283 Days & Counting What Will U Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 283 Days & Counting What Will U Do

It's 238 days until the start of the 2004 season. Man that seems like an awfully long time.

Just wondering what you will do to fill the massive void left in our lives now that the NFL season is over (OK technically not over yet).

For me at least I have hockey, and rooting for my beloved Red Wings to follow until June. Then I guess it'll be baseball and golf filling up my time until training camps start in August. By then I'm in such heavy football withdrawl that I'll be dieing for a lousy pre-season game.

At least I can come here and chat about draft picks, and free agency and all the other details that may in some small way quench my thirst for the real deal.
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

I love hockey too. Now that the Broncos are done, it is time to gear up for the Avs. God Bless Colorado. I hate it when June rolls around. No football or hockey. But by then I will be playing golf and roller hockey. Of course, now that I have found this forum I will be here to talk Broncos.
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

I would say pro and college basketball, which is normally what I watch, but since there is a baby on the way, I think I'll be plenty busy..........

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
        I would say pro and college basketball, which is normally what I watch, but since there is a baby on the way, I think I'll be plenty busy..........

You have no idea my friend..., start catching up on your sleep now.
        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
          You have no idea my friend..., start catching up on your sleep now.

I'm sorry, did you say something? I dozed off.....

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

im gonna try to get into the basketball and baseball seasons.

the rockies are trying to go back to the big hitter days. we already have larry walker todd helton, preston wilson, jeromy burnitz, vinny castilla,and charles johnson, all should have at least 20 homers, will be fun to watch. i dont like that they moved shawn chacon to closer , he was becoming an awesome starter

who am i kiddin, 280 more days
            Last edited by Return of Lava; 01-13-2004, 10:22 AM.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I WILL BE WATCHING ROYALS BASEBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ROYALS!!!!!! WE GOT JUAN GONE, SO WE SHOULD BE 95-67 THIS YEAR!!! ONE THING ABOUT THE ROYALS IS THEY DON'T CHOKE LIKE THE CHIEFS DO! WHEN THEY GET TO THE PLAYOFFS THEY USUALLY WIN!!!!
              [QUOTE]
              If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                I WILL BE WATCHING ROYALS BASEBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ROYALS!!!!!! WE GOT JUAN GONE, SO WE SHOULD BE 95-67 THIS YEAR!!! ONE THING ABOUT THE ROYALS IS THEY DON'T CHOKE LIKE THE CHIEFS DO! WHEN THEY GET TO THE PLAYOFFS THEY USUALLY WIN!!!!
                When does that happen exactly? Was their last trip to the playoffs back when they won it all with George Brett, et al?

Vince Lombardi

Comment

LETS GO ROYALS!
                  It will be good to be sitting out at Kauffmann once again...
                  Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
                    When does that happen exactly? Was their last trip to the playoffs back when they won it all with George Brett, et al?
                    The Tide is going to Change PIK! This year we are going to WIN the CENTRAL!!!

C Benito Santiago
                    1B Ken Harvey
                    2B Desi Relaford
                    3B Joe Randa
                    SS Angel Berroa
                    OF Carlos Beltran
                    OF Aaron Guile
                    OF Juan Gonzalez
                    OF Matt Stairs
                    DH Mike Sweeney

SP Brian Anderson
                    SP Darrell May
                    SP Kevin Appier
                    SP Kyle Snyder
                    SP Jimmy Gobble
                    RP Curtis "The Mechanic" Leskanic
                    RP Scott Sullivan
                    RP Jason Grimsley
                    RP Jeremy Affeldt
                    RP Mike MacDougal

Nice Lineup Heh!!!
                    [QUOTE]
                    If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Good looking pitching staff, really coming into their own. If they can pick up the momentum they had last year they could do some real damage.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

RP Jeremy Affeldt
                        Wasn't he promised his starting job again?
                        But WOW! What a reliever thogh!
                        Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Yep... appears I'll be one o' the many watching Hockey once FB season is over. The Avalanche are doing well this year with the off season additions of Teemu Selanne & Paul Kariya. We're sitting right behind Vancouver in the NW. I watched 'em beat up on Dallas the other day. Good stuff

I don't watch much in the way of Baseball or Basketball to be honest. Neither of them do much for me. Doh... gotta catch a conference call. Will come back and edit this later

Nuff said... ( for now )

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                          ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

All Cardinals here. Been a Cardinal fan as long as I have lived in Missouri. The closest MLB team when I lived in Utah was the Dodgers, but I quickly became loyal to the Cardinals after moving to Missouri. Still like the Dodgers, but the Cards are my team now.
                            Thanks for the memories, John. We will always remember you.

You look great in Canton! Perhaps I'll get to see you some day...

Comment

The Tide is going to Change PIK! This year we are going to WIN the CENTRAL!!!

C Benito Santiago
                              1B Ken Harvey
                              2B Desi Relaford
                              3B Joe Randa
                              SS Angel Berroa
                              OF Carlos Beltran
                              OF Aaron Guile
                              OF Juan Gonzalez
                              OF Matt Stairs
                              DH Mike Sweeney

SP Brian Anderson
                              SP Darrell May
                              SP Kevin Appier
                              SP Kyle Snyder
                              SP Jimmy Gobble
                              RP Curtis "The Mechanic" Leskanic
                              RP Scott Sullivan
                              RP Jason Grimsley
                              RP Jeremy Affeldt
                              RP Mike MacDougal

Nice Lineup Heh!!!
                              it is a nice lineup but u can only start 3 OF's.....

Comment

Working...
                              X