Salary Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elway
    What makes anyone think that after we resign everyone we will have enough money to give Portis a raise, sign draft picks and pursue fee agents. We still have to see what to do with Gardner, see if Sharpe will be back, and make a decision of McCaffrey, so we know what kind of money we are dealing with.
    exactly, which is why i said portis might not get his raise this year. if we have enough, sure, but if we dont, i want to make sure we have our priorities straight. portis comes 2nd to the team. If we resign everybody, we have a chance at better success and maybe a ranking even HIGHER than 4th on defense. As long as we resign everybody, we are set up great.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

If Denver resigns everyone fine, however there is the probability . How in world do you know for fact all those free agents want to resign with Denver. As you said yourself Lava, Berry had very good year, how do you know he want to some other team for more money. Just because Denver may be a contender does not mean they all want to stay.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
        If Denver resigns everyone fine, however there is the probability . How in world do you know for fact all those free agents want to resign with Denver. As you said yourself Lava, Berry had very good year, how do you know he want to some other team for more money. Just because Denver may be a contender does not mean they all want to stay.
        Berry went on record saying he wants to come back, but he undertsands that its a business and he might not be able to
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
          Berry went on record saying he wants to come back, but he undertsands that its a business and he might not be able to
          That's my point Lava, you and both do not know if the Bronocos will resign him or any other free agent for whatever reason. The only fa that Denver has that I would be shock that if they didn't get resigned is Al Wilson.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

That's my point Lava, you and both do not know if the Bronocos will resign him or any other free agent for whatever reason. The only fa that Denver has that I would be shock that if they didn't get resigned is Al Wilson.
            well shanny went on to say that he liked berry and would like to have him back, so obviously he knows how good berry is.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

to tell the truth i would take gold over wilson, but i hope they all come back.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Wilson is a more complete player. Gold is faster but because he's smaller than most linebackers he can get overwhelmed at times at the point of attack. I have no doubt that Gold will get resigned a major injury like his is going cause most teams to shy away from signing him. Wilson says he wants to return but there will probably be some team willing to give him a bigger pay raise than what Denver will give him.
                Last edited by TXBRONC; 01-26-2004, 08:12 AM.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Wilson is a more complete player. Gold is faster but because he's smaller than most linebackers he can get overwhelmed at times at the point of attack. I have no doubt that Gold will get resigned a major injury like his is going cause most teams to shy away from signing him. Wilson says he wants to return but there will probably be some team willing to give him a bigger pay raise than what Denver will give him.
                  gold may not be the strongest of linebackers, but he is THE best playmaker we have on D, PERIOD. He is also the most exciting to watch he flies everywhere. He probably would have led the team in INT's as a LB, which is sad for everybody else, but good for gold. I dont think the injury will hamper him mobley had the same injury i think and came back the next year and led the team in tackles. Of course i want wilson too, i just hope he doesnt give in to the big offers he will probably get. he is still the leader and soul of the D.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                    gold may not be the strongest of linebackers, but he is THE best playmaker we have on D, PERIOD. He is also the most exciting to watch he flies everywhere. He probably would have led the team in INT's as a LB, which is sad for everybody else, but good for gold. I dont think the injury will hamper him mobley had the same injury i think and came back the next year and led the team in tackles. Of course i want wilson too, i just hope he doesnt give in to the big offers he will probably get. he is still the leader and soul of the D.
                    An acl injury may/ but not necessarily cause him to loose a step only time will tell. I'm not sure if Mobley led the team in tackles the year after he was injuried, I think Wilson has lead the team in tackles every year accept maybe his rookie season, which by the way was the same year Mobley and TD went down with acl injuries. Wilson has stated he wants to stay in Denver so at the present time I'm inclined to think he will be a little more flexible in contract negotiations.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                    X