Broncs Fans Don't Give Up On Your Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAG7
    I have been a Bronco fan since 77 and I have endured all of the bad years and enjoyed the good ones. Being a fan that long, I've seen all the good and bad performances of this team, but I have never seen a time when this team had as much talent and was so poorly coached, conditioned and offensively lead. I'm sorry, Shanahan may have been the best coach for the Broncos when Elway was the qb. This is unquestionable. But he is absolutely the worst coach for the Broncos without Elway. He is overwhelmingly too conservative. His draft and trade choices with the exception of rare few, have produced little in the way of help. His offense is too mythodical, predicatable and conistantly fails against better teams. The teams conditioning is obviously under par. All teams play in hot weather as well as cold and the elements should not have the kind of effect on their performance that we saw in Miami. I do not honestly believe that the team lacks in talent. On the contrary, I think many of the players would be stars if they werent already in a well coached team. I could deal the embarassing SuperBowl losses and many other of their nationally televised flops as a loyal fan because the truth is.. the talent just wasn't there and they played teams who were just simply playing better football. But, to lose to Miami the way they did today, exposed the truth abou this team. A truth that has existed over the last few years.. this team fails because of coaching that does not fit its personell and poor game planning and offensive play calling. Enough excuses for their debacles.. no more injury, weather or bad luck stories. As a long time fan, I just can't root for them anymore as long as Shanahan is leading this team. In fact, I dont want to see them win any games and let Shanahan off the hook. This team must replace him if they are ever to regain the form that allowed them to capture a SuperBowl Title. They must drop the conservatism and play hungry, play with heart and play as if they have a mission. RIght now, they play uninspired and seem confused and that is exactly the state in which they have left their fans.... at least this one.

Sad.
    My eyes!!! Paragraphs please

Ugh, what a ****ty post i've made

Comment

Originally posted by kcjrfan
      My Chiefs got a pretty long injury report comin' up too. Surtain, Roaf, and Richardson got pretty messed up. We'll see.

I was just glad to see Surtain walk off the field...

What happened to Roaf?

Comment

Originally posted by kcjrfan
        What is up with y'all ? I've lived in the Denver area for the past 2 years and have been thoroughly impressed w/the support you give the Broncos. You can't write them off after the very 1st game of the season !!! They are still a very good team, and every team has a hiccup every now and then. Plus, historically the Broncos have not had much luck down in Miami. It's way to damn hot and humid down there. I think they are going to do much better than the media and everyone are predicting. Just chill and keep supporting your team. Don't everyone abandon ship after the 1st game. They will do much better.
        *and this is coming from a HUGE KC fan*
        Don't worry, I wont give up. During a game like this I usually swear like a sailor, destroy my Denver Bronco stress doll (good thing it is velcroed together ), and swear a little more. Then I calm down. Monday I will get harrassed by my co-workers for a while, then on tuesday I will be wearing my Broncos gear in anticipation for next sundays game. It is a vicious cycle, but it is what I go through everytime the Broncos lose. Thanks for the motivation kcjrfan, and as much as I hate to say it, the Cheifs looked pretty damn good today.
        BRONCOS #1

Comment

I just don't understand how criticizing your team makes you less of a fan. I know there are 8000 threads I could post this in, but I'm confused. I truly don't believe that being a real Broncos' fan means seeing the NFL world through "orange colored glasses". You can look at my sig to see how long I have followed the Broncos. That won't change. I sat through every one of their Super Bowl losses and some other moments almost as painful. I will be a Broncos' fan until the day I die, BUT if I think the team is playing horribly or not as talented as others, I will voice that opinion too. Criticizing a team doesn't make a person less of a fan, just a more realistic one.
          "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

Originally posted by spikerman

Criticizing a team doesn't make a person less of a fan, just a more realistic one.
            Actually, since "fan" is short for "fanatic" or "fanatical", a strong argument could be made that "fan" and "realistic" is an oxymoron.

If you really want to be "realistic", think about this: During any given year any team has about 3% chance of winning the Superbowl. 2 years from now, 10 years from now, as long as there's 32 teams, you will very likely not win a superbowl in any given year.

That means if you root for the Broncos or any other team, you have a 97% chance of "failure" your in and year out. The fact that you are even here indicicates you are not being realistic, and instead are a fan hoping to buck the odds.

And if anyone thinks Shanny and Plummer suck so bad, then surely the odds are less than 3% that you'll be satisfied with the results of this season.

Please, I don't want to hear "fan" in the same sentence with words like "realistic" or "objective" as they are oxymorons, you are either a fan or you are "objective", but you can't be both, as there's no such thing as an "objective fanatic".

I'm a fan...If I get too logical about football, I have a hard time justifying the time I spend (have spent) on it. Instead, the Broncos are a time for me to NOT BE REALISTIC...I have enough of that "realism" going on in my life already and the Broncos are my escape.

Comment

Believe me! The hardest thing I did today was sit my butt all the way through the game, while the "Dol-Fans" razzed us. I held my head high and took the L with grace, we didn't argue or get loud (although they did! on the whole walk back to the car..on the highway...at the gas station..etc..etc) We just kinda took it...I am NOT gonna give up on my team..I am definitly not a bandwagoner win or lose I will always be there to cheer on my team!

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx
                Actually, since "fan" is short for "fanatic" or "fanatical", a strong argument could be made that "fan" and "realistic" is an oxymoron.

If you really want to be "realistic", think about this: During any given year any team has about 3% chance of winning the Superbowl. 2 years from now, 10 years from now, as long as there's 32 teams, you will very likely not win a superbowl in any given year.

That means if you root for the Broncos or any other team, you have a 97% chance of "failure" your in and year out. The fact that you are even here indicicates you are not being realistic, and instead are a fan hoping to buck the odds.

And if anyone thinks Shanny and Plummer suck so bad, then surely the odds are less than 3% that you'll be satisfied with the results of this season.

Please, I don't want to hear "fan" in the same sentence with words like "realistic" or "objective" as they are oxymorons, you are either a fan or you are "objective", but you can't be both, as there's no such thing as an "objective fanatic".

I'm a fan...If I get too logical about football, I have a hard time justifying the time I spend (have spent) on it. Instead, the Broncos are a time for me to NOT BE REALISTIC...I have enough of that "realism" going on in my life already and the Broncos are my escape.
                I understand that "fan" comes from "fanatic", however, it doesn't mean that you can't see flaws in the team. Wouldn't it take a "fanatic" to continue to follow, root, hope, and pray for the team even after a game like today? Wouldn't it take a group of "fanatics" to get nervous, to feel the joy, to feel the anger, and to feel the sadness when they lose, even though not one of us here has any effect on anything that happens on that field? If we were not fanatics, would we get so emotionally involved with the success or failure of millionaires who most of us have never met and who have no real bearing on our lives?

Yes, I am a "fan" or "fanatic", but I don't think my team is perfect and if I did, I would only be fooling myself. If anybody here knows a Bronco, ask them what they thought of their performance, I'll bet you'll hear the same criticisms that have been expressed on the boards tonight (minus the Shanahan and Plummer bashing).
                "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

What being a "fanatic" means is, those that critisize are also affected by emotion, probably even more than the "optimists", many over-compensating to prove how "unbiased" they are, and instead tip the scales too far.

If you truly believe the season is over, move along and get on with your life. You're just wasting time here.

And let's also be realistic about the criticism, if the complaining does any good and Shanny or Bolin actually listen to online "advice", that will be the time I say to fire them.

What are you realistically trying to accomplish with the "critisism"? Seems to me you're just venting a lot of emotions, since I really doubt Shanny or Bowlen are reading your "suggestions", c'mon let's be "realistic"...

Comment

Originally posted by spikerman
                    but I don't think my team is perfect and if I did, I would only be fooling myself.

You are fooling yourself. Every year you fool yourself into thinking that your team has a good chance of winning the superbowl, despite only having a 1 out of 32 chance.

And any of those other 31 "end results" will result in an unsatisfying result.

It's this denial that keeps us sports fans coming back year after year, just to dissappointed time and time again.

(How else do you explain Cubs fans?)

Comment

Working...
                    X