Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Chargers run the ball toward Champ's side of the field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Chargers run the ball toward Champ's side of the field?

Will the Chargers run the ball toward Champ's side of the field? Because I sure would.

Champ is normally excellent in run support and I have a feeling that he'll have a hard time not going all out when tackling a running back. If San Diego is smart they'll run his way a lot because a couple good pops could take him out of the game.

I love having Bailey on the Broncos but I'm not sure it's smart to play him so soon after dislocating his shoulder. I would imagine that the chances are pretty decent that he'll reinjure the shoulder and make things worse.

What do you think? Is Champ's heart too big for his own good? Should the coaches refuse to let him play? Or is this game too important to not risk possibly reinjuring Champ? Will the Chargers try to run the ball more in his direction?
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Defintely, if Bailey is out, their is no question that you would run to his side...but keep in mind Bailey's backup is Darrent Williams..he's not to shabby of a tackler for a 5' 8" corner...
    fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan303
      Defintely, if Bailey is out, their is no question that you would run to his side...but keep in mind Bailey's backup is Darrent Williams..he's not to shabby of a tackler for a 5' 8" corner...
      No, I mean if Bailey actually plays (he's listed as probable) will the Chargers offense target him because of his injury.
      ------

Comment

odds on, he won't last the 2nd quarter......

Comment

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think SD will be overly concerned one way or another. I'm not sure Champ Bailey scares anybody anymore.
          "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

prolly they need all the help they can get to win
            sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

i'm not expecting him to be an every down back. He will see alot of playing time, but I wouldn't suprise if it is only in maybe 3rd and longs and critical situations.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
                i'm not expecting him to be an every down back. He will see alot of playing time, but I wouldn't suprise if it is only in maybe 3rd and longs and critical situations.
                well u want the chargers to win so i wont believe this post
                sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Huh?

Originally posted by spikerman
                  As much as I hate to say it, I don't think SD will be overly concerned one way or another. I'm not sure Champ Bailey scares anybody anymore.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe

-----
                    Sorry, what's confusing about that?
                    "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

Comment

Originally posted by spikerman
                      Champ had a descent week against the phins. 6 tackles, 1 pick. and he didn't even the entire game. CB is still one of top cornerbacks in the league and questionably the best. The guy still had a great year last season, just a couple bit him in the ass, and all cornerbacks get burned. I'm sure Deion did a few times as well. He'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                        Will the Chargers run the ball toward Champ's side of the field? Because I sure would.

Champ is normally excellent in run support and I have a feeling that he'll have a hard time not going all out when tackling a running back. If San Diego is smart they'll run his way a lot because a couple good pops could take him out of the game.

I love having Bailey on the Broncos but I'm not sure it's smart to play him so soon after dislocating his shoulder. I would imagine that the chances are pretty decent that he'll reinjure the shoulder and make things worse.

What do you think? Is Champ's heart too big for his own good? Should the coaches refuse to let him play? Or is this game too important to not risk possibly reinjuring Champ? Will the Chargers try to run the ball more in his direction?
                        If I was Marty, I would go after him relentlessly until he gives! Taking out Champ for several weeks only helps them.

I would really prefer they keep Champ out. No game is that big except the last game! I think those chances of re-injury are high. We need him for the long haul, not just tomorrow.

Lets say he plays, and does pretty well, like last week. Then in the 3rd he takes a shot and is gone for 4 weeks.

Would you rather have him for those four weeks, or just tomorrow? I'd take the four weeks personally. KC is just as important. And we will certianly need him for Jacksonville and New England. Not to mention Washington.

I wonder if Portis will try to put the hurt on him, assuming he's available for that game...........

I think the Chargers go after him.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
                          well u want the chargers to win so i wont believe this post
                          lol, when did i ever say i want the chargers to win? Broncos lose I get a crap load of cp's, Broncs win and they go 1-1, which could possibly put them in first place tie. Hmmm, which would I rather have? I hope i'm dishing out CP's for a long time.

I actually didd wanna switch my pick now that Bailey is playing, he is a gamebreaker, he makes our backfield 10x better. But don't know if it is too late to actually change my prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
                            Champ had a descent week against the phins. 6 tackles, 1 pick. and he didn't even the entire game. CB is still one of top cornerbacks in the league and questionably the best. The guy still had a great year last season, just a couple bit him in the ass, and all cornerbacks get burned. I'm sure Deion did a few times as well. He'll be fine.
                            I'm not saying he's not a good player. I just don't feel like teams go out of their way to avoid him. In fact, sometimes it almost looked like the teams were targeting him (ie: Cincy and Oakland). I would agree that he is probably one of the better cb's in the league, but I do not think teams shy away from him.

Even in the game last week, the Dolphins went right at him. True, they didn't have success, but they definitely targeted his side of the field. I'm glad he got the pick last week, but let's be honest; that ball hit him in the numbers. Now, I will also admit that the picks against KC and NO last year were two of the most athletic plays I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                              If I was Marty, I would go after him relentlessly until he gives! Taking out Champ for several weeks only helps them.

I would really prefer they keep Champ out. No game is that big except the last game! I think those chances of re-injury are high. We need him for the long haul, not just tomorrow.

Lets say he plays, and does pretty well, like last week. Then in the 3rd he takes a shot and is gone for 4 weeks.

Would you rather have him for those four weeks, or just tomorrow? I'd take the four weeks personally. KC is just as important. And we will certianly need him for Jacksonville and New England. Not to mention Washington.

I wonder if Portis will try to put the hurt on him, assuming he's available for that game...........

I think the Chargers go after him.
                              Yep, if you and I are thinking that way, it's a good bet the thought has crossed the mind's of the Chargers' offensive coaches.
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X