No announcement yet.

Mile High Stadium vs. Arrowhead Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old MH was louder but the New one will be louder than MH ever was next year.

I didn't read all the responses on this thread yet so if this was already mentioned than disregard.

Anyway we set supposedly set a world record at the Pats game the last year of the old stadium in 2000.

The funny thing was they had all the measurement devices on the field at half time and much of the crowd was walking around getting beers and using the restrooms. There were several other louder times that day.

Anyway up until the KC and Cleveland game I'd say the crowd noise was lacking. Those two games IMO were pretty darn loud but there is still room for improvement.

Let's face it Griese didn't really give the crowd much to cheer about since we moved into the new digs. The Broncos are back with Jake leading the way and the Mile High Magic will return to the stadium next year in full force!!!!

*******COMPLAINT TO FRONT OFFICE***
    One last complaint to the front office. I brought in some aluminum cow bells to the raider game this year. I had six of them that were confiscated by the security. Cowbells have been a tradition of MH for decades.

These things were soft little toys. I was told they were dangerous blunt objects.
    If that is the case what about the 80,000 orange pom poms handed out. I'm glad they were offered but an 8 inch plastic solid handle couldnt' be used to poke an eye out?

These little cowbells would bend instantly if they were used as a weapon.

I could rant on and on about the security and how the front office has contributed to the lack of noise at MH. I will leave it at that for now.
    REVITALIZE MILE HIGH!!!
    MILE HIGH MAGIC LIVES!!!
    GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Re: Mile High Stadium vs. Arrowhead Stadium

Originally posted by AsianOrange
      Well..here's the ultimate question of the day...

Which Stadium is the loudest and definetely THE HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE to have...

State your facts and don't sound stupid!
      It's "Arrowhea" not "Arrowhead."

We all know there's no D there.
      Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Meck77¨
        One last complaint to the front office. I brought in some aluminum cow bells to the raider game this year. I had six of them that were confiscated by the security. Cowbells have been a tradition of MH for decades.
        The following items are not permitted into the stadium:
        Artificial noise makers

rules and regs for Invesco stadium

I believe most stadiums have rules against noise makers. It may be an NFL thing.
        Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Re: Re: Mile High Stadium vs. Arrowhead Stadium

Originally posted by ReasonableChief
          It's "Arrowhea" not "Arrowhead."

We all know there's no D there.
          [email protected]#

And it's Mile High Stadium...not Mile is High Stadium!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by cheapseats
            Artificial noise makers

I believe most stadiums have rules against noise makers. It may be an NFL thing.
            This is something that annoys the hell out of me watching NFL Europe. The fans all bring whistles and they are constantly blowing them. It creates a high pitched never ending sound. Not to mention it has fooled me before thinking a ref had blown the whistle, when in fact it was a fan in the stands. Surprised they allow that to continue.

It is sort of like watching college basketball. Sometimes I want to reach through the screen and shove something in the cheerleaders mouths. I just get so bothered by their constant yelling and repetitious chants.

OK. I feel better now. LOL
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Wrong. Did you watch the Rams game? There were thousands of those inflatable balloon type noise makers that the fans were given to bang together. Those things are loud as hell.
              Are you talking about the Thunder Sticks of Doom?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by cheapseats
                Artificial noise makers

Wrong. Did you watch the Rams game? There were thousands of those inflatable balloon type noise makers that the fans were given to bang together. Those things are loud as hell.

There were many mistakes that were made by the Broncos/owner that were made when they transitioned us to the new stadium that contributed to the lack of noise/mile high magic.

I don't want to slam Bowlen on his own forum because I still believe he is the best owner in Football but the facts are the facts. However I don't believe the fans perspective was high on his list when the switch was made. I know you can't make all the people happy all the time but IMO it could have been done better.

Sorry Asian I was editing after you posted.

Yes I'm talking about the thunder sticks. Would you not consider those noise makers?
                REVITALIZE MILE HIGH!!!
                MILE HIGH MAGIC LIVES!!!
                GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Yes I'm talking about the thunder sticks. Would you not consider those noise makers?
                  The NFL rules may state that a fan cannot take noise makers into the stadium. That doesn't prohibit a stadium from handing them out once the fans are inside.

Like I said, I don't know what the NFL rules are, but I do know that ALL stadiums I have been to have not allowed them.

Comment

Sorry Asian I was editing after you posted.

Oh yea....those thunder sticks can make a mute sound that makes it hard to hear because your head is all mummed.

Comment

TEMS PROHIBITED in Network Associates Coliseum:

Hard sided, large coolers, backpacks and large bags (all small bags permitted will be searched)
                      Glass bottles, thermos and aluminum cans
                      Beverages with a broken seal (including previously opened water bottles)
                      Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
                      Noisemakers of any kind (NFL rule)
                      Scooters, umbrellas or portable chairs
                      Fireworks, firearms or weapons of any kind
                      Any kind of poles or sticks
                      Video cameras (NFL rule)

found here

I can't find a listing of NFL rules pertaining to the stadiums themselves, so I don't know how bang sticks are allowed. But a simply google of 'noisemakers nfl' will give you many pages of stadiums policies and regulations, and they all state no noise makers.

Comment

Working...
                      X