Terminate somebody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminate somebody

I think one of the defensive players should be held accountable for the play in the Indy game when the wide reciever was left untouched on the ground and allowed to stand up and run into the end zone. That play set the tone for the rest of the game and someone should be fired!!!

Re: Terminate somebody

Originally posted by Razor City Fan
    I think one of the defensive players should be held accountable for the play in the Indy game when the wide reciever was left untouched on the ground and allowed to stand up and run into the end zone. That play set the tone for the rest of the game and someone should be fired!!!
    i don't pretend to be capable of diagnosing the exact problem with our defensive secondary, but i agree there is a big problem. however, firing a player based on one play seems like a bad idea to me. if that was the case, green bay would have to fire favre for that last pass of his; not a great idea.
    sigpic
    go broncos
    share the sidewalk
    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Seems to me if you want to solve the problem that way there are 6-7 guys that should be fired. It's not like 1 guy stood and watched him run in untouched. That's it fire em all and start from scratch.
      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Coyer's first year...everybody isn't successful on the first try...you learn from your mistakes.

This was a defense without John Mobley, Ian Gold, Nick Fuergenson, a sloppy Sam Brandon, a healthy Kelly Herdon would have been nice.

We had Jimmy Spencer out there and he's more of a coach!

So.....we got some youngster some experience...Donnie Stragen and Spykes got some reps (which is a good thing)

So...all you guys blaming the defense I understand, but see from my side it could have been a lot worse.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Re: Terminate somebody

Originally posted by Razor City Fan
          It was a horrible mistake, but what can you do? Wilson was there. Fire him, our defensive captain? No, fire Coyer, he is the defensive coordinator. But why stop there? Shannahan should be teaching these guys the fundamental stuff, get rid of him too. Come on. Mistakes happen. Besides the first drive with Stokley scoring is what set the pace for the game, not that play. Manning was on, and I don't think that our defense could have stopped him because of the coverage we were forced to play. Look at the bright side, there is always next year.
          Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Working...
          X