Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Win, Where are the critics now?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Great Win, Where are the critics now?

    Champions find ways to win games. And that's what the Broncos did today. Down 14-3 at the half, I'm sure the negative people were going nuts, preparing their "Time to fire _____ ______" threads... But meanwhile something was happening in the locker room that lit a fire under this defense.

    Look, I'm not hear to rub it in the face of all the people who jumped off our bandwagon after losing to the fish, I'll be the first to admit it, that was an "ugly win". But a win is a win is a win, and our D proved all the nay-sayers wrong, so come up with some new complaints. And although the offense didn't play as well as they COULD have, it didn't matter. Plummer got the job done, Elam got the job done. Plain and simple, Plummer made the plays he had to make to win. If you don't like Plummer or Shanny or Coyer, get ready for an annoying week because they deserve the praise whether you like it or not.

    I'll just guess the new complaints...
    We won, but we didn't get enough rushing yards...
    We won, but we had some big penalties...
    We won, but Plummer didn't throw a TD...
    We won, but Elam missed 2 53 yarders...
    We won, but Plummer had an interception...

    Some of you wouldn't be happy unless we won the way you invisioned it.

    Way to Go Broncos, and congrats to all the fans who stuck with us this week!

  • #2
    It was a decent win but we left alot of points on the field. The pass rush looks a bit better.

    Comment


    • #3
      I complete agree with you 100%

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BOBBLEHEAD
        It was a decent win but we left alot of points on the field. The pass rush looks a bit better.
        Your entitled to your opinion, but I would call that a Great Win...imagine how pumped up our defense is after that game...

        LOOKOUT CHIEFS! WE ARE COMING!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BOBBLEHEAD
          It was a decent win but we left alot of points on the field. The pass rush looks a bit better.
          I agree except I'd call it a sloppy win because of those points left on the field. Too many penalties. Oh and more Dayne, please. That was great...™
          This space for rent

          Comment


          • #6
            It was a sloppy win, but I'll take a sloppy win any day over a sloppy loss

            Plus I haven't ever been more pumped up about a Broncos Defense....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Broncos04Champs
              Champions find ways to win games. And that's what the Broncos did today. Down 14-3 at the half, I'm sure the negative people were going nuts, preparing their "Time to fire _____ ______" threads... But meanwhile something was happening in the locker room that lit a fire under this defense.

              Look, I'm not hear to rub it in the face of all the people who jumped off our bandwagon after losing to the fish, I'll be the first to admit it, that was an "ugly win". But a win is a win is a win, and our D proved all the nay-sayers wrong, so come up with some new complaints. And although the offense didn't play as well as they COULD have, it didn't matter. Plummer got the job done, Elam got the job done. Plain and simple, Plummer made the plays he had to make to win. If you don't like Plummer or Shanny or Coyer, get ready for an annoying week because they deserve the praise whether you like it or not.

              I'll just guess the new complaints...
              We won, but we didn't get enough rushing yards...
              We won, but we had some big penalties...
              We won, but Plummer didn't throw a TD...
              We won, but Elam missed 2 53 yarders...
              We won, but Plummer had an interception...

              Some of you wouldn't be happy unless we won the way you invisioned it.

              Way to Go Broncos, and congrats to all the fans who stuck with us this week!

              hey B-04 Champs...all those people you are talking about only show up when the team fails to perform...the village idiot always has a complaint...why ain't we callin that ther touchdown play...why ain't we callin that ther qb tackle play...beer's aint good enuf...lets drink sum whisky...cp's to you

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by txsbronco
                hey B-04 Champs...all those people you are talking about only show up when the team fails to perform...the village idiot always has a complaint...why ain't we callin that ther touchdown play...why ain't we callin that ther qb tackle play...beer's aint good enuf...lets drink sum whisky...cp's to you
                I gotta say, this is my first "season" on the boards, and this is hilarious. I wonder what the negative fans do when we win?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I liked the defense but our attack looked weak till the 4th quarter.
                  I bleed orange and blue...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Great post.....The fact of the matter is there is so much parody(sp) in the nfl there are going to be games like we had last week in Miami. We may not like it, as fans,but it is going to happen.I mean who would have thought the Browns would beat Green Bay at Green Bay...how do you think their fans feel, and who would have thought the Bears would score 30 some points today against the Lions.....I never thought the bears would score 30 points in 5 games let alone 1 game.......Peaks and Valleys.......lets just hope we hit more peaks, rather than valleys.
                    My 3 favorite teams:
                    1.The Denver Broncos
                    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
                    3.Any team who plays Michigan

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Great second half defense, much more aggressive. I especially liked Darrent Williams hit at the end of the game, that was an exclamation point to a gutsy win.
                      The breaks were beating the boys all game, but they got one for the "chopper".

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BOBBLEHEAD
                        It was a decent win but we left alot of points on the field. The pass rush looks a bit better.

                        You're right about the offensive woes continuing, but I am F*CKIN PUMPED about our D!!!!! There pass rush did a LOT better than last week...they were all over brees in that second half. And Champ and MA showed some guts playing with injuries, especially champ, making the biggest play of the season so far.

                        Co-MVP's of the game: Champ and Darrent Williams

                        Way to go boys!!!!! And I'll admit it, I was worried about this week, but that doesn't mean I ever "jumped off the bandwagon", because I was critical of the team after last week's loss. Never once did I say, "Fire Shanny", or "Plummer sucks." But now we're back, and the rest of the west better watch out.

                        Thanks Snk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The critic is here!

                          Okay, I've arrived! Guess what, we won, but we looked like S**t doing it. Our offense should be ashamed of itself. Sure, they made some good plays late in the game, but two turnovers IN THE REDZONE are unacceptable...period. As a fan, I'm thrilled with the victory, but this one goes to the Defense and STs. Our offense had at least 4 drives from their own 45 yd line or less and scored 7, that's right 7 points. We were lucky today, guys... not good. There's a big difference.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Broncos04Champs
                            I gotta say, this is my first "season" on the boards, and this is hilarious. I wonder what the negative fans do when we win?


                            no kidding,my first year also...like I said go to any (Friday Night Lights) in our great state and the village idiot will be there..and also on sunday thru sunday on this board...I think some of these guys never played a down in their lives...later

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
                              Okay, I've arrived! Guess what, we won, but we looked like S**t doing it. Our offense should be ashamed of itself. Sure, they made some good plays late in the game, but two turnovers IN THE REDZONE are unacceptable...period. As a fan, I'm thrilled with the victory, but this one goes to the Defense and STs. Our offense had at least 4 drives from their own 45 yd line or less and scored 7, that's right 7 points. We were lucky today, guys... not good. There's a big difference.
                              Haha. So that's the spin your going with...

                              Well like I said it was an ugly win. Nothin wrong with that - Defense does win championships. Our offense will be fine - our D will be the best in the league this year.

                              By the way, the critics I really want to hear from are the over-reacting "Fire this guy and that guy" critics

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X