Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrell Davis

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Terrell Davis

    What ever happened to Terrell Davis? I am a fan of the Broncos but I'm not a die hard so I'm not up on what happened to him.

  • #2
    Re: Terrell Davis

    Originally posted by fixxxer
    What ever happened to Terrell Davis? I am a fan of the Broncos but I'm not a die hard so I'm not up on what happened to him.
    forced into early retirement. back in '99 i think, he tore his acl or mcl, i seem to have forgotten which it was that he tore. you know what, now that i think about it, he tore both i think in his knee. and unfortunately he wasnt able to come back at 100%. he tried though, in 2000 and 2001. i was fortunate to catch him in 1 of the very few games he played in 2001 against the raiders in Denver and he had an excellent game! (we won too) he actually threw in the towell at the start of the 2002 year. at a Denver home game in the pre-season, he was introduced to all of us at home and came out wearing his gear but no helmet and was just waving bye to all of us. he never was able to bounce back from that injury... Shanahan said something like, "thats one of those guys you hate to see something like this happen too, he had so much potential." Davis told the media something like, "in my mind i know im ready to go and im in great physical shape, but my knee wont let me play." thats the story, to the best of my knowledge... someone might come here and correct me on a date or something but thats pretty much the tragedy we suffered.
    mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

    Comment


    • #3
      He was in AZ a while bak recovering from Micro-fracture surgery to help build up the tissue in his knees. This past week he was on the NFL Network talking about the games, his head was still shaved but he had a beard.
      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        espn played the back to back denver superbowl highlights on tv today, damn TD was tuff, its a shame his carrer was cut way to short, he was something special

        Comment


        • #5
          What happened to Terrell

          I read in the News letter on the Broncos site, that Terrell was put on Injured Reserves list, at the same time Buerlein was. Shanny O and Terrell talked, Terrell said after the surgery he would love to come back next season. I also understood that Shanny O said ok. Terrell is still very much alive and hoping to come back. I'm praying that he does, and hope he gets his injuries behind him.
          Last edited by goodluv4Broncos; 01-16-2004, 07:22 PM.
          Well, the one thing we always did when we went into a game against John Elway was that as a player, we had to expect the unexpected. That's the hard part that really can't be coached. And, that's the hard part of going against someone who's a great athlete. You can go against a guy that's a great quarterback and you can defend him. But, when you have to go against a great athlete like you were John, sometimes we couldn't prepare for the unexpected.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Re: Terrell Davis

            Originally posted by GoDenver
            forced into early retirement. back in '99 i think, he tore his acl or mcl, i seem to have forgotten which it was that he tore. you know what, now that i think about it, he tore both i think in his knee. and unfortunately he wasnt able to come back at 100%. he tried though, in 2000 and 2001. i was fortunate to catch him in 1 of the very few games he played in 2001 against the raiders in Denver and he had an excellent game! (we won too) he actually threw in the towell at the start of the 2000 year. at a Denver home game in the pre-season, he was introduced to all of us at home and came out wearing his gear but no helmet and was just waving bye to all of us. he never was able to bounce back from that injury... Shanahan said something like, "thats one of those guys you hate to see something like this happen too, he had so much potential." Davis told the media something like, "in my mind i know im ready to go and im in great physical shape, but my knee wont let me play." thats the story, to the best of my knowledge... someone might come here and correct me on a date or something but thats pretty much the tragedy we suffered.
            Forced into early retirement in 99 what TD were you keeping track of? He is still with the Broncos. TD plans on returning next season he underwent surgery again at the begining of the 2002/2003 season and he played and practiced with the Broncos, hey don't wish any bad luck on the man, he believes he can come back and so do I. Lets hope he does. TD and Steve Buerleine were placed on injury reserve about the same time. He told Shanny O that he would be back. Fronm what I read Shanny O was in agreement.
            Last edited by goodluv4Broncos; 01-16-2004, 07:53 PM.
            Well, the one thing we always did when we went into a game against John Elway was that as a player, we had to expect the unexpected. That's the hard part that really can't be coached. And, that's the hard part of going against someone who's a great athlete. You can go against a guy that's a great quarterback and you can defend him. But, when you have to go against a great athlete like you were John, sometimes we couldn't prepare for the unexpected.

            Comment


            • #7
              A football god:
              Originally posted by boltzpride619
              What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

              Originally posted by RunByDesign
              True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

              What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

              Answer: Championships.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Re: Re: Terrell Davis

                Originally posted by goodluv4Broncos
                Forced into early retirement in 99 what TD were you keeping track of? He is still with the Broncos. TD plans on returning next season he underwent surgery again at the begining of the 2002/2003 season and he played and practiced with the Broncos, hey don't wish any bad luck on the man, he believes he can come back and so do I. Lets hope he does. TD and Steve Buerleine were placed on injury reserve about the same time. He told Shanny O that he would be back. Fronm what I read Shanny O was in agreement.
                maybe you werent at the game when he waved bye to all of us. maybe you didnt know he destroyed his knee. maybe you didnt know he tried coming back 2 years in a row and was unable to play. maybe you didnt know he said although his heart and mind says he can go, his knee wont let him.
                seems like a bunch of maybe's to me. hey goodluv... a question was asked, "whatever happened to Terrell Davis," so i answered it. you're right, he's still on the roster and that guy's heart and determination is probably more powerfull than anyone else's but he WAS forced into early retirement. WAS. i'd love to see him come back.
                dont even accuse me of wishing bad luck on the one and only Terrell Davis, the man who single handedly founded a run game for our team. i answered the question, thats all. if there's a doctor on this planet that can put that man back in orange and on the field then dammit... Pat Bowlen better break out his check book. but like i said in the first place.... he was forced into early retirement. here's another maybe for you though. maybe you've seen him suit up the past couple years, guess i missed that game.
                mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Re: Re: Re: Terrell Davis

                  Originally posted by GoDenver
                  maybe you werent at the game when he waved bye to all of us. maybe you didnt know he destroyed his knee. maybe you didnt know he tried coming back 2 years in a row and was unable to play. maybe you didnt know he said although his heart and mind says he can go, his knee wont let him.
                  seems like a bunch of maybe's to me. hey goodluv... a question was asked, "whatever happened to Terrell Davis," so i answered it. you're right, he's still on the roster and that guy's heart and determination is probably more powerfull than anyone else's but he WAS forced into early retirement. WAS. i'd love to see him come back.
                  dont even accuse me of wishing bad luck on the one and only Terrell Davis, the man who single handedly founded a run game for our team. i answered the question, thats all. if there's a doctor on this planet that can put that man back in orange and on the field then dammit... Pat Bowlen better break out his check book. but like i said in the first place.... he was forced into early retirement. here's another maybe for you though. maybe you've seen him suit up the past couple years, guess i missed that game.
                  GoDenver I didn't mean any harm hon. There's a few others on here that you can't even voice your opinion about a player who you know is good, but has made some mistakes and they blame it all on that one player when in essence its 11 men on the field on any given Sunday responsible for winning games, not a one man team. Terrell Davis is in my book the only running back Colorado had that could take a licken and keep on ticken *chuckle* Thanks for setting me straight, but Terrell did try to come back and when he did he reinjured the other knee that took my heart. Now they're talking about Deltha O'neal not being any good and they hope he gets fired, since I have been watching football now for awhile, I don't know of a CB that doesn't miss a easy stop, and between you and I, we never will know of one that doesn't miss a WR getting his catch on. I will say this Deltha O'neal has speed and agility to move when he gets that ball, look for him to be around for awhile, contrary to
                  what our 67 post boy wonder has to say. GoDenver thanks for letting me air that out. I haven't seen him suit up except for doing preseason and he didn't play, the next I heard he was under going sugery on his left knee and Shanny O put him on injured reserve with Buerlein. Well next year they will go all the way, and I'll be right there with them.
                  Well, the one thing we always did when we went into a game against John Elway was that as a player, we had to expect the unexpected. That's the hard part that really can't be coached. And, that's the hard part of going against someone who's a great athlete. You can go against a guy that's a great quarterback and you can defend him. But, when you have to go against a great athlete like you were John, sometimes we couldn't prepare for the unexpected.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    okay. i was merely answering the question to the best of my knowledge and had i mistaken a date or something, i would stand to be corrected. i apologize for getting upset but all i read from your post, quite frankly was that, "i wished bad luck on Terrell Davis." but thank you for clarifying what you posted, i appreciate it.
                    mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      He is dearly missed and also I think he has been running like a company that delivers food products last time I heard in a pre-season Monday Night Game in 2002.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X