John's officially a finalist.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John's officially a finalist.....

I'll go out on a limb and say John will make it in. hehe....but is Zimmerman a lock?

CANTON, Ohio -- Running back Barry Sanders and quarterback John Elway, both first-year eligible candidates, head the list of 15 finalists for election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2004.

The Hall of Fame's Board of Selectors will meet again in Houston, Texas, the day before the Super Bowl -- Jan. 31 -- to elect the 2004 inductees. In order to be elected, a finalist must receive a minimum positive vote of 80 percent.

Elway played his entire career with the Denver Broncos, capturing Super Bowl championships in his final two seasons. Meanwhile, Sanders spent all of his career with the Detroit Lions and currently sits third on the all-time rushing list with 15,269 yards.

The other finalists announced Wednesday were wide receivers Art Monk and Bob Hayes; defensive ends Richard Dent, Carl Eller and Jim Marshall; linebacker Harry Carson; guard Bob Kuechenberg; safety Cliff Harris; cornerback Lester Hayes; tackles Bob Brown and Gary Zimmerman; tackle Rayfield Wright; and general manager/administrator George Young.

Carson, a former New York Giants linebacker, and Young are automatic finalists after finishing in the top six of the voting last year.

A player needs to be retired for at least five years to be eligible for Hall of Fame consideration. Non-players have no mandatory retirement period, but coaches must be done working before becoming eligible.

After a 2003 class of running back Marcus Allen, defensive end Elvin Bethea, guard Joe DeLamielleure, wide receiver James Lofton and coach Hank Stram, there are currently 221 members of the Hall of Fame.
    "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

No Gradishar! I'm sure it has been discussed here before but is it too late? Can he still get in next year or what? Will he ever get in,because he certainly deserves it.

Comment

I have a feeling Zimmerman will get in also, it would be the perfect to Elways inception. The only thing better would be for Gradishar to get into the Hall with them.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I want to go and see the induction.
        Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

WHEN John is inducted to the HOF

anyone else gonna be there? I've already reserved my tickets for the August 8, 2004 ceremony.

Comment

I am going

That would be awesome if the Albino Rhino made it in this year too.

Comment

Re: WHEN John is inducted to the HOF

Originally posted by donjuan
              anyone else gonna be there? I've already reserved my tickets for the August 8, 2004 ceremony.
              As have I!

Comment

Re: WHEN John is inducted to the HOF

Originally posted by donjuan
                Who's John?

John who?
                [QUOTE]
                If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Re: Re: WHEN John is inducted to the HOF

Originally posted by dhall26
                  Who's John?

John who?
                  you are too funny... dhall who?
                  Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Ill be there, thats the only good thing about living in PA, im close to the ohio border and the HOF is only about a 45min drive

Comment

I'll be there! I have five tickets..... Has anyone started looking for hotels?? I was looking around and they are going really quick

Comment

Working...
                      X