This was the easiest Broncos' debacle for me to get over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was the easiest Broncos' debacle for me to get over

My wife and I were on the second day of a western Caribbean cruise for our anniversary when I insisted on watching the Broncos-Colts game. Luckily, that day was entirely at sea so my foul mood didn't spoil anything crucial. Well, except for dinner that night; I couldn't really taste my food for the bad taste in my mouth thanks to the pounding the Broncos received.

But, after a bumpy night on the ocean, I hardly thought about the Broncos game again until we got back. So, my advice to you all is to take a cruise every time the Broncos have a disaster like that one. It really helps!

I was sad that I couldn't check this forum to commiserate with my fellow Broncos fans. Were there quite a few people calling for Shanahan's head? I was obviously disappointed but not entirely surprised that the Broncos got hammered; despite the Broncos' win two weeks earlier, I still thought the defense didn't match up well at all with the Colts' offense. It was our offensive futility that caught me off guard.

Oh, well. My hopes and expectations are much higher for next season. But the off-season is just so freakin' long!
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

You were on vacation and, apparently, so were the Broncos...

I think everyone had responsibility for that disaster-from Shanahan and the play calling of the various coaches to the offensive line not being able to spring Portis to the defense not being able to stop the Colts...so much to that game...

The infamous point when Marvin Harrison got up and ran in for the touchdown just summed up a horrible day.
    Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Re: This was the easiest Broncos' debacle for me to get over

Originally posted by Javalon
      But, after a bumpy night on the ocean
      you old dog you!
      sigpic
      go broncos
      share the sidewalk
      liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Let me get this straight Jav, biggest game of the year for the Broncos and all you can do is think of yourself. Sipping Mai Tai's, lounging in the sun, eating like a King. Couldn't you at least have invited Peyton, or Edgerrin, or Marvin? Apparently you invited the Broncos brains.

Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Jav,

Gratz on the anniversary. A cruise on the Carribean is certain to keep the spice in a marriage ( as I believe you denoted to with your "bumpy night" ).

Yep... plenty of "Shanny needs to die" posts went out, but a few of us stood up for him and what he's accomplished since he's been here. Am hoping the off season won't take quite as long as you speculate. I enjoy coming here to enjoy the conversations.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
          ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
            Yep... plenty of "Shanny needs to die" posts went out, but a few of us stood up for him and what he's accomplished since he's been here. Am hoping the off season won't take quite as long as you speculate. I enjoy coming here to enjoy the conversations.
            Yeah, I wished I'd been here to defend Shanny because I was fairly certain he was getting toasted as bad as the Broncos secondary was in the game. While I had hopes for a surprise run this offseason, I have been pinning my hopes on next season for the Broncos to seriously challenge. And if we have better luck in the injury department next year, I think we'll be one of the best teams.

To me, the offseason is an eternity every year. I like the NBA and MLB okay but I don't enjoy any other spectator sport like I do football and the NFL. The six months between seasons seems more like six years. It would've been nice to get an extra three weeks from the Broncos but the Colts throttled that possibility. Oh, well. At least the Chiefs couldn't stop Manning and Co. either.
            ------

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
              Let me get this straight Jav, biggest game of the year for the Broncos and all you can do is think of yourself. Sipping Mai Tai's, lounging in the sun, eating like a King. Couldn't you at least have invited Peyton, or Edgerrin, or Marvin? Apparently you invited the Broncos brains.

Heh, if I'd known for the Broncos would open against the Colts, I surely would have sent out the invitations. But they probably would've turned me down since they seem to have their sights set on going to Houston, instead.
              ------

Comment

Working...
              X