No announcement yet.

Colts Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paymah is a sure tackler but to me it looks like he gives up too much space . i dont think he'll get beaten for long passes but he gives up way too much cushion in man coverage. Pretty much the same thung for foxworth and he got turned the wrong way alot tonight. Darent williams is a beast though
    Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Good lookin Aija

by Snk16

Snk16 Thanks Playa

My kids name is Karl Paymah, so if you have a problem with him you come and talk to me!

Comment

I am not too optimistic about the corners, there were definitely a lot of blown plays where if Peyton Manning was left in the game, things could have been a lot closer.
        First there was a slip by Lenny Walls that allowed Reggie Wayne to be wide open and almost score, it was quite amazing after slipping that Lenny was able to catch up and punch the ball out for a touchback. There was no safety help on this play, Denver was lucky.
        Next a “way out in the open” Reggie Wayne where Lenny Walls was no where to be found and John Lynch was four steps behind for an easy score.
        To top off the half, the open Marvin Harris tying the game was just another blown coverage allowing him to saunter into the end zone.
        During the third and fourth quarter, I guess the plays were expected due to the talent out there, Karl Paymah needs some work! And the best coverage probably couldn’t do anything for the perfect Sorgi pass to Pyat in the back corner of the end zone.

Comment

Paymah plays real aggresive, he just has to get used to refs calling it tho. He gave up a couple plays, but mainly got called every time he tried to play physical. Fox played good tonight, didnt get called on much but thats caz he was covering well.

Darent blew an assignment, but other than that, he played great.

Comment

Heck the first reply was just the corners, the defense had me worried during the second quarter!
            I see this Denver funk where there is no defensive penetration where the Colts couldn't run strait at them, but running to the outside, they were getting ahead of everyone and pulling out some good yardage, > 6 yards a shot!
            finally in the third quarter, the front line D showed up and started to disrupt the plays! I don't know if this was due to fatigue since at the same time the offense was pulling the three and out routine.

Comment

He had a great game... but I would still take Rod over him any day.

Comment

The two plays that Paymah blew (resulting in interference calls, I think all in the forth quarter) were rookie mistakes, not turning to look for the ball and flaying around into the receiver, and holding before the ball was thrown, where he may have been beaten. The Colts were working him, and he needs work.

Comment

Originally posted by jtwomey07
                  He had a great game... but I would still take Rod over him any day.
                  Well, luckily for us we got both of them all year long, I'm just saying it is starting to look like Rod is preparing to pass the torch to Lelie; now that Lelie is ready to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by C Fizzle
                    I like MA but I would still rather see Tatum. I just think he can make so much more happen in between the 20's then Anderson.
                    Yeah...that 93 yarder Anderson ripped off was pretty dull.
                    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

MA is our Back this year, period.

With that 93 yard run, Anderson proved he could do the only thing that people thought Tatum could do and he couldn't; break off a huge run for a TD... I think Anderson gets the starting job and keeps it all year, and he deserves it. Tatum for this year should split time with Q and Dayne as the Backup and 3rd Down backs. It's a team sport, and humility might be good for Bell... I think Tatum will play at least half the game next week and show why he is the rb of the future, but I believe Anderson showed why he is the RB of the present...Hang in there tater die-hards, his day will come.

Comment

Wow

Wow, this thread turned into some whole Chiefs Defense thread, but whatever, Way to Go Mike Anderson, you played amazing. As I posted in the tatum Bell thread, he earned the starting job and I say he keeps it all year. Oh and by the way, CHiefs-Fan, that was a very nice run by Larry Johnson. I admit I was a little annoyed when Sportscenter informed me that MA's 93 yarder wasn't the longest of the night, but hey I'll take it
                        I gotta say this game has me in a great mood, so here's to all you Bronco-fans Let's go have a great season

Comment

And lo there shall come a day, when the thread shall be split in twain, and non-Andersons references shall be exiled to a new thread about KC blatherings, thus allowing this thread to stay on track.

People this is thread not a vehicle for jacking.

Thank you.
                          The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                            And lo there shall come a day, when the thread shall be split in twain, and non-Andersons references shall be exiled to a new thread about KC blatherings, thus allowing this thread to stay on track.
                            LOL, nice...
                            By the way, I love the big Elway head, classic.
                            Last edited by Elway; 08-28-2005, 12:05 AM.

Comment

With Champ not playing, and us going up against Peyton "49 flippin td's" Manning, even the most cautious bronco-fan has to be feeling pretty good about this D. I'm not so cautious so I'm enjoying this well into the night (2am now)
                              heres some more beer since im so giddy ive been beering at the end of all my posts tonight

Comment

Our passing game looked HORRIBLE!

Save for the few catches that Lelie had, our passing game looked p!ss poor and ineffective. Our TEs seemed heavily underutilized, and why oh why don't we run more screen plays? How many times in the past few years have you seen our RB/FB scamper out of the backfield wide open, only for Jake to look elsewhere?

Our D and our running game looked damn good, but our passing game is still suspect IMO. If only Watts could hold onto the damn football......the guy twists up DBs on nearly every play....he's the missing piece to our offense. IF he can get better hands. I've been hard on him, and Van Pelt DID underthrow that pass tonight but I DO realize the guy has enormous potential. Hopefull things work out for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X