Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plummer will show them all this year

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Plummer will show them all this year

    I have to say that I believe that Jake will have a great season. He won't be able to silence the morons that will always talk about him like he is still in AZ, but he will show us, the true fans, that he is the right QB for the Broncos. I expect about 30 TD passes or more and atleast a playoff win at home.

  • #2
    Originally posted by OrangeCrush1874
    I have to say that I believe that Jake will have a great season. He won't be able to silence the morons that will always talk about him like he is still in AZ, but he will show us, the true fans, that he is the right QB for the Broncos. I expect about 30 TD passes or more and atleast a playoff win at home.
    The problem with Jake is that he's very inconsistent. He'll make a great great play, then he'll shoot himself (and the Broncos) in the foot. I don't know that he sees the field as well as he should to be honest. He had a great season last year, but he still had a lot of turnovers.

    Comment


    • #3
      IMO I think Jake is a great QB, maybe inconsistant sometimes..but everyone around him needs to be consistant too! I think everyone needs to step up so we can be a more complete team...on both sides of the ball.....but remember this is just IMO.

      Comment


      • #4
        Please, Jake prove us all wrong...WIN A PLAYOFF GAME... All I can say is that when he's on, he's on, when he's off, he's wayyy off...
        fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by broncofan303
          Please, Jake prove us all wrong...WIN A PLAYOFF GAME... All I can say is that when he's on, he's on, when he's off, he's wayyy off...
          Um . . . win a playoff game? You think he might have to have some help there?

          Say, from the defense?

          -----

          Comment


          • #6
            Remember when Montana left the 49ers and Young had that monkey on his back for a while until he won the Super Bowl? Thats what I think about with Jake ( not the player comparisons ) but the situation. Once Jake wins a playoff game, it doesn't have to be the super bowl, he will have the critics off of him. I think you are right and it will be this year.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by watchthemiddle
              Remember when Montana left the 49ers and Young had that monkey on his back for a while until he won the Super Bowl? Thats what I think about with Jake ( not the player comparisons ) but the situation. Once Jake wins a playoff game, it doesn't have to be the super bowl, he will have the critics off of him. I think you are right and it will be this year.
              Plummer has already "won" a playoff game.

              And he did it with much less talent around him.

              Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

              The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jared
                Plummer has already "won" a playoff game.

                And he did it with much less talent around him.

                Ya, but in Denver. He needs to do it here surrounded by a lot of talent. He did it before with no talent, so really he has no excuse

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                  Ya, but in Denver. He needs to do it here surrounded by a lot of talent. He did it before with no talent, so really he has no excuse
                  Um . . . . did you get the part about the defense?

                  -----

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by topscribe
                    Um . . . . did you get the part about the defense?

                    -----

                    Ya I got it, and I am not bashing Jake. I am just taking the objective approach all of these critics have. He does need a defense and he needs guys to catch the ball, and he needs a effective running game.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by topscribe
                      Um . . . win a playoff game? You think he might have to have some help there?

                      Say, from the defense?

                      -----
                      Exactly. Especially in the 2004 Playoff game, Jake played fine. Especially for being down so big so early and having to abandon the running game. We can't expect him to get us 49 points. I don't even want us to be one of those Colts, Chiefs, and now Raiders kind of teams. No Defense, let's just try to win a shootout every time. That's lame, and as long as teams with at least Top 10 defenses go to the playoffs (Steelers, Patriots, Ravens) then there is no way that style of play will win a title. Just because the Rams did it like 5 years ago doesn't mean it's going to work now. But don't tell that to the Colts, who seem pretty convinced that they will win a title if they just keep doing the exact same thing each year. And no, Corey Simon isn't the "missing link", that is total garbage. Defense wins championships. For example, if we would have spent all our money on offensive players that past 2 years, we would of probably beat the Colts in the playoffs, but the Patriots would have beaten us because they have a defense and we wouldn't have one. Just because the Colts have beat us the past 2 years doesn't mean they are doing anything the right way. In my opinion, the 2003 playoff loss was the defense's fault, so we went out and made some changes (Champ Bailey) Then in 2004 the playoff loss was still the defenses fault so we went out and made more changes (Ian Gold, Better D-Lineman) If Jake was as inconsistent as some of you say he is, we wouldn't have even made the playoffs the past 2 years. It's not easy to be 10-6 in the AFC. Let's look at facts here. Since coming to the Broncos, Jake has taken us to the playoffs both years. He has posted 10-6 records both years. Sounds pretty consistent to me. So until I see Jake playing Safety and blowing coverages, let's put the blame where it belongs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Broncos04Champs
                        Exactly. Especially in the 2004 Playoff game, Jake played fine. Especially for being down so big so early and having to abandon the running game. We can't expect him to get us 49 points. I don't even want us to be one of those Colts, Chiefs, and now Raiders kind of teams. No Defense, let's just try to win a shootout every time. That's lame, and as long as teams with at least Top 10 defenses go to the playoffs (Steelers, Patriots, Ravens) then there is no way that style of play will win a title. Just because the Rams did it like 5 years ago doesn't mean it's going to work now. But don't tell that to the Colts, who seem pretty convinced that they will win a title if they just keep doing the exact same thing each year. And no, Corey Simon isn't the "missing link", that is total garbage. Defense wins championships. For example, if we would have spent all our money on offensive players that past 2 years, we would of probably beat the Colts in the playoffs, but the Patriots would have beaten us because they have a defense and we wouldn't have one. Just because the Colts have beat us the past 2 years doesn't mean they are doing anything the right way. In my opinion, the 2003 playoff loss was the defense's fault, so we went out and made some changes (Champ Bailey) Then in 2004 the playoff loss was still the defenses fault so we went out and made more changes (Ian Gold, Better D-Lineman) If Jake was as inconsistent as some of you say he is, we wouldn't have even made the playoffs the past 2 years. It's not easy to be 10-6 in the AFC. Let's look at facts here. Since coming to the Broncos, Jake has taken us to the playoffs both years. He has posted 10-6 records both years. Sounds pretty consistent to me. So until I see Jake playing Safety and blowing coverages, let's put the blame where it belongs.

                        Good points, kind of hard to read but good points.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Broncos04Champs
                          let's put the blame where it belongs.
                          Ok, I still blame the playoff loss to the playcalling. You have to mix up some zone coverages in there. Do not blitz everyone and leave man on man coverage. Manning will easily audible out and throw a slant. That's what he's best at. The broncos are at their best when they run the ball. If the opposing team scores immediately, don't abandon the run. Plummer is best doing playaction...You cannot become one dimensional!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Do you really think any team could of gone into the RCA dome and beat the Colts?
                            The defense did their best, but if you go and fight Ali in his backyard you have your cards stacked up against you.......
                            If the Colts would of had all their playoff games in their dome do you think New England could of beat em?
                            Shanahan is a genius and he is looking to strengthen his secondary, but I do regret to inform my fellow broncomaniacs that if we have to go into the Colts dome again this year....................
                            Lights Out! (Elway would have a hard time winning there)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Have you guys ever heard of the theory that the offense is the defense... the longer your offense stays on the field the more rest your defensive players get and most importantly the other teams offense is off the field...

                              At the start at the game, we simply weren't really moving the ball and we didn't control the with our running game... I'm not making excuses for our Defense, but it would be nice to have your offense move down the field and get some points...Yes the D shouldn't allow 21 points, but there should be no reason why we couldn't move up and down the field on the Colts D...

                              So I'm not really blamming it all on Jake, but he is our QB, you'd expect this guy to make plays and lead our team down the field...
                              fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X