Let's talk about Bradley Van Pelt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about Bradley Van Pelt...

I know Jake is good. But, this guy has the potential to be one of the best IMO. Very poised, very confident and very tall. LOL! It's nice having a 2nd stringer you believe in, like the old Gary Kubiak days.

OPINIONS?

Wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him. He's shown promise, but he's only a one year veteran, 7th rounder who's being viewed by most people through rose-tinted specs. Sure, he can perform against 2nd and 3rd string Ds, but I would not want to rely on him this season.
    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Let's not and say we did

BVP looks good, lets see how he does in a real game situation.
      sigpic

Comment

He has 'potential' which is a scarey word, becuase didnt Greise have 'potential'?! The one thing I really like about VanPelt is his competitiveness, the man is a warrior on the field. I remember the first time I saw him at CSU running and instead of going out of bound, he turned it up field, lowered his shoulder and ran over a corner for extra yardage! LOVED IT!! Granted that would not be advised as a starter in the NFL, but it tells alot about what the guy has inside, and something you can't measure with pen & paper. Will VanPelt ever be a starter? Who knows. Only time will tell, but I am confident of him as a back up, more confident than I have been in the past couple of years.
        GOD BLESS the USA!!!! Support our TROOPS!!
        GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

He does have alot of potential. Of course there have been a long list of QB's over the years that looked like they would be the next Montana, Elway, etc. (across the NFL) Most never elevated their game to even being a solid starter.

BVP has alot of learning to do and needs to get rid of his "happy feet" but he is the best looking second string QB we have had in a long time. Could be our next starting QB in a couple of years.

Comment

Well not only is he a more quality back up, but his scrambling ability allows shannahan the option to maintane the original offensive gameplan in the event plummer goes down. With Kannell the naked bootlegs and PA rollouts weren't as effective which probably contributed to his lack of success.
            Holdin' down the Blue and Orange fort here in Missouri....

Comment

Originally posted by NEbronco
              He has 'potential' which is a scarey word, becuase didnt Greise have 'potential'?! The one thing I really like about VanPelt is his competitiveness, the man is a warrior on the field. I remember the first time I saw him at CSU running and instead of going out of bound, he turned it up field, lowered his shoulder and ran over a corner for extra yardage! LOVED IT!! Granted that would not be advised as a starter in the NFL, but it tells alot about what the guy has inside, and something you can't measure with pen & paper. Will VanPelt ever be a starter? Who knows. Only time will tell, but I am confident of him as a back up, more confident than I have been in the past couple of years.
              I'd take Greise for backup over BVP any day.

Comment

Originally posted by NEbronco
                This guy singlehandedly destroyed BYU a couple of years ago, and as a Cougars fan, was a hard thing to watch. But man what a player. If he can someday bring that to the NFL, he can be something specail. I'm excited he's part of the team but hopefully Jake will do well enough we won't need him yet.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
                  When Griese faced a blitz, I would just cringe. Griese didn't have any pocket presence, he would just fold like a sandwich. BVP is big and fast, he thinks on his toes and can get out of the pocket and turn the blitz into a + gain. IMO BVP would be a lot cheaper and productive backup.

I haven't had this much fun watching pre-season football in a long time. BVPs' gonna' let them Colts have it today.

Comment

I wouldn't mind Greise as a backup, making backup MONEY, IF that was all we had. I think Greise is a sitting duck in the pocket with a bad wing. He is to easy to defense...put some pressure on him, and he is done!
                    GOD BLESS the USA!!!! Support our TROOPS!!
                    GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

His daddy used to be a linebacker for the Browns.

Brian Van Pelt

Played in the AFC Championship game in 86' against Denver.
                      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Thread Resurection!!

I found this old thread discussing someone who may very well see this week in San Diego.

Bradley has zero pass attempts in the NFL. That is bound to change against the Bolts. It will be interesting to see what this kid can do. And why not find out during a meaningless game?

Thoughts?
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

It would be nice if BVP turned into a great player, however the odds are against him. There aren't very many late seventh round QB picks that turn out to be 'one of the best'.

Anything can happen, and the Broncos need a solid backup, and it would be great if he could develop into a quality starter to replace Jake in a few years, but the odds are against a seventh rounder being such a sleeper that every team missed his talent and then he becomes an NFL starter.

Having said all that, Shanahan must have seen something in him to keep him as his only backup, considering he had never taken a regular season NFL snap when he made the decision. Who knows, maybe he could become the Mike Piazza of the NFL (Piazza was a 66th round pick).
                          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Absolutely . . .

People seem to forget that Griese earned Pro Bowl status with us before he encountered his problems.

As he demonstrated this year before he was hurt, he seems to have a lot of those problems behind him.

-----

Comment

As was stated earlier, Griese had no pocket presence. He never felt the guy coming from his blind side and would often fumble when hit from the back. He threw a very pretty spiral (though sometimes low and behind) and read the field better than Jake does, but too many plays for negative yards hurt our offense.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Working...
                              X