Broncs Lb's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncs Lb's

Who was the best LB the Broncs have had?

1)Randy Gradishar
    2)Karl Mecklenburg (My personal fav, hence Stick77)
    3)Tom Jackson
    4)Michael Haynes
    5)Al Wilson

Fell free to add to the list or comment on the above mentioned.
    Karl Mecklenburg 77 should be in the HOF!!

My vote goes to Meck! I think he's the most complete LB on your list. He was a beast!!! Although I'd have to say Romo was pretty intense.

Comment

I would go with Mecklenburg but if Mecklenburg and Wilson was playing at the same time I would go with Al Wilson straight up.

Comment

Tom Jackson (in locker room after 1977 AFC championship game): "Do they believe us now? Do we have some believers now? Do we have some believers now?"

One of the best. Proven now when his face has frozen into the Butkus/Singletary killing stare. One of the greats.
        Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Originally posted by sportsgeist
          I would go with Mecklenburg but if Mecklenburg and Wilson was playing at the same time I would go with Al Wilson straight up.
          Wilson is great, don't get me wrong, but if I remember right, Meck used to rush the passer better.

Comment

I love [email protected] The guy is a bullet! The best shot had to be on Ricky Williams...sat his butt down!

As for Meck....you know..I watched the 86 til retirement of Mecklenberg and I didn't see anything flashy or special about the guy. In a way..he was an average LB.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Re: Broncs Lb's

Originally posted by stick77
              Who was the best LB the Broncs have had?

1)Randy Gradishar
              2)Karl Mecklenburg (My personal fav, hence Stick77)
              3)Tom Jackson
              4)Michael Haynes
              5)Al Wilson

Who is Michael Haynes? I remember a CB named Mark Haynes, but I dont know who Michael is. Maybe Michael Brooks? He was a good one.
              Gradishar, Jackson, and Meck have to be the best ever.
              Any of the four from '77 were great, Jackson, Gradishar, Joe Rizzo and Bob Swenson were an amazing linebacker unit.

Quick: I haven't had my ass whipped in a while. Probably been since like...1911?
              Sugar Ray: Yeah, thats when you were born and the doctor slapped you on the ass.
              Quick: Yes, thats the last ass whipping I recall. And I'm looking for him.

Comment

I have to go with a tie btwn Meck and Jackson. Both were fairly small, but damn did they have talent !

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Anybody but Jackson....ever since his tear jerking speech after Rush's deal, I cant stand his azz!
                  I loved Meck & Grad. They were monsters compared to the little lb's nowadays.
                  Wilson, though, IS THE MAN, now.
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Broncs Lb's

Originally posted by thesaint
                    Who is Michael Haynes? I remember a CB named Mark Haynes, but I dont know who Michael is. Maybe Michael Brooks? He was a good one.
                    Any of the four from '77 were great, Jackson, Gradishar, Joe Rizzo and Bob Swenson were an amazing linebacker unit.
                    Dido saint. The linebacking core from '77 was one the best in football. I think one of the reasons that Gradishar has never gotten a lot of press was because he played in same era as Jack Lambert, but in my humble opinion I think Gradishar was every bit as good as Lambert.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Gradishar by far! The guy had multiple seasons of 200 + tackles. He should have been the 1st Bronco in the Hall of Fame instead of us having to wait for Elway!
                      "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

Originally posted by spikerman
                        Gradishar by far! The guy had multiple seasons of 200 + tackles. He should have been the 1st Bronco in the Hall of Fame instead of us having to wait for Elway!
                        He holds the record for most consecutive seasons of 200 or more tackles in season. I think he did for 10 straight years, that awesome.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                          He holds the record for most consecutive seasons of 200 or more tackles in season. I think he did for 10 straight years, that awesome.

So why in the H$** can't he get into the HOF?
                          "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

Because politics and he doen't have ring. After John and Gary get in I think his chances will improve.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Re: Re: Broncs Lb's

Originally posted by thesaint
                              Mark Haynes was a DB drafted out of CU by the NY Giants. He played for the Broncos I believe in the mid to late '80's. Very good single cover guy. But he did'nt have much success here. Mike Haynes was a DB for the Patriots and the Raiders if I remember correctly. Roughly the same time frame as well.
                              Last edited by Broncofanjp; 01-14-2004, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X