replied
    Originally posted by daspeedster
    why are u in this thread then Stupid!
    shut up you freakin idiot

Leave a comment:

• diesel51
    replied
    Found out on the Broncos home page

Tatum Bell sustained a sprained ankle, but Greek told Shanahan he expects him to be able to go on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• DAYNETRAYNE
    replied
    me 3.....

Originally posted by nybroncofan116
    My friend, i also suffered for like 5 years watching the giants just waste this guy's talent, i had to become a bronco fan once he signed. I root for the guy cause i think he really still has the fire in him to be a great back, and being your from NJ, u should know how hard he had it here, especially with the media labeling him a bust everytime he didnt get a 3rd and 1.
    i'm also from jerzee, and i've been following the guy since his High School days, and i was gald to see him come back home to play, but the giants never even gave this guy the time of day, and when they did, it just seem like they didnt want him to even suceed. but after this season, they will be kickin themselves in the @$$ for this mistake. i hope he runs all over the Giants when we play them next month. i'm just glad that he's out of NY, cuz i beleive he could of done big things anywhere if he would of left earlier, but the patience put him in the best place 4 running backs to succeed, and he's gonna make the most of it...

Leave a comment:

• nybroncofan116
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInNJ
    I'll agree that he doesn't have the speed that MA or TB have, but he makes up for it with his decision making. He makes a cut and goes for it. There's no shake and bake, no shimmy shi*, its one cut and forward. Alot of backs in the NFL would do better if they were happy with 4 yards vs. lost yardage because they try to make too much happen. I love Dayne, I suffered through watching him play here in NY for years...hopefully Shanny gives him he chances, he is very very underrated...hopefully you'll see...

My friend, i also suffered for like 5 years watching the giants just waste this guy's talent, i had to become a bronco fan once he signed. I root for the guy cause i think he really still has the fire in him to be a great back, and being your from NJ, u should know how hard he had it here, especially with the media labeling him a bust everytime he didnt get a 3rd and 1.

Leave a comment:

• Buff_bronc_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by broncofan303
    Ernster was a major roster mistake...we let go a lot just to keep this kicker... I say why not bring back Q...He'll be the same type of back that Sproles is for SD...3rd and long back and 2nd and draw downs....I don't see a problem with that, and i don't see why other people would have a problem with that either..

Bronc, I think we may be getting a little ahead of ourselves to call it a major roster mistake. I know we could have used the roster spot/and or draft pick. (Although when you get into those late rounds, any pick is a bit of a roll of the dice) But as far as using that spot, I just am not totally sold that Q should be on the roster. He would be the 4th stringer and while I don't necessarily have a problem with him coming on, the bottom line is his knee probably made him somewhat of a liability. In addition I'm sure Shanahan considered his fumbling issues, along with the fact that his running style doesn't really fit with a zone blocking scheme.

It wouldn't be a bad move to bring him in as the 4th back, as he knows the system... but I wouldn't advocate it. I think it was time to part ways and see what else is out there.

PS- Sorry this probably isn't the best thread for this post.... I'm sure Shanahan will update Bell's injury in his press conference this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• DAYNETRAYNE
    replied
    yes sirr.....

Originally posted by nas1
    I Hope Tatum Is O.k. And Comes Back Next Week More Focused. We Need Tatum He's The Only Back That We Have Who Can Turn The Corner. Remember The Cincy Game How Those Guys Just Waited For Reuben To Run Up The Middle. Q Got Demoted Then Hurt, Other Teams Tried To Do The Same But Mia. And S.d. Felt What Tatum Could Do. Tatum Must Have Thought Those Two Games Last Year Would Make Him The Starter This Year. He Needs To Get Well, Get Back And Get Focused.
    he may not be the featured back when its all said and done, but we really need him to get on track, andfocused about helping the team, b/c we really need his explosive speed. B/c MA is hurting, and until he gets 100%, we need tatem to help out Dayne.

Leave a comment:

• nas1
    replied
    I Hope Tatum Is O.k. And Comes Back Next Week More Focused. We Need Tatum He's The Only Back That We Have Who Can Turn The Corner. Remember The Cincy Game How Those Guys Just Waited For Reuben To Run Up The Middle. Q Got Demoted Then Hurt, Other Teams Tried To Do The Same But Mia. And S.d. Felt What Tatum Could Do. Tatum Must Have Thought Those Two Games Last Year Would Make Him The Starter This Year. He Needs To Get Well, Get Back And Get Focused.

Leave a comment:

• DAYNETRAYNE
    replied
    yup....

Originally posted by WinFirst
    Very true... again, I was happy with the overall result. I think RD is a quality addition to the team. In pre-season he was a machine.
    he defeinetly was a machine in preseason, and i'm sure after Sundays performance, he has answered all the ?????'s if he can do it aganst 1st teamers, and can he be effective in the reg. season....now u have it.....i beleive Dayne will be the leading rusher on the team by end of season., he might lead the team now, with that one game, if not he has the best ypc.

Leave a comment:

• daspeedster
    replied
    Originally posted by cdawg1001
    they arent off topic, the point is no one cares about tatum bell
    why are u in this thread then Stupid!

Leave a comment:

• WinFirst
    replied
    Originally posted by DAYNETRAYNE
    i agree, but he was just gettin warmed up,if he would of been on his 0th carry, i'm sure he would of broke and took it to the house, but he was also tryna read Smith's block,and the defender made a smart play, and pushed Rod into Dayne.
    Very true... again, I was happy with the overall result. I think RD is a quality addition to the team. In pre-season he was a machine.

Leave a comment:

• DAYNETRAYNE
    replied
    i agree.....

Originally posted by WinFirst
    I am interested in news on TB injury as well... I think he is the next great Broncos RB on the verge of breaking out. I know there wasn't much good to come out of the Miami game but TB did break a few & run hard. The things that made TD a perfect back for this system was size, speed, & the ability to make 1 cut & run downhill. TB has all these things & great vision. I understand that all these things must still be proved on the field but I think he will be special for us. Just my 2 cents......

And just to stoke the fire a bit did anyone else think that Ron Dayne should have broke that 4th down run for more yards. Not that the result wasn't great but one cut & he had a chance to take it to the house. In a tight game when the O was struggling, it could have been the difference. Anyone else agree?
    i agree, but he was just gettin warmed up,if he would of been on his 0th carry, i'm sure he would of broke and took it to the house, but he was also tryna read Smith's block,and the defender made a smart play, and pushed Rod into Dayne.

Leave a comment:

• WinFirst
    replied
    Originally posted by Zanataki
    Speed isn't everything just look at Bettis, he isn't the fastest guy but he does break tackles and is a good down hill runner.

True but how many other RB's are 5'10" & 280 who can move like the bus?

Leave a comment:

• Zanataki
    replied
    Speed isn't everything just look at Bettis, he isn't the fastest guy but he does break tackles and is a good down hill runner.

Leave a comment:

• WinFirst
    replied
    I am interested in news on TB injury as well... I think he is the next great Broncos RB on the verge of breaking out. I know there wasn't much good to come out of the Miami game but TB did break a few & run hard. The things that made TD a perfect back for this system was size, speed, & the ability to make 1 cut & run downhill. TB has all these things & great vision. I understand that all these things must still be proved on the field but I think he will be special for us. Just my 2 cents......

And just to stoke the fire a bit did anyone else think that Ron Dayne should have broke that 4th down run for more yards. Not that the result wasn't great but one cut & he had a chance to take it to the house. In a tight game when the O was struggling, it could have been the difference. Anyone else agree?

Leave a comment:

• Krugan
    replied
    I am still surprised Denver let Q go. Although with the return ability of Williams Q's spot become much smaller.

With that said and the recent history of Broncos backs and injury throughout the year, bringing Q back would be a great idea. Of course I dont get paid by a pro team to make decisions so this is just a gut feeling I have.

I think keeping Ernster was a mistake. Hopefully the Broncos will recognize this and make the steps to correct it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X