283 Days & Counting What Will U Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bronco30
    im big lakers fan but there droppin like flys need 2 get healthy n they'll b fine....kobe hurt his shoulder last he'll prolly go c doctor in CO it worked so good 4 his knee.....dipsh*t
    The Jazz are my team, but I also like the Lakers.

Shaquille O'Neal is just too good. The only comments people have against him are that he is too big and uses his size to bully everyone around. Last I checked, there wasn't anything wrong with a center being a big guy. As far as the bullying thing, he does the same things that almost everybody else in the NBA does (and it is perfectly legal), it's just that because he is so big it has more effect. I once saw Mike Bibby bumping someone down, and I (sarcastically) was calling for a foul. Everyone thought I was stupid, but that is the same thing Shaq does, and people think he should be called for a foul!
    Thanks for the memories, John. We will always remember you.

You look great in Canton! Perhaps I'll get to see you some day...

Comment

Originally posted by elwaymvp
      The Jazz are my team, but I also like the Lakers.

Shaquille O'Neal is just too good. The only comments people have against him are that he is too big and uses his size to bully everyone around. Last I checked, there wasn't anything wrong with a center being a big guy. As far as the bullying thing, he does the same things that almost everybody else in the NBA does (and it is perfectly legal), it's just that because he is so big it has more effect. I once saw Mike Bibby bumping someone down, and I (sarcastically) was calling for a foul. Everyone thought I was stupid, but that is the same thing Shaq does, and people think he should be called for a foul!
      the thing i dont like, is that when other players try to get physical back with shaq, they call fouls on the defender. shaq looks like he is effortlessly pushing around guys so there is no foul, but a defender has to use all his strength to keep him out the paint, i dont like when they call fouls on them. they should let that kind of thing slide, othrwise shaq ends up with 45 points and 26 rebounds.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

A list of things that will take up my time. Man could you imagine if the NFL played 24 games in a single season instead of the 16 they do now? We'd have to have more women loving sports than we do now. lol

1. Women
        2. Movies
        3. Dining out
        4. Hockey
        5. Videogames
        6. Music
        7. Parties
        8. Surfing the Net
        9. Playing games on Xbox Live
        10. Eating, Drinking and Breathing

Comment

Re: 283 Days & Counting What Will U Do

Originally posted by pikman
          It's 238 days until the start of the 2004 season. Man that seems like an awfully long time.
          Just wondering what you will do to fill the massive void left in our lives now that the NFL season is over (OK technically not over yet)
          For me at least I have hockey, and rooting for my beloved Red Wings to follow until June. Then I guess it'll be baseball and golf filling up my time until training camps start in August. By then I'm in such heavy football withdrawl that I'll be dieing for a lousy pre-season game.At least I can come here and chat about draft picks, and free agency and all the other details that may in some small way quench my thirst for the real deal.
          I am going to be pretty busy. I got about 1 month of rehab, 2 more suregeries and about 8 doctors appoitments sceduled for the next 6 months. Other than that, I will be working my upper body alot, watching basketball, playing Madden, and coming on here. I am going down to Colorado though this summer to look at houses and visit family. Oh yah, school, dont mean to brag but I got to keep up my 4.0.LOL

Comment

Well, I am getting married in April and taking a Carribean cruise for a week. Very much looking forward to that. Just bought our new house so there is lots of yard work to do and I also follow (2nd year now) the arena team in Las Vegas. GO GLADIATORS! Will probably attend at least half of their games. Vegas is 170 miles south of us so it can be a long trip sometimes.

I hope everyone has a great summer!

tick...tock...tick....tock..... when is kickoff again?
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Re: 283 Days & Counting What Will U Do

Originally posted by pikman
              ...and rooting for my beloved Red Wings to follow until June...
              Hell yeah, Red Wings rule!

It is a long time away, I know, it sucks. At least there's the Pro Bowl, one final chance to see some of your team's players in action...

Comment

Re: Re: 283 Days & Counting What Will U Do

Originally posted by dandaman23
                I am going to be pretty busy. I got about 1 month of rehab, 2 more suregeries and about 8 doctors appoitments sceduled for the next 6 months. Other than that, I will be working my upper body alot, watching basketball, playing Madden, and coming on here. I am going down to Colorado though this summer to look at houses and visit family. Oh yah, school, dont mean to brag but I got to keep up my 4.0.LOL
                Good luck on your rehab. What happened, if you don't mind me asking?

Get well soon.

Comment

Thanks kcchiefsrule,
                  I broke my tibea and fibula. I broke them pretty bad too. I had to have 9 screws and a metal plate put in. I broke it all the way from about the midpoint of my tibea all the way down to the end of the ankle bone. It was pretty bad.

Comment

Thanks kcchiefsrule,
                    I broke my tibea and fibula. I broke them pretty bad too. I had to have 9 screws and a metal plate put in. I broke it all the way from about the midpoint of my tibea all the way down to the end of the ankle bone. It was pretty bad.
                    Oh, that's too bad (sounds horrifying to me; never had a broken bone; kind of a wussy, lol). Sounds like you're doing pretty good, hope all goes well.

Comment

Thanks kcchiefsrule,
                      I broke my ankle last year too. It sucked. You got me beat on the screw count. I have 7 with my plate. I had surgery on June 6th and still nursing it. I am an avid skier but not taking any trips this year.

Good Luck on your healing process.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kcchiefsrule
                        Oh, that's too bad (sounds horrifying to me; never had a broken bone; kind of a wussy, lol). .
                        Same here. Maybe we are just lucky. Or have harder bones or something. Don't think it makes us wussies, though.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

LOL I always thought I was a wussy when it came to broken bones too because I had never broke one before last year. I am 41 years old and the pain was nothing like I imagined it would be.

The real pain was after surgery trying to move around during the healing process. Stumbling around on those dam crutches I kicked the dresser. Now THAT brought tears to the eyes.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                            LOL I always thought I was a wussy when it came to broken bones too because I had never broke one before last year. I am 41 years old and the pain was nothing like I imagined it would be.

The real pain was after surgery trying to move around during the healing process. Stumbling around on those dam crutches I kicked the dresser. Now THAT brought tears to the eyes.

Well, a 41 year old will heal a lot slower than a younger person. It all depends on what kind of fracture you had, too.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

I only have one thing to say to all you men......

Natural Childbirth - No Drugs (twice)

Top that

But I've never broken a bone either, and I grew up riding horses and on a farm (several large animals trampling various body parts at some point) and have not encountered a broken bone, not even a sprain or strain........

I guess I'm one of those that say "At least I got my health"

Comment

I never broken a bone before or had any surgery...thank god for vitamins and a lot of luck!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Working...
                                X