No announcement yet.

Colts Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarett did not play at all. The announcers said that Shanahan had stated he might not even make the team, so I guess we will see. I'm sure he'll play next week, he better make an impression or he might be gone. Be a waste of a third round draft pick if they do cut him.

Comment

I think it's cool Mike Anderson gets to put his full name on his jersey.

Maybe now all those so-called expert sports analists will stop forgetting he's our starting tailback!

Comment

First of all, there was no Champ Bailey and Courtney Brown.

Secondly Darrent Williams was lined up against Marvin Harrison. C'mon.

Did you see Manning after he got sacked? Cuss words left right and center. Do you really think it was a pre-season game to him?

If anyone else noticed, Gerrard Warren and Mike Myers constantly collapsed the pocket on run and pass plays, especially on those stretch runs.

Darrent Williams was picked on constantly but played very well.

I'm a bit dissapointed with the offence. They should have been able to drive easily against a poor Colts defence.

Engleberger has to make the team. He is a non-stop motor and thats what the Broncos need.

Comment

No Dayne or Bell tonight?

Bummer dude!
          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

No Bell no Dayne.

Hopefully we will see both next week. Hopefully, Bell will only get the first half and Dayne the second half.
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
              I loved the play of Lelie. He made his usual long TD catch, but he also had the over the middle down low grab for about 20 yards.

Jake is playing lights out! No turnovers in 3 games and good decisions. It would be easy for him to kind of play reckless because its preseason, but he hasn't.

We had 3 or 4 turnovers. Walls forcing the fumble on Wayne, Devoe stripping the ball on the Kick off and the INT.
              Yeah, good play made by walls on the strip the ball play, of course he had to try something after getting turned around so bad on the wr's cut that it made him trip on his on legs and thus getting burned for the big catch, but good job making up for the big mistake.
              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

that was almost like the play that happened to us last season except in reverse. our guy was running towards endzone (bell i think) and the guy knocks the ball out into the endzone . i thought about that play when walls stripped wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by mecklenburger77
                  ...he better make an impression or he might be gone. Be a waste of a third round draft pick if they do cut him.
                  Clarett did make sort of an impression by waving his signing bonus in favor of some $7Million in playing insentives:
                  http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/8775236

-clearly a little over-confident for this stage of his career

As for wasting a third round pick- well hindsight's always 20/20. Obviously Shanahan and his staff was hoping he'd be worth the risk. And if he played up to his potential, getting him in the third round would seem very reasonable.
                  Besides, there's been many a first-rounder that have washed-out, so a third doesn't seem as bad.

What's more, if this 3rd Round gamble (Clarett) helped to motivate our former 1st Round acquistion (Dayne) to play up to and beyond expectations, then maybe the pick wasn't quite a waste afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyx
                    My boy looked pretty good out there. He led the broncs with 7 tackles, 2 assisted, and that great sack. However Walls had some nice plays too. How about that forced fumble on that almost guaranteed Wayne TD. I was impressed with Engelberger(sp). He had 6 tackles and 3 sacks.

Engleberger 4 sacks in 3 games and its not even 3 complete games. So far he is looking more and more like a "genius" pick up from the genius himself

Comment

Karl Paymah

I didn't get to see the game, but I checked out the site and it said that he set up the Colts for 1st and goal, besides that how did he do? I know he will get better, he's got to or I will tan his behind. Let me know something people.

by Snk16

Snk16 Thanks Playa

My kids name is Karl Paymah, so if you have a problem with him you come and talk to me!

Comment

Ashley Lelie # 1 WR ? ! ? !

Tonight seemed like Lelie's official breakout game. I have a feeling Rod Smith and Lelie will have a role reversal this year in the same way Issac Bruce and Torry Holt did in St. Louis. Rod will get a lot of key receptions and some touchdowns, but Lelie will be the clear go-to-guy, not just down the field like last year. It might sound wierd but I was just as happy with his shorter catches than with his long 40 yd td catch. Here's to Lelie becoming the MAN this year...

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos04Champs
                          Tonight seemed like Lelie's official breakout game. I have a feeling Rod Smith and Lelie will have a role reversal this year in the same way Issac Bruce and Torry Holt did in St. Louis. Rod will get a lot of key receptions and some touchdowns, but Lelie will be the clear go-to-guy, not just down the field like last year. It might sound wierd but I was just as happy with his shorter catches than with his long 40 yd td catch. Here's to Lelie becoming the MAN this year...
                          He did look good. He is showing he can do more than just go deep.

My favorite catch was the slant that he had to reach for down low and picked up about 20 yards. He looks like he is catching everything.

Comment

ever since lelie's been drafted hes been our deep go to guy, iv seen a couple big receptions by smith(oakland)... but lelie can catch the ball better over his sholder, id say he is our new go to guy

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                              He did look good. He is showing he can do more than just go deep.

My favorite catch was the slant that he had to reach for down low and picked up about 20 yards. He looks like he is catching everything.
                              Me too. I've always made excuses about this guy when it comes to everything BUT the deep ball, but I'm so happy for him now that he's about to make the big leap.

Comment

Im pumped for lelie caz you can tell hes matured by the way he actually rns more than 2 routes. He does them all now which is gonna realy help him for not only his reception count but now witht the cb cheating up he should catch even more deep balls.

Comment

Working...
                                X