will anyone ever repeat again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will anyone ever repeat again?

I've been thinking about our repeat super bowls and began to wonder when that will happen again. With other teams taking all the super bowl winner players, how do you repeat now. Players switch teams so frequently that it's hard to replace the players lost. Look at the super bowl champs since we won. Most didn't fare to well the next year. What does everyone else think.
    KEEP THE FAITH IN THE BRONCOS!!!

I believe that it will happen again. I think that Indy or even the fricken Pats have a good chance at a repeat if they make it this year unfortunately.
    Got JESUS?!!!!!

Comment

I think that with the Pats, they win with good defense. It seems that whenever a good defense comes along, offenses expose it the next year. If you run the same defense it will get exposed. As for Indy, I think they will get beat more unless they beef up their defense a little. They are pretty easy to run on. Jost my thoughts though.

Comment

Yeah you could be right. We will see what happens. No question that repeating will be very tough no matter the team!!!!
        Got JESUS?!!!!!

Comment

Sooo true tattood1. It will be tough, but fun to watch for.

Comment

I am already looking forward to next year!!!!!!!!!!
            Got JESUS?!!!!!

Comment

I am sure some team will repeat again. No one knows when or which team it will be but I am almost positive it will happen again. Hopefully its us Broncos that are the next to repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23
                I am sure some team will repeat again. No one knows when or which team it will be but I am almost positive it will happen again. Hopefully its us Broncos that are the next to repeat.
                It will happen again, dont forget the Broncos Superbowls happend during the free agency years. Denver benifited from free agency on more than a few players. Most players after moving to a new team sighn at least a 3 year contract living the chances of a back to back championship very much alive.

Comment

Re: will anyone ever repeat again?

Originally posted by SoCalDenverFan
                  I've been thinking about our repeat super bowls and began to wonder when that will happen again. With other teams taking all the super bowl winner players, how do you repeat now. Players switch teams so frequently that it's hard to replace the players lost. Look at the super bowl champs since we won. Most didn't fare to well the next year. What does everyone else think.
                  You make a good point, however, its still possible. It has always been difficult to repeat, but if a team has its key players locked up in long term contracts its not impossible to repeat. It just the right team has not come along to do that. If I'm not mistaken, when Steelers repeated in '79 I don't think anyone other team had back to back Super Bowl wins until the 49ers did in '88 and '89.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

the cowboys went back 2 back under jimmy johnson n won 3 outta 4 SB's in the 90's......

Comment

If a team can keep thier core of productive players a team has a good chance to repeat. NFL teams are so quick to cannibalize each others, and the players are willing to jump as long as the price is right. The eagles have made it to 3 NFC title games, they would have a great shot if they can get over the damn hump.
                      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

I think Indy has the best chance to repeat if they win. They are a young team... and with Tony Dungy and his defensive mindset intact, they will most definately improve next year. I see this as the only chink in the armor. Mark my words... Peyton is only going to get better in the coming years. This year will be the start of a dynasty.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                        ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
                          I think Indy has the best chance to repeat if they win. They are a young team... and with Tony Dungy and his defensive mindset intact, they will most definately improve next year. I see this as the only chink in the armor. Mark my words... Peyton is only going to get better in the coming years. This year will be the start of a dynasty.

Nuff said...
                          Too bad Peyton won't be in a COLTS uniform!
                          [QUOTE]
                          If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Broncos could repeat becasue we have young talent who are relitively nobodies so nobody would offer them cash to get them to leave.
                            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Somebody will repeat again...they have to. The AFC Playoff consisted of:

Denver
                              Tennessee
                              Baltimore
                              Indianapolis
                              New England
                              KC

Besides KC and the Colts....those team have been in the big show the last 5 years.

the NFC is different....their conference has Parity written ALL OVER IT.

Dallas
                              Carolina
                              Green Bay
                              Seattle
                              St. Louis
                              Philadephia

Besides Carolina and Seattle...the other teams have had success in the playoffs...so there is a good chance that these perenial playoff teams can make it to the Super Bowl and win back to back if the opportunity is there.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Working...
                              X