NFL fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL fixed?

This question was brought up in a different thread and O&B420 and were discussing it.

Is there betting in the NFL which affects the outcome of the games? Is it similar with the chicago blacksocks of 1918 or just single players?
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

way too many egos in the nfl to keep a conspiracy on that scale a secret. unless the black helicopters are involved.
    sigpic
    go broncos
    share the sidewalk
    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

I'm gonna post my opinion, even though you know it already rascal.

If one sport is fixed, they are all gonna be fixed. If you think that only a few select PRO sports are affected by betting and gambling and bookies etc, i.e. boxing, wrestling, and baseball, how could you not think it would affect the other PRO sports also. And I personally dont think it stops at the professional level. I think, in some way, it can go all the way down to HS. For instance, in this town, Broken Arrow, and the surrounding towns, mainly Tulsa, Jenks, etc. they are HUGE on football, I mean HUGE. These people give birth just to have their offsrping become an OU football player. I have seen it, I had my son in football here for awhile.

At his level, 10 and under (at the time), these towns try and recruit kids. Im serious and it only gets worse as they get older. Some of the more talented, yet poorer, kids get recruited to go to the richer schools. They get bills paid for, house rented (so they can be in District), etc., etc.

And its not just football, my son played soccer and the off-season he played indoor and coaches from other towns came up to me, trying to get me to join him into their towns soccer clubs. Its pretty wild.

So if that can happen at this level, what do you think happens when BILLIONS of dollars are involved???

There is NO way that ALL PRO sports arent tainted in some way. Im not quite sure how far it goes, as to whether the actual W or L is determined, but I guarn-ass-tee you that the point spread is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
        I'm gonna post my opinion, even though you know it already rascal.

If one sport is fixed, they are all gonna be fixed. If you think that only a few select PRO sports are affected by betting and gambling and bookies etc, i.e. boxing, wrestling, and baseball, how could you not think it would affect the other PRO sports also. And I personally dont think it stops at the professional level. I think, in some way, it can go all the way down to HS. For instance, in this town, Broken Arrow, and the surrounding towns, mainly Tulsa, Jenks, etc. they are HUGE on football, I mean HUGE. These people give birth just to have their offsrping become an OU football player. I have seen it, I had my son in football here for awhile.

At his level, 10 and under (at the time), these towns try and recruit kids. Im serious and it only gets worse as they get older. Some of the more talented, yet poorer, kids get recruited to go to the richer schools. They get bills paid for, house rented (so they can be in District), etc., etc.

And its not just football, my son played soccer and the off-season he played indoor and coaches from other towns came up to me, trying to get me to join him into their towns soccer clubs. Its pretty wild.

So if that can happen at this level, what do you think happens when BILLIONS of dollars are involved???

There is NO way that ALL PRO sports arent tainted in some way. Im not quite sure how far it goes, as to whether the actual W or L is determined, but I guarn-ass-tee you that the point spread is fixed.
        There is a difference between recruiting for players and those players throwing the game. Because if they are found out, then all of those $$$ will go away.

You too Cutler.

Comment

OK, there is a difference but again there is not. Cheating is cheating. It is NOT allowed. You cannot recruit kids in the HS and below levels, in this state (or maybe its these towns). I know that to be a fact.

And as far as too many egos, etc........Those egos are fed by the almighty $$$$$$, therefore, they would be biting off their nose to spite (despite??) their face if they were to let it leak. And most people already know, like boxing, but accept it as part of the sport. Wasnt there some movie (based on real life) made on how college b-ball players would fix the scores of their games. Good players would miss easy ass shots, etc.

Come on people WAKE UP!!!!!!
          Last edited by orangenblue420; 01-13-2004, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Re: NFL fixed?

Originally posted by rascal
            This question was brought up in a different thread and O&B420 and were discussing it.

Is there betting in the NFL which affects the outcome of the games? Is it similar with the chicago blacksocks of 1918 or just single players?
            The only person betting on football is PETE ROSE!!
            [QUOTE]
            If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Re: Re: NFL fixed?

Originally posted by dhall26
              The only person betting on football is PETE ROSE!!
              Well then I guess he won't get into Canton or Cooperstown then. Although I hear that Tagliabue is thinking about reinstating him?
              Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
                And as far as too many egos, etc........Those egos are fed by the almighty $$$$$$, therefore, they would be biting off their nose to spite their face if they were to let it leak.
                football players are alot of things, but geniouses many are not. plus, they are sometimes known to retire, sometimes they even retire under circumstances that they are unhappy about - at that point, they've got an incentive to go public b/c they aren't making money off of the secret anymore and there is a heck of alot of money to be made off of opening up, book deals for instance. but w/o that incentive, there are still alot of players that are so dumb that they'd open their mouths as soon as they got upset at a coach or the league. warren sapp comes to mind.
                sigpic
                go broncos
                share the sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                  way too many egos in the nfl to keep a conspiracy on that scale a secret. unless the black helicopters are involved.
                  Yopu and those Helicopters

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                  2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                    Yopu and those Helicopters
                    warning: those denying the existence of black helicopters may be helicopters themselves
                    sigpic
                    go broncos
                    share the sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                      football players are alot of things, but geniouses many are not. plus, they are sometimes known to retire, sometimes they even retire under circumstances that they are unhappy about - at that point, they've got an incentive to go public b/c they aren't making money off of the secret anymore and there is a heck of alot of money to be made off of opening up, book deals for instance. but w/o that incentive, there are still alot of players that are so dumb that they'd open their mouths as soon as they got upset at a coach or the league. warren sapp comes to mind.
                      I guess my main arguement against this is that most people already know. Not to mention there are a TON of things that don't make it public. Do you really think we HEAR about every little thing that goes on. We are prone to think that, with the media coverage of every damn thing BUT there are things that don't make it out into the main stream population of knowledge. People are naive to think that we KNOW everything that goes on in this country. Take politics for instance. Dont you think there are tons of shady, if not downright illegal, things going on in our government that we will NEVER hear about, despite the fact that people leave there everyday with some sort of vengence.

There are things that happen in this country, in this world, that we know are happening and we know are wrong, but yet since there''s not much we can do about it, we ignore it, or worse accept it.

That may not be your personal view point on the way to handle things, but it is human nature, for the most part.

Comment

Well Boxing is about to be blown open as fixed but, its been that way since its begining. Football, eh-basketball ahhhhhhh-game 5 of the Lakers and KIngs 2 years ago all the kings had to do was win and the Lakers were done. The KIngs led all game long by as much as 14 and as little as 2 -in the last quater the kings led by 6 pretty much for the whole thing, then all of the sudden (THE FREAKING TWLIGHTZONE HAPPENED REFS started calling fouls on the kings for things like shoe laces being untied, shirts not being tucked in, I swear it was a conspiracy to make sure no matter how far the KIngs got ahead it became the refs job to even the score anyway they could, and they did just that-in a game of the worst utter bull**** I have ever seen the Kings lost because of non-exsistant fouls called by paid refs to force the Lakers to win and we all know the rest was history, Ill go to my grave believing it was a contrived set-up fake (whatever you want to call it) crap-azz game the KIngs should have won and the Lakers should have lost!

Comment

I think we hit a soft spot on jocool who has lost his cool.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
                            I think we hit a soft spot on jocool who has lost his cool.

LOL! Yeah your right, The reality is Im not even a KING fan!

Comment

Originally posted by jocool
                              Well Boxing is about to be blown open as fixed but, its been that way since its begining. Football, eh-basketball ahhhhhhh-game 5 of the Lakers and KIngs 2 years ago all the kings had to do was win and the Lakers were done. The KIngs led all game long by as much as 14 and as little as 2 -in the last quater the kings led by 6 pretty much for the whole thing, then all of the sudden (THE FREAKING TWLIGHTZONE HAPPENED REFS started calling fouls on the kings for things like shoe laces being untied, shirts not being tucked in, I swear it was a conspiracy to make sure no matter how far the KIngs got ahead it became the refs job to even the score anyway they could, and they did just that-in a game of the worst utter bull**** I have ever seen the Kings lost because of non-exsistant fouls called by paid refs to force the Lakers to win and we all know the rest was history, Ill go to my grave believing it was a contrived set-up fake (whatever you want to call it) crap-azz game the KIngs should have won and the Lakers should have lost!
                              You know Jo...I thought that game was shady as well. I thought I was the only one that thought that.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Working...
                              X