Haven't seen this today....history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't seen this today....history

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not.....

This Date in NFL History

January 11, 1987 -- Denver quarterback John Elway engineers "The Drive." Trailing Cleveland 20-13 with 5:32 remaining in the AFC championship game, Elway marches the Broncos 98 yards on 15 plays to force overtime, then moves Denver 60 yards on nine plays on their first possession of overtime to set up Rich Karlis' game-winning 33-yard field goal in the Broncos' 23-20 victory.
    "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Yup 17 years ago, a day that will live in infamy in Cleveland....

um... er... providing they remember the day it occurred.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

I suppose you guys have forgotten what happened the next game.

Comment

Yeah we made it to the first of 5 superbowls since then. How about you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
          Yeah we made it to the first of 5 superbowls since then. How about you guys?
          Owned.

Comment

The Drive is like Carlton Fisk's homerun in game 6 of the 1975 World Series. The Red Sox choked a 3 run lead in the 9th the next night and lost the series. You never see that part.

Comment

Ok in keeping that analogy, when was the last time the Chiefs made it to the "World Series"

Comment

The Royals have won the World Series. How about the Rockies?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_Jimmy
                  The Royals have won the World Series. How about the Rockies?
                  And how many Stanley Cups have the Kansas City a . ERRrrrr. Oh yeah! YOU DON'T Have a Hockey team. Or an NBA team. Besides, I thought I told you to get your fat ass back in the kitchen and make me some barbeque!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofanjp
                    And how many Stanley Cups have the Kansas City a . ERRrrrr. Oh yeah! YOU DON'T Have a Hockey team. Or an NBA team. Besides, I thought I told you to get your fat ass back in the kitchen and make me some barbeque!
                    Hey Chef Jimmy! You Loose! Yep, Another home playoff game. PLEASE keep Greg Robinson, ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofanjp
                      And how many Stanley Cups have the Kansas City a
                      You got lucky stealing an already talented team.

Who cares about hockey anyway? It's like soccer. It's not even an American sport.

Comment

KC had the KC Scouts hockey team they couln't support, a minor league hockey team that left, the KC Kings NBA team they couldn't keep. A Royals team that drew horribly even when they were in a playoff run this year.
                        KC is definately a one horse town and that team hasn't even made it to the big game in over 30 years.

Pretty sad and please don't compare Hockey to Soccer!
                        Last edited by JayhawkBronco; 01-11-2004, 03:16 PM.
                        "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Sorry. I lost my composure. But that was fun. I feel much better! P.S. I thought there was a smack talk forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_Jimmy
                            You got lucky stealing an already talented team.

Who cares about hockey anyway? It's like soccer. It's not even an American sport.
                            Hockey is like SUCK Errrrrrrrr? That's like saying the Daytona 500 is like driving down the highway. Cheers to tears in your beers!

Comment

Working...
                            X