Lets keep thing in perspective...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets keep thing in perspective...

I'm already seeing tons of threads regarding today Chiefs/Colts game. Plenty of people are talking so much crap toward the Chiefs fans... But, realistically speaking... At least the Chiefs were able to keep Manning on the field for the whole game this week... Last week, the Broncos couldn't even do that. I mean... How many minutes did Manning sit out of the 4th quarter last week. At least the Chiefs offense, made a game of it. Ours sure as H*ll didn't last week. Granted... The Broncos committed plently of penalties, last week, which kinda prevented the offense from really getting on track. But, again... At least this weeks game was more competitive than last weeks.

Now I'm sure that I'll be lambasted, by some Broncos fans, for this thread. But... I prefer to keep things in perspective...

Another thing I've noticed on this forum... Is that when you show/give respect to opposing teams fans, more often than not, you get more respect back. Example: dhall26 and I used to have it out a few times... But now... We have more respect for each. Why? Because we both realize... That were both football fans, regardless of our teams final standings.... Sure, we still talk sh*t from time to time. But, we both understand that it's all in good fun.

To Troll this board, talking crap about other fans teams... Makes you no better than the Trolls who come here from other teams.

Go Broncos... We"ll get em next year!

Good post...

The cheif fans didn't have to come back here to get a dose of medicine. Let's give them some credit for showing up here.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Seriously though, I admitted we sucked last week. Now lets see how many Chiefs fans can admit the same (though to a lesser degree) this week.
      sigpic
      Kyle Orton Army Soldier #888

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
        Good post...

The cheif fans didn't have to come back here to get a dose of medicine. Let's give them some credit for showing up here.
        Absolutly! Just like last week... Nothing anyone has to say that will make todays game feel worse. Last week, I was most upset after the game was over, not when I started reading the trolls posts.
        Last edited by COOLTOOL; 01-11-2004, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Excuses or not We didn't have a week off to prepare , we still had to fly to G.B. depending on how you see that game. We also didn't have homefield advantage , I truly believe a different outcome or tight game goes with those two items. So bashing we aren't, we all said the Chiefs would lose in the 1st round when we destroyed them on the ground and exposed that defense and that is exactly what happened.

Comment

I just pray Greg Robinson is done and we get someone else in K.C. as defensive coordinator. I would also like 8 new starters on defence next year as an early Christmas present for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by DieWithMileHigh
              Excuses or not We didn't have a week off to prepare , we still had to fly to G.B. depending on how you see that game. We also didn't have homefield advantage , I truly believe a different outcome or tight game goes with those two items. So bashing we aren't, we all said the Chiefs would lose in the 1st round when we destroyed them on the ground and exposed that defense and that is exactly what happened.
              Not to mention that we played a team that was foaming at the mouth and ready for us after the beating they got handed two weeks before.
              sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu
                I just pray Greg Robinson is done and we get someone else in K.C. as defensive coordinator. I would also like 8 new starters on defence next year as an early Christmas present for next year.
                At least you talked a about getting new def starters. Yes Robinson should probably be gone, but at some point in that game he had to tell his players just to tackle the person with the ball and they couldnt even do that. Robinson system didnt work, but the players on the field suck as much as he does.

Comment

Re: Lets keep thing in perspective...

Originally posted by COOLTOOL
                  To Troll this board, talking crap about other fans teams... Makes you no better than the Trolls who come here from other teams.
                  what?! no way. other teams and their fans are crap.

j/k
                  sigpic
                  go broncos
                  share the sidewalk
                  liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Aww, come one, let me rub it in just a little, pleasssseeeee.

It's not like the Chiefies on this board havent done their fair share of smack talkin.....

But you are right, they put up way more points than we did, so we dont have much to talk about. Did anyone catch Shannon Sharpe after the game, in studio, raggin on the Chiefs defense, and as he was talkin all I could think was "Shannon, we are the last team who should be callin another teams defense pathetic." But then he threw in "our team was just as pathetic...." But still, I thought he shouldnt have been that harsh against KC seeings how we got our asses whooped a hell of a lot worse just the week before. But leave it to Shannon. You gotta love him....(or hate him)

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
                      Aww, come one, let me rub it in just a little, pleasssseeeee.

It's not like the Chiefies on this board havent done their fair share of smack talkin.....

But you are right, they put up way more points than we did, so we dont have much to talk about. Did anyone catch Shannon Sharpe after the game, in studio, raggin on the Chiefs defense, and as he was talkin all I could think was "Shannon, we are the last team who should be callin another teams defense pathetic." But then he threw in "our team was just as pathetic...." But still, I thought he shouldnt have been that harsh against KC seeings how we got our asses whooped a hell of a lot worse just the week before. But leave it to Shannon. You gotta love him....(or hate him)
                      hehee...love that Shannon Sharpe..he's da man!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                        hehee...love that Shannon Sharpe..he's da man!
                        hmmm I didn't see those comments. That would have been funny.
                        Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
                          Did anyone catch Shannon Sharpe after the game, in studio, raggin on the Chiefs defense, and as he was talkin all I could think was "Shannon, we are the last team who should be callin another teams defense pathetic." But then he threw in "our team was just as pathetic...." But still, I thought he shouldnt have been that harsh against KC seeings how we got our asses whooped a hell of a lot worse just the week before. But leave it to Shannon. You gotta love him....(or hate him)
                          Like it or not, I think CBS is gearing up to give him a position on the show as a broadcaster. This was just a "taste" to see how the public would react to his thoughts / abilities.

I think it's safe to say that we can wave "bye bye" to the Hulk in the off season

Note: I wouldn't feel one iota of crappiness in dogging the Chef fans today, however, the only ones that are left after our game in December are the decent ones ( Norm, Kronin, ect..) This coupled with the fact that we were destroyed a week ago by this same team will keep my trollish comments to a minimum.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                          ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Working...
                          X