No announcement yet.

2005 NFL Predictions (post here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY FRIEND PREDICTS .. ( hes a titan fan )

AFC EAST
    Patriots 11-5*
    Jets 10-6*
    Bills 8-8
    Dolphins 3-13

AFC NORTH
    Ravens 12-4**
    Steelers 10-6*
    Bengals 8-8
    Browns 2-14

AFC SOUTH
    Colts 12-4*
    Texans 8-8
    Jaguars 8-8
    Titans 6-10

AFC WEST
    Broncos 12-4**
    Chargers 10-6
    Chiefs 8-8
    Raiders 6-10

NFC EAST
    Eagles 13-3**
    Cowboys 9-7*
    Giants 6-10
    Redskins 5-11

NFC NORTH
    Vikings 11-5**
    Lions 9-7*
    Packers 9-7
    Bears 5-11

NFC SOUTH
    Falcons 11-5*
    Saints 8-8
    Panthers 8-8
    Buccaneers 6-10

NFC WEST
    Seahawks 10-6*
    Rams 8-8
    Cardinals 6-10
    49ers 2-14

AFC WILDCARDS - Steelers, Jets

NFC WILDCARDS - Cowboys, Lions

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP - Broncos over Ravens (17-14)

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP - Eagles over Vikings (24-17)

Superbowl XL - Eagles over Broncos (28-21)

Comment

wtf

i dont see how neone can have us at or below 10-6 thats as good as last yr... i think we look wonderful this yr i will have to say we will go 14-2 we will beat the eagles in the SB, the faiders will be 1-15(losers) and the redskins will be 3-13 and we will get the 31st and 2nd picks in the draft...which we will trade for a few good players... or we will get reggie bush from usc

Comment

il chief just shut up... i already know we won this division its just gettin past indy... which u cant harass us about cuz, u guys cant even make it...so its all bout that and i feel good about makein it this yr we did some really good things over the off season

Comment

Originally posted by IL_Chiefs_X82
          Only way Denver is going to the Superbowl is to buy a ticket.

Hey, how's that "3 year plan" working for you guys??

Comment

The thing that makes no sense whatsoever is the Browns.

They improve. The teams outlook improves. The team mentality improves. They have awesome coaches and the team has really gelled and looks good. Yet, you all have the team being worse than last year?!
            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Yes . . .

Originally posted by Dawgfan
              The thing that makes no sense whatsoever is the Browns.

They improve. The teams outlook improves. The team mentality improves. They have awesome coaches and the team has really gelled and looks good. Yet, you all have the team being worse than last year?!
              A number of us here can empathize with you, or should be able to. It is the same as the evaluation others (and some of us, unfortunately) have made of our defense. We have overhauled our Dline, as you know, bringing players superior to what we have. This was borne out by our cutting two of last year's starters (Fatafehi and Palepoi). Our best lineman (Pryce) returns to health. Our linebackers, who were good last year, improve so much that we cut a starter of last year there, too, and a 2nd stringer. Moreover, our #2 CB returns to health, improving that unit so much that we ship off last year's nickle back.

Yet our defense has improved only slightly, and the team maybe not at all?

The point is, we, of all people, ought to be cognizant enough to recognize improvements such as the Browns have made. Not to do so would put us in the same class as the "idiots" who have erroneously assessed our team and would also make hypocrites out of us.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by IL_Chiefs_X82
                How are they different this year? Still don't have a defense to shut the Colts down, still don't have an offense that can outscore the Colts. To beat the Colts, you have to have one of those factors and Denver has neither.
                Well, I think we DO have a defense to shut the Colts down, and I think we have an offense that if it needs to, could outscore the Colts, but it won't need to because the defense. And that is if we even play the Colts in the playoffs. You are a chiefs fan so obviously you won't agree with me, but I expect the Broncos to have a bye in the first round, and the Chiefs to miss the playoffs completely.

Comment

I will do as best I can to explain why I feel the Browns will do better. First off, last year the teams problem I feel was not talent-wise. It was just the teams mentality. They had a coach that caused friction in the locker room. The players didn't want to speak their mind or anything - for fear of being cut by Davis. Now Crennell is in charge and has changed the mentality in the locker room. Players are actually enjoying themselved now, playing football. Everything has changed. The team has embraced its history and is bringing back the alumni. Such as Kosar mentoring Frye and Jim Brown filling the role of Team Advisor or such. Basically he is on the sideline and gives pep talk to the team. Bob Golic and Brian Brennan are sideline reporters for the team. Everything has a more professional feel to it. So after all these changes everything still thinks the team is going to be the worst Browns team in their history? Tied with the 99 team at 2-14? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The Browns franchise is not an expansion team anymore. It hasn't been since 2000.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Just taking a look back at my predictions. I was off on a lot of it, but i got the Broncos record right on the money!! So i wasn't crazy for picking the Broncos to go 13-3!

It goes to show that just because a team looks good on paper doesn't mean they'll be a great team. And also injuries will break a team, like the Jets and Packers.

Just kind of fun to look back at some predictions and where those teams ended up.

Comment

My predictions on 12/20 for the final 8

NFC - Skins, Seahawks, Bears, Giants
                      AFC - Colts, Steelers, Pats, Broncos

I'll be in Vegas, always prefer the Divisional Playoffs there instead of the circus of the SB. It's like 4 SB's instead of 1.

Comment

Working...
                      X