Al Wilson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K'Noy_Kills
    I think a big factor on his decision is whether Gold and Mobley will return.
    Gold will definitely be resigned, he is the biggest playmaker we have. The acl tear wont affect him next year. Mobley tore his a couple years ago and came back the next year to be the team's leading tackler. It's good that his injury happened early in the season.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

JoCool wrote:
      Wilson and his pathetic, miss on Harrison???? Hmmmm, not missing his play much ---regular season ok , when it matters most-PLayoffs??? He better never screw up again!
      You aught to be ashamed, seriously. Al is the best defender since Gradishar, and that's only on paper. If you look to what else he brings to the table, it's as good as it gets. Next to Ray Lewis, what linebacker is better? If you look to point fingers, I'd suggest directing them at our entire secondary, secondary coach (Alex Gibb's son), and Layer Coyer.
      "I don't like to make anyone feel left out, so I adopted all of our cheerleaders!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by dr0p
        Excuse my ignorance, but what is a "franchise tag"?

I would assume it would allow us to go over the cap only by a certain percentage due to contract problems for a certain amount of time, perhaps for 1 season?

Just a guess......
        Not quite. You're thinking of the "Larry Bird" or "mid-level" exceptions in the NBA.

Designating a player your "franchise" player, unless I am mistaken, means that you get exclusive bidding righst for a while. Then if talks break down, you still have the right to match the offer from another team or get some kind of compensation. Its somewhat like the 'restricted" free agent tag. Maybe someone knows a little more about this. The NFL salary cap is hard to undertstand, so I may be wrong.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

I thought you could only franchise one player from your team. we already franchised jason elam
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

yea, I thought it was only one player too. Also, it's my understanding that the player must agree to a salary within the top 5 salaries in the league for their position. Not sure on that one though. I just read an article where Al was asked about being franchised and that's what I gathered his hesitations were about.
            "I don't like to make anyone feel left out, so I adopted all of our cheerleaders!!!"

Comment

Free Agency Explained

I'd posted this link last week in a previous free agent discussion room (I think it was talking about either Portis or Wilson). This article explains it about as well as it can be explained.

http://www.askthecommish.com/freeagency/

It's kind of a fun site, too, for the football junkie.
              Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                I thought you could only franchise one player from your team. we already franchised jason elam
                Wasn't Elam f'd this last year??
                You can come up w/a franchise player every year. Its just a way to get around negotiations until after the year, if I'm not mistaken.
                Sometimes, though, it tends to piss off the player and bad things end up happening.
                Lets just hop that Shanny & Co. rework some contracts, drafts some studs, grab some killer FA's and we kick some AZZ next year.!!!!!
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30
                  franchise tag means when u put on somebody they have 2 b paid in the top 5 of their position in this case MLB....or if another team signs him you get 2 1st round picks.....
                  Most players don't like it, and when teams put the tag on a player it discourages other teams from giving up that much. The one thing Denver has in its favor is that Wilson wants to stay put so that could bode very well for the Broncos.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I say they convert Pierce to the strong side...not sure Mobely is up to getting back to his pre-injury health. If GB can make Nick Barnett a MLB, we can convert Pirece to OLB...

Ian/AL/Terry....that would be a nice combo...

Comment

Originally posted by bustemindamouth
                      I say they convert Pierce to the strong side...not sure Mobely is up to getting back to his pre-injury health. If GB can make Nick Barnett a MLB, we can convert Pirece to OLB...

Ian/AL/Terry....that would be a nice combo...
                      Pierce may be too slow for our defensive scheme to be on the outside for an entire year. Sykes would be better suited perhaps.
                      Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

I think Sykes and Spragan did a above average job this season and can only get better. If Wilson goes then you can have Sykes/Gold/Spragan. I'm sure Gold seen Wilson in action enough to pick up the Middle if we don't get Wilson to stay.

Comment

Working...
                        X