No announcement yet.

BVP: 4 0; Jake 0 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THIS was not the kind of game you want to give your relatively untested QB any kind of playing experience.

Jake actually ESCAPED a couple of big time sacks later in the game. Could Bradley? Maybe, maybe not. With the way players were limping off the field in that game would it be worth the risk to your backup QB and suggest to your starter that because of a flawed performance you've lost confidence in his ability?

No chance.

When you're punshing the opposition by several scores and the games "out of reach", THAT'S when you relieve your starting QB, not when the opposing Defense is handing your Offense there collective behinds.

Win, lose, or draw, Plummer needed to finish that game.
    That's what he gets paid to do.

Comment

Originally posted by jubei
      Just to clarify: I was responding to a post by PR-Broncomaniac about yanking Plummer right now to make BVP the starter. As far as I can tell, we are in agreement. Perhaps my post was too vague?
      I just didnt read his post as replacing him on a full time basis. It's not really clear if that's what PR meant.

BVP certianly isnt ready to take the job from Jake, and I like the kid, alot! I just thought at the time, a change was in order, and I dont think it sends any kind of wrong message to a team to take out a starter when he's doing poorly, as Nugget said.

It has happened before, and will again someday.

*shrug*

Comment

Do I have to title this?

In the old days, you could selectively address responses ("the times, they are a-changing")

Well, given that I have apparently not kept up with the times, here is my general response to all of you fine Bronco fans out there:

Yes, the Broncos, as a team, pretty much sucked today.

The Defense was out on the field way too long (heat & humidity, which I do not do well with, myself)

I think that Jake was running scared (a little). He was doing anything (even making poor tosses, even tossin' the ball over heads) to avoid the "bad Jake" legacy of last season--tossing an interception.

Sooo, if I were head coach....

I'd give BVD a little practice time in the big leagues, with 9 minutes left in the 4th.

So, you say, he's not ready? Well, talk to me about other potential star QB's at his age. Did they get to be stars by sittin' on the friggin' BENCH?

I think not. If BVP is truly star quality (which I think he his) he will not be sitting on the bench for long. We may very well face him, next season, against a team who had the vision to pick him up.

One way or the other, he will not be on the bench for long, if he's smart.

Bottom line: We know what Jake can do, pretty much.

Does anyone out there know what BVP can do?

Personally, I'd like to find out.

This is nothing against Jake. I wish him the best. Perhaps he just needs a little BVP bite in the a*s?

Best regards and thanks for the fray...

buck
        Life, for me, has been an ongoing education. When Graduation Day arrives, my diploma will be my death certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Jedi
          THIS was not the kind of game you want to give your relatively untested QB any kind of playing experience.

Jake actually ESCAPED a couple of big time sacks later in the game. Could Bradley? Maybe, maybe not. With the way players were limping off the field in that game would it be worth the risk to your backup QB and suggest to your starter that because of a flawed performance you've lost confidence in his ability?

No chance.

When you're punshing the opposition by several scores and the games "out of reach", THAT'S when you relieve your starting QB, not when the opposing Defense is handing your Offense there collective behinds.

Win, lose, or draw, Plummer needed to finish that game.
          That's what he gets paid to do.
          Mike Shanahan agreed with you obviously. I never thought he would take time off in the middle of the game to come in and read my post, and then go make the change.

As for my reasoning, see above......

Comment

It is plumbers fault

I just finished re-wathcing the game, and I have to say Jake 'the bum' Plummer is the reason we lost. He started 0-6 with three 3 and outs. His defense helped him out as much as possilble with 3 turnovers and he did nothing.

In the beginning of the game his o-line gave him plenty of time to throw and a few good chances to run and he just threw up some of the most pathetic passes I have ever seen by a starting QB, and no I don't think putting BVP in was a good idea (even though I would have liked it), but I think he would have done much better in those situations and made more of the oppurtunities (judging by some of the things he did in preseason)

Jakes extremely poor play led to several things going drastically wrong with the entire team: he shook the whole teams confidence, allowed Miami to stuff the run, exhausted the defense, and gave Miami some un needed confidence.

I love the Broncos, I hope they do well, but after watching the game this is how i feel about Plummer.

i'll finish with two words... Matt Leinart
            if not those two then Omar Jacobs

Comment

The last thing the Broncos need is Jake worrying about his job!...I had the pleasure of watching most of the Jets/Chiefs game... And we think WE have problems?!... They took Chad Overrated Pennington out deep in the 4th quarter and put in (coincidently) QB Jay Fiedler... He scored the lone Jets meaningless TD in GARBAGE TIME... All Edwards did was make Chad's confidence worse, and threaten his job... The thought of Van Pelt is intriguing, but only in a scenario if: 1) Jake got hurt badly today, and he was probably going to be out all year (like what happened to Bledsoe)... 2)They released Jake in March, and this was the plan all along... 3)The season was practically done already in week 8 or 9, Jake was not going to be here next year anyway... We WILL rebound from this, everyone needs to relax... Deep breaths, now. In, and out...
              "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million."-Shannon Sharpe

Comment

Working...
              X