Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any word on Champ and the others that where Injured???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was sure I heard Bailey will be out for 2-3 week at least with a shoulder separation, which is not good at all because it is something he will have to deal with all year long.

Comment

I would rather hold him out until there isn't a risk, but I want him to be ready ASAP. I trust Lenny Walls but Darrent Williams and Foxworth are rookies, and no matter how good you are, teams always pick on rookie CB's.
      I agree we need Champ more, Bell and Dayne can do fine.

Thanks for updating Watchthemiddle

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos04Champs
        Since there seems to be about 100 threads of people just talking about how important the loss to Miami was, I've decided to try and move on to more important issues.

On NFL Primetime they said Champ Bailey says he will play next week. That's a relief.

No news I know of on Mike Anderson. Tomorrow on ESPN's Monday morning QB they will have the Broncos News Conference with Shanahan and he should give updates.

You can say whatever you want about this loss, but it's over. We are 0-1. San Diego is next, there is no time to dwell. Let's hope M.A. and Champ are healthy.
        Im real concerned over the Champ injury, they said Mike Anderson could have played in the second half in an emergency situation, so i dont think its that bad, just some sore ribs.
        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
          Im real concerned over the Champ injury, they said Mike Anderson could have played in the second half in an emergency situation, so i dont think its that bad, just some sore ribs.
          Sore ribs sounds awesome. Whenever it is ribs you dont know if its sore, bruised, cracked, broken, what word they use means a lot to the future weeks.

Comment

thank god were playing the chargers who's passing game isnt that strong

ill miss bailey
            i think champ will miss his first career game

Comment

we really coulda used him against san diego

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
                thank god were playing the chargers who's passing game isnt that strong

ill miss bailey
                i think champ will miss his first career game
                Where do you get the impression that SD has a weak passing game? Don't you remember last season? Did you see the game today against Dallas?

You're right, we'll miss Champ. Drew Brees and Trent Green will have a field day against Darrent Williams the next two weeks.
                sigpic

Comment

yeah your right

188 yards against dallas 2 picks 2td's
                  brees 18/35
                  is a very good passing game
                  and with a strong running game

Gus Frerotte's 275 passing yards is elite and his two 2 td's
                  great completion% of 66% and only 1 pick

now thats elite passing game

if the chargers are good at passing
                  the dolphins are the elite passers of the nfl

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos04Champs
                    Since there seems to be about 100 threads of people just talking about how important the loss to Miami was, I've decided to try and move on to more important issues.

On NFL Primetime they said Champ Bailey says he will play next week. That's a relief.

No news I know of on Mike Anderson. Tomorrow on ESPN's Monday morning QB they will have the Broncos News Conference with Shanahan and he should give updates.

You can say whatever you want about this loss, but it's over. We are 0-1. San Diego is next, there is no time to dwell. Let's hope M.A. and Champ are healthy.
                    I think the injuries are being taken too lightly. Anything related to the ribs is terrible for a running back because that just lingers. And anytime you're not 100% as a power back, you lose that edge delivering the blow. As far as Champ goes, he's tough as nails and he'll play if he can use his arm at all... But I anticipate him coming in for a few plays to keep the streak intact and then sitting out for the game. That's if it's not a serious seperation which we won't know until tomorrow.... If it's a serious seperation he may be out indefinitely. That's just my speculation on the injuries of course, I'm no Steve Antanopolis.

Comment

The Champ injury really concerns me. Even if he is able to play how effective can he be with a seperated shoulder? I think this may be a problem for us in the next couple weeks, with just walls and a couple of rookies running around back there. Hopfully champ can recover fast, because we are going to need him. Because we are kinda thin at the db position.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                        I think the injuries are being taken too lightly. Anything related to the ribs is terrible for a running back because that just lingers. And anytime you're not 100% as a power back, you lose that edge delivering the blow. As far as Champ goes, he's tough as nails and he'll play if he can use his arm at all... But I anticipate him coming in for a few plays to keep the streak intact and then sitting out for the game. That's if it's not a serious seperation which we won't know until tomorrow.... If it's a serious seperation he may be out indefinitely. That's just my speculation on the injuries of course, I'm no Steve Antanopolis.
                        You're right, people are taking this far too lightly.

First of all Bailey is likely out for at LEAST 2-3 weeks. It depends on the degree of separation. If it's a more serious injury he could be out up to 6 weeks or even have to have surgery in case he could miss the entire season! He might have a pin inserted into the shoulder and then have surgery to repair it after the season, but that means his effectiveness is going to be MUCH less than normal. Certainly, like Walls last year he might try to come back after a couple of weeks, but then he's likely to re-injure that shoulder -- just as Walls did and he finally missed the entire rest of the season (which is why Roc Alexander was lined up against Reggie Wayne in Indy).

How much that injury will affect him is unknown. But to blithely say "he'll play next week" just is foolish. He might play, but how effective do you think he can possibly be with a separated shoulder?

And Mike Anderson's injury is more serious. He probably CAN'T play next week with cracked ribs. If he's forced to use a flack jacket, that makes fumbling more likely. A RB just can't take the pounding with cracked ribs.

If they're just badly bruised he might only miss a game. Or they might even give him an injection before the game. But it's a serious matter.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
                          yeah your right

188 yards against dallas 2 picks 2td's
                          brees 18/35
                          is a very good passing game
                          and with a strong running game

Gus Frerotte's 275 passing yards is elite and his two 2 td's
                          great completion% of 66% and only 1 pick

now thats elite passing game

if the chargers are good at passing
                          the dolphins are the elite passers of the nfl
                          Would you say today is the only evidence of our passing game?

Using only today to evaluate how good the SD passing game is dumb.

Their QB went to the pro bowl last season, completed 66% of attempts, 27 TDs vs 7 INTs and the third best passer rating in the NFL.

In addition, they will have their pro bowl TE back next week.
                          sigpic

Comment

Champ may hope to play next weekend, but with a seperated shoulder, that seems more than a little optimistic.

According to the Miami press, Mike Anderson tore cartilage in his ribs.
                            I don't even pretend to know how serious that is, but it's likely to impact his play next week, if he can play at all.

The Offense seems covered, I doubt Shanahan is going to go into anoter game with only a pair of RBs, but as such, Bell and Dayne should be capable of pushing the ground game.

There definately appears to be a wrinkle in our Defense if Champ is out...
                            Let's hope Walls is ready to help avenge the loss to the Dolphins and picks his game up another notch. I'd expect San Diego to scheme more against the rookie Darrent Williams' side of the field. He could have a huge game.

Denver's Offense should be able to control the clock and keep the Charger Defense on the field, that will help.

Comment

Working...
                            X