Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

to answer your question jared about why bronco fans use we or us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to answer your question jared about why bronco fans use we or us...

we have this talk before jared prior to you becoming a moderator and i believe you said you understood but i guess you forgot. when you put your loyalty to a sports team depending on what type of fan you are it could mean several things. you root for you team when they play and only when they play. you root for your team only when they win. and thier are those who root for thier teams all year long whether in season or not. that means during basketball season if someone brings up football you talk about the broncos. if it's baseball season and someone somewhere brings up football you talk about the broncos. I will never question someones loyalty unless your the ultimate pessismist and can't see anything positive about your team even though they go to the playoffs and win 10 games. then no denver fan wants to be around people who are always negative about his/her team. at the same time when trolls come on this board and rag on the broncos you need fans like me,lava and bronco bomber who won't sit still and let some clown rag my team. you see what i said? my team. i don't own the team but i defend the team when they are being talked about in a bad light. some fans don't like to argue. they say some of us take this game too seriously. at the heat of the moment whether prior to, during or after a bronco game i am very hyper. becuase i feel so into the game. that much emotion given is hard to just let go once they win or lose. like people who watch soap operas and keep watching like sheep. you spend so much time watching and agonizing that you feel you are part of the team thus the us and we pronouns. as long as i have watched the broncos win and lose you have to feel you part of something or i would have wasting my last 26 years being a fan.
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

I might not have invested money in the team but I spend a lot of my time on it. I therefore feel like a shareholder or even someone involved in the day to day operation.
    Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

thank you

thank you for taking what i wrote and shortening to a simple point. i couldn't have said it any better. people don't understand the time and energy spent rooting for a team when your really into them.

Comment

I heard Tim Grunhard(former Chiefs player) on the radio yesterday, and he said for the first time in his life he has felt like just another fan.

He said when he is on the team and they aren't doing well, then he can pump himself up and try harder to pull out a win. When sitting in the stands with the other fans, there is a sense of helplessness. As a fan, you can't simply try harder to pull a win.

He related it to being on a plane that is going down. As a pilot, you still try to regain control and (hopefully) have your fate in your own hands. The passengers on the plane can't do anything but sit in their seats and pray.. That is the difference between fans and players.

I still don't think fans have the right to be in the locker room after the game and state out loud to all the players..."We need to try harder next week".
        Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Re: thank you

Originally posted by bklynbronco
          thank you for taking what i wrote and shortening to a simple point. i couldn't have said it any better. people don't understand the time and energy spent rooting for a team when your really into them.
          Who is "people"? Do you think you are the only fanatic on this board?

I have a large investment in time, money, effort, and planning all for my love of the Chiefs.(and I'm not talking about just buying a stupid jersey). But I simply wouldn't feel right saying the word "we" in front of one of the players.

Comment

Re: Re: thank you

Originally posted by cheapseats

I have a large investment in time, money, effort, and planning all for my love of the Chiefs.(and I'm not talking about just buying a stupid jersey). But I simply wouldn't feel right saying the word "we" in front of one of the players.
            Don't tell me you have all the Kansas City Chief Beany [email protected]#

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Re: Re: Re: thank you

Originally posted by AsianOrange
              Don't tell me you have all the Kansas City Chief Beany [email protected]#
              No, I am the guy that goes around town to all the local grocery stores and arcades and tries to win all of the pleather Chiefs footballs from those claw grab games.

Comment

Re: Re: thank you

Originally posted by cheapseats

who said i was the only fanatic on this board? first of all jared brought up the question why certain fans use we and us when referring to thier team like they play for them. my point is that certain fans follow thier teams as if they are watching a family memeber or a good friend playing on tv. week in and week out you watch to see that team you root for succeed. just like people who watch soap operas get attched to characters many fans get attached to certain players. since free agency we as fans have gotten used to players not staying with thier original teams like they did in the 50's and 60's and even the 70's. in the 70's everybody can remember the starters of the steelers and the cowboys or the dolphins and vikings because these teams pretty much stayed together for at least a decade. nowadays you barely have players stay on a team for more than 4 years but the loyalties of fans can't be jaded. fans will still root for a jersey. if a player is a free agent or a rookie but your wearing a bronco jersey i'll root for you because I'm a bronco fan. every week i'll watch to see how this players does. it's a process and it happens every fall in this country that football fans believe that thier team will make the super bowl and will watch with eagerness to see if thier team succeeds.they gather around tv's in bars, parking lots of the stadiums and in thier homes to see thier team. energies, time and emotion are spent every week and that's where the attachment to the team comes from. the so called 12th man comes into play. why do teams fight to get home field? the 12th man. ask packer fans or even philly fans if they don't have a we and us affliction with thier team. listen to the local news reporters talk about the local team when they go to the playoffs or super bowl. it's an us against them mentality and that's where the we and us come from. look i'm not telling anybody how to root for thier team what I'm saying there are reason why fans take it personal not that i go that far but i can understand why. why is it so hard for other people to understand? that's just the way they root for thier team.

Comment

Re: to answer your question jared about why bronco fans use we or us...

we have this talk before jared prior to you becoming a moderator and i believe you said you understood but i guess you forgot. when you put your loyalty to a sports team depending on what type of fan you are it could mean several things. you root for you team when they play and only when they play. you root for your team only when they win. and thier are those who root for thier teams all year long whether in season or not. that means during basketball season if someone brings up football you talk about the broncos. if it's baseball season and someone somewhere brings up football you talk about the broncos. I will never question someones loyalty unless your the ultimate pessismist and can't see anything positive about your team even though they go to the playoffs and win 10 games. then no denver fan wants to be around people who are always negative about his/her team. at the same time when trolls come on this board and rag on the broncos you need fans like me,lava and bronco bomber who won't sit still and let some clown rag my team. you see what i said? my team. i don't own the team but i defend the team when they are being talked about in a bad light. some fans don't like to argue. they say some of us take this game too seriously. at the heat of the moment whether prior to, during or after a bronco game i am very hyper. becuase i feel so into the game. that much emotion given is hard to just let go once they win or lose. like people who watch soap operas and keep watching like sheep. you spend so much time watching and agonizing that you feel you are part of the team thus the us and we pronouns. as long as i have watched the broncos win and lose you have to feel you part of something or i would have wasting my last 26 years being a fan.

I didn'r re-new my thread or start the other one. That was cheapseats.

I have forgotten nothing.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                  You should check these guys out

Comment

Re: to answer your question jared about why bronco fans use we or us...

you root for you team when they play and only when they play. you root for your team only when they win.

Wrong on both counts. You are making assumptions about me.

But I do find it difficult to 'root' when there is no actual game to watch. I would consider the off season more of a 'hope' thing. In terms of the draft and free agency, etc. Hoping that they do well and correct things and improve the team.

As for rooting only when they win, well you are way off on that, but again, you didn't ask.

Comment

Re: Re: to answer your question jared about why bronco fans use we or us...

Originally posted by Jared

But I do find it difficult to 'root' when there is no actual game to watch. I would consider the off season more of a 'hope' thing. In terms of the draft and free agency, etc. Hoping that they do well and correct things and improve the team.

As for rooting only when they win, well you are way off on that, but again, you didn't ask.
                      That wasn't directed towards you jared that was a general statement about how certain fans root.

Comment

you been here long enough to know why certain fans act the way they do so i don't get why it was brought up as a thread. it wasn't personal. i have no problem with your questions i did remember you brought this up early in august.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: to answer your question jared about why bronco fans use we or us...

you been here long enough to know why certain fans act the way they do so i don't get why it was brought up as a thread. it wasn't personal. i have no problem with your questions i did remember you brought this up early in august.
                          I know, but my point is that I am not the one who brought it up again, yet you aimed the title of the thread right at me. I am not mad, just pointing out that I had nothing to do with it.

Comment

But I do find it difficult to 'root' when there is no actual game to watch.
                            I disagree with this. If the team is on a bye week or the off season, I am "rooting" for them to be watching tapes, hitting the gym and healing wounds. I think about the Broncos year round whether they are playing or not. Just my 2 cents here.

bklynbronco. You are one of many dedicated fans that feel what you are saying. The whole issue of being a part of the team is one we live with in our minds. We all have put time, money and effort in supporting, defending and following "our" team. You, me and every other Bronco fan is a part of something special whether we write the paychecks or not. Broncomania is "the fans" and will live forever.
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

thanks

I'm sorry jared. could have sworn it was you who posted this again if not my bad but i just wondered why it was brought up since we talked about it to death the last time it was mentioned.
                              Last edited by bklynbronco; 01-14-2004, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X