbowl four times and won it four times? But he had the best supporting cast during those years, they ran the west-coast offense which let the cast do the work.

---

Elway could throw the bomb the farthest and most accurate then of any other player out there. He could throw it 70 yards and it'd hit the guy right on the button. He could scramble and make sh*t happen out of nothing.

Favre, who can also throw the long bomb isn't near as accurate with them (but still one of the best). He could make **** out of nothing but half the time it'd just be an INT (sorta like Plummer during his Arizona years).

---

Elway could scramble, throw a bomb, and was quite accurate.

Marino couldn't scramble worth a flip, couldn't really throw the bomb, but was deadly-freakin accurate with his passes, and he had great pocket awareness. Problem? Didn't lead his team to much of anything.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                              - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore

Marino couldn't scramble worth a flip, couldn't really throw the bomb, but was deadly-freakin accurate with his passes, and he had great pocket awareness. Problem? Didn't lead his team to much of anything.
                                Couldn't throw the bomb?

Not after his achilles tendon tear, maybe, but he had a very good arm, in my opinion. Elway and Farve are the only guys who immediately come to mind with stronger arms.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                                You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                                X