283 Days & Counting What Will U Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
    LOL I always thought I was a wussy when it came to broken bones too because I had never broke one before last year. I am 41 years old and the pain was nothing like I imagined it would be.

The real pain was after surgery trying to move around during the healing process. Stumbling around on those dam crutches I kicked the dresser. Now THAT brought tears to the eyes.
    I've broken 6 bones in my life, with the worst being my femur after a skiinng accident (I call it a draw, but witnesses say the tree won although it has since died). I've also had about 6 concussions and passed two kidney stones. But all this pales in compares to having a baby with no medicine. To all you women: I salute you. Thank God I am a man!!
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
      I've broken 6 bones in my life, with the worst being my femur after a skiinng accident (I call it a draw, but witnesses say the tree won although it has since died). I've also had about 6 concussions and passed two kidney stones. But all this pales in compares to having a baby with no medicine. To all you women: I salute you. Thank God I am a man!!
      Man, maybe I am a wuss. I slightly sprained an ankle once. That's it. And I did play sports and run and was generally and active young guy.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
        Man, maybe I am a wuss. I slightly sprained an ankle once. That's it. And I did play sports and run and was generally and active young guy.
        Like someone said earlier, just because you haven't had any injuries doesn't make you a wuss. You might be luckier, or perhaps smarter, but for most people it isn't because they are or are not a wuss. Most of my injuries are a result of doing something dumb.

For example:

Playing football in my friends backyard, surrounded by a cinderblock fence, and diving head first to catch a ball. Of course I went head first into the cinderblock fence knocking my self out cold and cracking the cinderblock. First concussion age 10.

Skiing fast in between trees and then going off a jump without realizing what is on the other side. I was showing off in front of the lifts and took the jump. That was when I hit the tree and broke my femur. Age 21, and yes alcohol was a factor.

Racing a car down a hill only to promptly crash into a parked car. Age 12, resulting in broken arm and second concussion.
        Last edited by rascal; 01-14-2004, 12:41 PM.

You too Cutler.

Comment

I know i been lucky, no broken bones, no muscle tears, no ruptured anythings, only a couple jammed fingers and sprained ankles or sore knees. I used to do a lot of jumping off roofs, played football, wrestled(scary now) and street brawls, and never been hurt too bad.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Like someone said earlier, just because you haven't had any injuries doesn't make you a wuss. You might be luckier, or perhaps smarter, but for most people it isn't because they are or are not a wuss. Most of my injuries are a result of doing something dumb.

For example:

Playing football in my friends backyard, surrounded by a cinderblock fence, and diving head first to catch a ball. Of course I went head first into the cinderblock fence knocking my self out cold and cracking the cinderblock. First concussion age 10.

Skiing fast in between trees and then going off a jump without realizing what is on the other side. I was showing off in front of the lifts and took the jump. That was when I hit the tree and broke my femur. Age 21, and yes alcohol was a factor.

Racing a car down a hill only to promptly crash into a parked car. Age 12, resulting in broken arm and second concussion.
            I think you are right. A lot of that was dumb stuff, btu live an learn right?

I am sure you are not a dumb person. Maybe I am lucky, and not as much of a risk taker! Alcohol and skiing sounds like a particulalry bad combo to me, although I have never skiied, so what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
              Alcohol and skiing sounds like a particulalry bad combo to me, although I have never skiied, so what do I know?
              No you are right, it is dumb. Very dumb. Sometimes I have a tendecy to put common sense on the back burner and turn it off.

Somehow I managed to survive my teens, much to the dismay of my parents.

Oh one more thing. Do not ever shoot a bull in the nuts with a pellet gun.

Nuff said.
              Last edited by rascal; 01-14-2004, 12:53 PM.

You too Cutler.

Comment

I went skiing only one time. I hated it! i couldnt ski one lick. I remember i was about 5 years old at the training line trying to grab hold of the moving bar. everybody else did it so easy, but i was stunblin along falling off and crying. on top of that i had frostbite while i tried to go to the bathroom. It just felt wierd to ski, like my shoes were way to big.
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                  I went skiing only one time. I hated it! i couldnt ski one lick. I remember i was about 5 years old at the training line trying to grab hold of the moving bar. everybody else did it so easy, but i was stunblin along falling off and crying. on top of that i had frostbite while i tried to go to the bathroom. It just felt wierd to ski, like my shoes were way to big.
                  My shoe size is 15 so I was prepared.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Oh one more thing. Do not ever shoot a bull in the nuts with a pellet gun.

Nuff said.
                    LMMFAO.....

I can't even imagine......

LOL...very loudly....

Comment

I've got arthritis!
                      [QUOTE]
                      If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                        I've got arthritis!
                        25 and complaining of arthritis, either you are a wuss, or when you get older your life is going to suck.

You too Cutler.

Comment

My shoe size is 15 so I was prepared.
                          ummmmm..........can I ask? Or would that be impolite cause your married

Comment

25 and complaining of arthritis, either you are a wuss, or when you get older your life is going to suck.

No, its a joke, I got arthritis in my **** and its getting stiff!!!! For the ladies only!
                            [QUOTE]
                            If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
                              ummmmm..........can I ask? Or would that be impolite cause your married
                              I was wondering if somebody would get that. My body is in proportion to everything else

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                                No, its a joke, I got arthritis in my **** and its getting stiff!!!! For the ladies only!
                                I figured it was but I thought I would dive in.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Working...
                                X