Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

to answer your question jared about why bronco fans use we or us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broncomaniac

i think their are a lot of us out there who feel the same way and sometimes we feel a little upset when others think we get carried away with the we and us stuff. it's not like we own the time but as dedicated fans we feel emotinally attached that's all.
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Actually there are a lot of us that will say "we" and my team because we have put so much into the Broncos. Many of us have moved to other states, I have then came back. In Illinois I was a Bronco fan and had the games that I could not see sent to me by VCR tape. I did this for two years. When I was in Kansas City (Blue Springs) for two years, I did the same thing except for the games that were aired.

Since I have been back to Colorado, I am now a season ticket holder and go to many of the games and only sell my tickets to Bronco fans if I cannot attend a game.

I feel they are my team and that is why I will say my Broncos.

In fact in the offseason I get the football magazines of Drafts, and get all the information I can through the Orange and Blue News which is offered at this site.

About May, June, July I get out old games of the Broncos that I have taped and watch them when I have time.

I normally take my kids and some of the church kids to training camp for 4-5 days and even take off work to do so.

I feel I have a right to say it is my team, and have a right to say "we".

Of course there are some of us that are more passionate then others and I probably go overboard...

I still love my Broncos....
      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

that's it

it's a love for a team that's it. george allen former coach of the redskins said everytime he lost a game, a little bit of him died. literally he didn't died but that's the way he felt. that's the way i feel sometimes when the broncos lose. doesn't mean my life can't go on because the minute the bronco game was over with the colts i was like lets go yankees. then when the knicks got marbury i was like lets go knicks so i can get over a lost but the hurt doesn't go away. i know next september i will see the broncs again go for the playoffs so i'm not too discouraged.

Comment

Re: thanks

Originally posted by bklynbronco
          I'm sorry jared. could have sworn it was you who posted this again if not my bad but i just wondered why it was brought up since we talked about it to death the last time it was mentioned.
          It was cheapseats who brought it up.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

Re: Re: thanks

Originally posted by Jared
            It was cheapseats who brought it up.
            He is such a trouble maker.

Bottom line is we are all very much emotionally attached to our team. It hurts when we lose and feels great when we win. End of this subject?

GO BRONCOS!!
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

not getting on cheap seats

I wasn't trying to start trouble with anybody so if it was cheapseats it was never to get on him personally. my point was to explain the passion that certain fans have and i got on jared because we had that discussion before and many opinions were expressed and respected and being that he was the last person to bring up the topic i thought it was jared. my apoligies again to jared and thanks for not taking it personal.

Comment

I started a "we" thread in the smack forum, and Jared mentioned his original thread and also mentioned some interesting points of view from the discussion. So I dug for it to read it first hand. I surely didn't expect it to restart bad blood. Sorry for all of the confusion people.

Anyhow... I still don't agree with the 'love of the team' responses I keep hearing. And I believe that there is some interesting psychology going on with people wanting to be associated with winners and such. Especially now after I see how badly people want to defend the use of 'we'.

But the main point I wanted to make is that I get a bit peeved when someone tells me, to me personally, "we kicked your A--". I always wonder how exactly I got my A-- kicked. I don't feel like I let anyone down when the Chiefs lose, but somehow I feel like it is a personal attack towards me when someone relates me to the team and its loss.

I can appreciate why people would say 'we', and I'm not posting this in the hopes to stop people from saying it. I just don't do it and I'm glad we had an opportunity to talk about it.
                Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

your taking the term literallly

Originally posted by cheapseats
                  I started a "we" thread in the smack forum, and Jared mentioned his original thread and also mentioned some interesting points of view from the discussion. So I dug for it to read it first hand. I surely didn't expect it to restart bad blood. Sorry for all of the confusion people.

Anyhow... I still don't agree with the 'love of the team' responses I keep hearing. And I believe that there is some interesting psychology going on with people wanting to be associated with winners and such. Especially now after I see how badly people want to defend the use of 'we'.

But the main point I wanted to make is that I get a bit peeved when someone tells me, to me personally, "we kicked your A--". I always wonder how exactly I got my A-- kicked. I don't feel like I let anyone down when the Chiefs lose, but somehow I feel like it is a personal attack towards me when someone relates me to the team and its loss.

I can appreciate why people would say 'we', and I'm not posting this in the hopes to stop people from saying it. I just don't do it and I'm glad we had an opportunity to talk about it.
                  personally your ass didn't get kicked but the team that you root for the team got beat so your guilty by association. everybody is represented by symbols,lifestyles, class, political and whether you don't like getting labeled you will. if your a raider fan whether your a die hard fan or not, bronco fans do not think highly of you even if your the nicest person. we can talk to you but there is a edge because you root for the enemy. nothing personal it's just an automatic response. though you shouldn't take most idiotic statements from other trolls serious you should be ready defend your team at a moments notice.

Comment

Re: your taking the term literallly

Originally posted by bklynbronco
                    personally your ass didn't get kicked but the team that you root for the team got beat so your guilty by association.
                    I think this the reaction that cheapseats and I do not understand are most offended by, not so much the "we" stuff. It makes no sense.

As for being labled, they can only represent them if I allow them too. We are all very complex people, so I enjoy proving stereotypes incorrect, which I have to do lot unfortunatey out here.

That is a thread for another day, involving ethinic/socio-economic stereotypes, which is probably best left to PM's if anyone is interested.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

Comment

I'll try to make this the last time I reply on this thread. Let me make some analogies.

My state is Colorado. I pay taxes in this state, but I don't own it. Cut down my state the wrong way and I am unhappy.

I live in the town of Loveland. I again do not own the town, I still call it my town. If there is an ordinance that goes through, I feel bad because my town put it through.

We use my for many things that we don't own but we do associate with.

My President is President Bush, again by association. When Gore did not get elected my President won. Those who voted for Gore were upset because their President elect did not win.

That is my point of the Broncos. It is association. If the Broncos beat the Raiders and I was in the stadium cheering them on being the 12th man, I was part of that win. No I did not play on the field, but I was part of a crowd that made it so noisy that the signals could not be heard and the Raiders made mistakes because of my voice added to others.

No when they lost to the Bears I was part of that loss. There were others that were dejected also.

The is a distinct difference going down the ramp in the stadium if the team wins or loses. If the team wins everyone is happy because their team won. If the team loses it is not pleasant because "your team" lost.

That also is one of the reasons why we have a Bronco message board to talk about our team.
                      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

DOES ANY OF THIS MATTER!! This has been going on for way to long. WHO CARES?? So what if people think they have more of an association then others to their team. It doesn't matter if they use we or not, as long as they support the team.

Sorry, but this thread will never die!!!
                        Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                          My President is President Bush, again by association. When Gore did not get elected my President won. Those who voted for Gore were upset because their President elect did not win.
                          Despite your football loyalties ... I see a glimmer of hope for you yet.
                          Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

whatever makes you happy .....DO IT!!!!
                            Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

it does matter

Originally posted by rascal
                              DOES ANY OF THIS MATTER!! This has been going on for way to long. WHO CARES?? So what if people think they have more of an association then others to their team. It doesn't matter if they use we or not, as long as they support the team.

I have used the term we and used so often that is normal vocabulary for me that when one question's it, it's a little stunning. this thread was never to put anyone down just an explanation of a feeling. this thread was very long gone untill cheapseats made a question about it just recently. i unfortunately turned it on jared by mistake which i have apoligized for as for rascal, if you don't like the thread you don't have to respond or read this thread. nobody is putting a gun to your head to respond. most people just view threads and if they are tired of it just keep on moving. that the thread has lasted this long obviously means that it matters to somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal

Amen Rascal. Let those who use it, use it. Those who don't, don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X