No announcement yet.

What's your definition of being a "fan?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I chose #2, as that's what I think best describes me, but naturally the absolute definition encompasses the understandably absent ‘all of the above’. One of things I’ve learned here is that fans come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and levels of mental stability. That’s not so surprising since a fanatic is defined as ‘one possessed by excessive or irrational zeal’.

Oh sure, we’d all like to think that we’re “#2’s”, but ask someone close to you - from their perspective you might not be who you think you are. That’s because we’re not - not all the time at least. By our very nature, by the definition itself – we’re all crazy!!! (Some just more so, and more frequently than others.)

We all have dabbled in or know many people in the other groups, and I almost went off citing my own experiences, examples and opinions of the others, but I won’t. I’m not that crazy. Not tonight anyway…

In the end, as far as my FANaticism goes, all that matters are my Broncos. I know that their success is interwoven with my happiness (and the happiness of those around me), so it’s only natural that I want them to do well. If that means thinking... uh... I mean knowing a win will come by breaking out my lucky jockstrap and doing the ceremonial 3 circle beer chug 10 minutes before home games and 5 minutes before away games then I’m down with it. However, I might just break things too and secretly wish in the recesses of my mind that those “things” were certain necks of certain players and coaches…

But, I usually try to stay positive; I think it's easier on the lifespan that way. The Broncos had me at ‘hello’ and I’ll never leave them.

Good one, Jav!
    Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
      I chose #2, as that's what I think best describes me, but naturally the absolute definition encompasses the understandably absent ‘all of the above’. One of things I’ve learned here is that fans come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and levels of mental stability. That’s not so surprising since a fanatic is defined as ‘one possessed by excessive or irrational zeal’.
      You know, I was going to add a "none of the above" or "Different strokes for different folks" option but thought I'd get too many of those. So I tried to make to some broad descriptions that would at least come close to most people.

Thanks to everyone who voted!
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Suprising Pole

Why hasnt anyone voted on the last 2 options???

I know what a true fan is, its number 2, but there were plenty of #4 and #5 fans here all week long yelling and griping(like women) about the team.

So i ask any one that can answer " Where the Hell did they go??? "

I know there around but why havnt they showed up on this pole yet??? got me stumped
        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

a "true" fan is anyone who wishes the Broncos to win. It's as simple as that. I am happy that there are pessimists and optimists on this board. If everyone was happy all the time and agreed all the time, it would be boring. If everyone was angry all the time, no one would have fun. I like to think I'm somewhere in between and I thank all of you who are negative (I hope life gets better for you) and all of you who are blindly optimistic. I look at like politics: democrats and republicans all disagree, but they are all Americans and we are all Bronco fans. GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
          X