Plummer will show them all this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shrugging Galt
    Apples to apples my friend. I thought we were dicussing Plummer.

By the way, why dont you explain to me why Elway didnt want to go to Baltimore.
    Simple. Didn't have anything to do with the organization of Baltimore. It had EVERYTHING to do with the coach of Baltimore at the time.

John's dad was a football coach. The head coach for Baltimore and John's Dad (John) had some serious issues. John Sr. had some problems with the Coach of Baltimore..issues that were deep (having to do with Football and work).

Now. Imagine this. You are at home. You see your dad going through some VERY rough times. You seem him distrought, you seem him hurt, you see him angry. You know its because of this ONE person that has brought so much trouble into your dad's life. You grow up knowing your dad has a serious "hate" for this particular person because of the deceit that your dad felt this person had used.

Now when you get older, you get a chance to persue your life dream.. however.. you are 'picked' by the VERY MAN that caused your dad so much pain, hurt, and anger in his life. John was also drafted by the New York Yankees. So John Jr. had a choice. He could go and make a TON of money playing for the New York Yankees, or he could go play his passion sport, with the ONE man he feels caused a lot of pain to his dad.

John simply chose to play for the Yankees instead of allowing himself to have to work for that particular man.

Does that make sense?
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 12-03-2005, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shrugging Galt
      Let me start with

Why can’t you see that as soon as Jake came to a PROFESSIONALLY run NFL franchise he is putting up numbers close to or as same as Elway!

You pretend that organizations don’t affect the situation. Case in point... Elway not going to the Colts, Manning not going to the Chargers. Why do you think they didn’t want to go there? The weather? The food? The women? Let me tell you, it’s because they knew their careers would have been different. That’s why.

If you don’t care what he did in the past, then it should only be fair that you look at what he's done since he became a Bronco. I could insert stats but that’s pointless, I'm sure you would just dismiss them with, a "well, he hasn’t won a playoff game" Blah, Blah, Blah. Whatever.

Now let’s talk improvements.
      1) Jake needed to improve on interceptions - Check
      2) Jake needed to improve in the red zone - Check
      3) Jake needed to manage the game better - Check
      4) Jake needed to have a higher complete ion % - Check
      5) Jake needs a higher win % up to this point - Check
      6) Jake needed to perform better in the pocket - Check

Last and most importantly, Jake needed the Broncos and the Broncos needed Jake
      Guess I need to show the link for those that haven't mastered the forum........

Jake's bronco stats
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe
        Two of the minor reasons:

1. John wanted to stay in the west.
        2. John did not particularly like Robert Irsay, the owner of the Colts.

However, those factors would not have prevented absolutely John's playing for the Colts. The main reason is as below:

Frank Kush (a former ASU coach, BTW) was head coach of the Baltimore Colts. John's dad Jack bitterly hated Kush, and by extension so did John. There was no amount of money, nor no favorable location, that would have persuaded John to play for Kush. Not in this lifetime. He told them that before the draft ever took place. When the draft came around and the Colts selected Elway, he said fine, I'll take up a baseball career . . . . and contrary to what I have read on these boards, Elway was a very good baseball player. Of course, Irsay did not want to lose his investment in the first overall pick in the draft, so he shopped Elway around. Elway almost became a Cowboy, and he nearly became a Charger. However, the Broncos offered the Colts their first pick, offensive guard Chris Hinton, their fourth round draft pick, quarterback Mark Herrman, and $1 million. The rest, as they say, is history.

BTW, Herrman busted, but Hinton went onto several Pro Bowls and, I believe, All-Pro status.

There you have it.

-----
        Thanks.
        I retract my statement about Elway not wanting to go to a bad situation.
        "We the unwilling, led by the unqualified, have been doing so much for so long with so little, will now attempt the impossible with nothing"

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC
          SG, Top has just beaten you down like a red headed step child three or four times now don't think its time just let it go?
          Probably, but I cant.
          "We the unwilling, led by the unqualified, have been doing so much for so long with so little, will now attempt the impossible with nothing"

Comment

• Don't give up SG to the old man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan
              Don't give up SG to the old man.
              I'm not.

Its funny though, that they still havnt really answered any of my post.

Comment

• Shrugging Galt

Look, I'm not sparring or engaging in smack with you. I was only endeavoring to make a point.

You are seemingly a very sharp person, and it's good to see you on the boards.

Keep up the good work.

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe
                  Look, I'm not sparring or engaging in smack with you. I was only endeavoring to make a point.

You are seemingly a very sharp person, and it's good to see you on the boards.

Keep up the good work.

-----
                  Same to you.

In the end, all we really want is a SB win.

For whatever reasons each of us wants it, no one can say that the reason the other wants it is better or worse.

I still stand by my statement:

Plummer needed the Broncos and the Broncos needed Plummer.

Good luck on Sunday, Go Broncos!

Comment

• the biggest difference between this team and the sb teams is the passing attack, smith mcaffrey sharpe is far better than smith lelie putz. one thing i really like is that we've shown we can win the close ones, vs the chargers we won on a last second drive, vs the pats we killed the clock late with perfection, vs the cowboys we won in OT. other than the giants game, we've been awfully good when pushed against the wall.

as for smith not being as good (or as fast) as he was back then, maybe...but you have to consider that rod never was too much of a burner, and also smith was returning punts just last year. last year he had 14 catches of 20+ yards, and 3 of 40+, thats tied third and second for a season for him, respectively. his average yards per catch last year is also third as well. he averages around 80-85 catches, 1100 yards, and 6-7 td's a season, he was right on that average last year and looks to be on that average again this year. if he has declined, then its not been by too much. his longevity has been amazing.

Comment

• [QUOTE=SmithOverTO]
                      Originally posted by OrangeCrush1874
                      I have to say that I believe that Jake will have a great season. QUOTE]

Easy to say 11 games into the season. Where were you after week 2?

LOL, CAN YOU READ? The date on that post was the day before week 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                        Thats interesting. Because I have seen our team get BETTER as the season has gone.. not get worse. Unless you are saying we have peaked right now?? Maybe thats where I misunderstand you.

I agree that Jake isn't to blame for ALL the third down conversion problems...but considering he is the QB, you certainly can't take all the blame AWAY from him either.

Since the NY game. What big passers are we letting kill us late in the game?

I was trying to convey that Indy may have peaked to rearly and we are still getting better. Sorry if I messed that one up.

While they did not win the games.

Bledsoe 2 tds and 232 yards.
                        COllins 2 TD and 310 yards
                        McNabb 3 td and 283 yards
                        Brady 1 td 299 yards
                        brunnell 3 td 322 yards
                        leftwich 1td 240 myards
                        Green 1td 221 yards
                        breeze TD and 175 yards

In our losses.
                        ferrett 2 td 275 yards
                        Manning 2 td and 214 yards in a win
                        Green 2 td 253 yards

Everyone one of these QBs, none are stellar (except brady and Mcnabb but he was major hurt) had at least 200 yards against save one breeze. Almost all the real yards came in the second halfs of these games when they were all playing major catchup and there running games excpet with WAS and in KC.

This does not bode well unless we can stop the pass when we have to.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeCrush1874
                          I have to say that I believe that Jake will have a great season. He won't be able to silence the morons that will always talk about him like he is still in AZ, but he will show us, the true fans, that he is the right QB for the Broncos. I expect about 30 TD passes or more and atleast a playoff win at home.
                          Well, he is one win away from pulling it off.

EDIT: liitle under the radar on TD's but I take W's over TD passes any day!

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeCrush1874
                            I have to say that I believe that Jake will have a great season. He won't be able to silence the morons that will always talk about him like he is still in AZ, but he will show us, the true fans, that he is the right QB for the Broncos. I expect about 30 TD passes or more and atleast a playoff win at home.
                            Its all coming back to us now.

Comment

Working...
                            X